Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
idk why she insists on wearing these hats like that. for someone who cares so much about how to wear a balaclava you’d think she would realize this just looks stupid.
D1CC7CB6-1F58-42A0-9F15-D21BCD765763.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is it a balaclava though? A balaclava to me is more a ski mask situation with eye holes - think bank robbers or a nicer vision: pussy riot (way too cool for her). This is a knit HOOD. In fact, Arket calls it a hood. Always trying to make things sound more cutting edge than they are.

Anyways, it looks about as good on her as a swim cap. And the pointy beanie is so Brooklyn 2010 - annoyed with it then.

Unless she has a sandwich tucked in there ala Paddington Bear? - that would be proper respect, high five time.
6a8d09c6a211ad3c15f1c63727cb1ea2.png

Reactions: 6
Didn't she say in a vlog once she couldn't decide whether those hats made her look ridiculous or like an olsen? She's obviously decided/been told Olsen :/
She's got about 50 colours in the Norse project beanies which suit her better, so it's most likely a sartorial choice

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I’m out. Unfollowed. Second pair (it looks like) of those Margiela camel toe shoes. I can’t deal with the vulgarity and as others have more eloquently put, the faux artiness.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She's had a pair of tabby boots before and sold them on Vestiaire because she said she felt too self-conscious when she wore them. If she were truly an originator of style (as she seems to imply when she tries to claim the rights to fishermen sandals, knitted vests etc... "Been wearing them for years but they're really having a moment right now...") then she'd wear them regardless, because she loves them. Not wait till a few other people are seen in them (or after she's been invited on a press trip with the brand) and THEN wear them

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s just classic BB though isn’t it? I have loved Tabis forever but I just haven’t been in a position (financially) to buy myself a pair. They are quite a statement but I maintain that everyone especially a bloody “fashion influencer” should be able to wear them if styled appropriately - I’m not a maximalist by any means! It’s a bizarre thing to be a self-conscious influencer isn’t it? Quite contradictory.

I bet one million Maltezers those Mary Jane Tabis end up on the DePop heap with her Burberry Mary Janes and Proenza Schouler ones.

I don't like them personally but am not horrified by them either. On some they look really cute. To each his own. They just don't really suit her and look bloody uncomfortable on her feet - which, she keeps saying, "I don't have time for anything uncomfortable anymore"...really? Because you choose style over comfort/function fairly often.

It’s a bizarre thing to be a self-conscious influencer isn’t it? Quite contradictory.
Yes, a bit of an oxymoron. At least influencer in theory. In practice, it seems, most of them are ultra self-conscious - made worse by their chosen work.

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.54.58 AM.png

I don't believe that for a minute. If she loved how divisive they were she would not be on the fence about them for so long (she states earlier). They've started to be worn by more and more people, particularly the wealthy kids of NYC and London. She feels they elevate her above other influencers like Lizzy etc. as now she is more into "concept" than just looking pretty. She hates conflict, she will wear these among like minded individuals but she wouldn't wear them just anywhere. She's not a trailblazer, she might be among the more average influencers but time and time again we see it done first on other influencers with less of a following often in other countries she cribs from without credit.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Not to belabor the tabi purchases (2 pairs) but I think it's hilarious that she's unsure about the socks and now on "the hunt" for some that will work. If she knew anything about Margiela, she would know these shoes have been around for 30 years and were BASED ON THE TABI SOCK which is ubiquitous in Japan. That's something Margiela is known for, subverting classics in a different form. Taking the sock and making a shoe form, playing with function. That's partially what makes them interesting. They hardly need to make socks for this shoe - other way around poppet. :rolleyes: 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Not to belabor the tabi purchases (2 pairs) but I think it's hilarious that she's unsure about the socks and now on "the hunt" for some that will work. If she knew anything about Margiela, she would know these shoes have been around for 30 years and were BASED ON THE TABI SOCK which is ubiquitous in Japan. That's something Margiela is known for, subverting classics in a different form. Taking the sock and making a shoe form, playing with function. That's partially what makes them interesting. They hardly need to make socks for this shoe - other way around poppet. :rolleyes: 🤦‍♀️
Also one of her fav places - Muji - has literally sold tabi socks for forever. Eejit.

Reactions: 11
Never ceases to amaze me how she will spend hours stood Infront of a mirror debating (and agonizing) on how she wants a hemline on a pair of trousers "tailored", yet never seems to do her research when it comes to styles of neckline on a t-shirt for example....or socks!!
She doesn't strike me as very intelligent if I'm honest, or as someone who has any courage in her own convictions (unless they've been ok'ed by someone else first!). Also, she went to art college and came away with what? A painter boyfriend, but no artistic flair of her own that I can see. The only talent she has is for ripping off other people and getting away with it

Last edited:
Never ceases to amaze me how she will spend hours stood Infront of a mirror debating (and agonizing) on how she wants a hemline on a pair of trousers "tailored", yet never seems to do her research when it comes to styles of neckline on a t-shirt for example....or socks!!
She doesn't strike me as very intelligent if I'm honest, or as someone who has any courage in her own convictions (unless they've been ok'ed by someone else first!). Also, she went to art college and came away with what? A painter boyfriend, but no artistic flair of her own that I can see. The only talent she has is for ripping off other people and getting away with it
what I also find interesting that despite being so into fashion, we’ve seen her struggle on multiple to remember basic terms for features of clothing, e.g. lapels, the most memorable time for me being when she had no idea how to refer to storm flaps on a coat.

Reactions: 3
Hopefully she's learned not to read Tattle but I also raise my bet by one thousand twiglets that if she does she will then address this in her vlog as if she's always known all of this too. Yes, tabi socks are available at Muji and many places. She doesn't and didn't know anything about the shoe and it's origins, is clear by her original insta engagement.

And it doesn't really matter if you know or don't know things. It's not important so much if you just found out or are learning. All fine, as long as people try, are honest. It's just the insufferable all knowing "I've always worn this, I'm so advant garde" attitude when she's clearly buying these due to their current resurgence. And she doesn't ever bother to look tit up or learn even though she professes constantly how much she reads etc. Same with Lizzy et al.

what I also find interesting that despite being so into fashion, we’ve seen her struggle on multiple to remember basic terms for features of clothing, e.g. lapels, the most memorable time for me being when she had no idea how to refer to storm flaps on a coat.
Yes! Exactly. It's her not giving a tit. I remember the storm flap thing too. She asked what is this called I don't know. Several people in the comments let her know it's a double yoke on the back to deflect rain from the body and storm flap on front to reinforce the closure, also traditionally to provide extra material there for when worn shooting etc. But she doesn't respond to those or remember for the next time. Her saying she doesn't know and asking are just excuses. You would think that having 500 trenches she would now kind of know the construction a little? Not that it's completely necessary to be an expert (it's a little nerdy perhaps? she isn't sewing them?) but why ask or even mention that you don't know if you don't want to? Just keep calling it the thingy then ya dolt. LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Moving back in with Dean. Wonder what will happen to all that pricey furniture.

So I saw these comments before her video and got excited that it was a really positive move but she super undersold it. Why do they need to buy a new house? I guess some just love projects. Maybe this will slowly morph into her career: house stuff.

Happy things are better but what a womp womp.

Anyway she understood the Tattle assignment:
- montage
- less talking
- less OOTD
- more Dean / old house

Reactions: 9
Less talking for sure, but I still had to watch it at x1.5 speed, and checked if I’d clicked the right speed as she was still slow getting sentences out!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Moving back in with Dean. Wonder what will happen to all that pricey furniture.
well, she alludes to putting it in storage for when they have a bigger place. But let's be real, when that time comes around, all her current pieces will no longer be on trend, and she will magically never mention her pieces in storage ever again, and the cycle will continue......

• Heart
Reactions: 11