Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do not like that she is collecting all these shells. Even if it’s allowed by law, it’s really not the done thing. ‘Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints’ is the mantra. It’s the volume as well - she seems to be amassing a lot. And for some sort of display in her new house? 😐

Reactions: 7
I do not like that she is collecting all these shells. Even if it’s allowed by law, it’s really not the done thing. ‘Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints’ is the mantra. It’s the volume as well - she seems to be amassing a lot. And for some sort of display in her new house? 😐
I'm aussie and it is actually very common to collect sea shells, there are a lot of them, but obviously only to an extent, like a handful at a time for example. I'm also curious if she is planning to take them home with her.

Reactions: 5
I'm aussie and it is actually very common to collect sea shells, there are a lot of them, but obviously only to an extent, like a handful at a time for example. I'm also curious if she is planning to take them home with her.
Im Aussie and was always encouraged to admire shells but ultimately leave them for everyone to enjoy. But appreciate everyone is different 💚
Either way if it was a few it wouldn’t have registered but it seems so many. She’s definitely planning on taking them back.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Taking them back to the UK is incredibly irresponsible. That’s how we end up with species of bacteria (blue green algae for example) that are incompatible with our eco system that end up destroying swathes of our habitats. No amount of cleaning removes that risk. I wouldn’t be surprised if she got pulled for it at the airport.

It’s really selfish of her to decide that her bathroom comes before anything else. What is wrong with her!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I grew up on the coast where people would literally take bucket fulls home, I’ve always collected shells from my trips 😬😬
Didn’t realise it wasn’t the done thing.. whoops

Reactions: 3
Tbf the advice differs across regions and states. I believe in Victoria you can take a certain amount (as long as you're not piffing some poor little mollusc out of its shell). It's something like max 10kg a day per person, and certain types of shells are protected and cannot be removed.

Some beaches in QLD & WA (they tend to be those found in National Parks) it is illegal to remove shells.

If you're removing enough that it could qualify as a commercial quantity, then you're a dead set mole. I don't think Britters has removed THAT much though, as long as it's not a National Park beach and wasn't already housing a little creature.

• Heart
We always collected shells in Whitley Bay in Newcastle in the 1970s with my grandma and then took them home and filed them in matchboxes (when there were small matchboxes) and labeled them with the Latin and colloquial names. My Grandma was excellent.

However, I do think it's now considered in regard to beach erosion and climate change as detrimental to the habitat of sea life and shore stability. Not so much an individual on a lonely beach but if it's a popular destination with 100s of thousands (LOL, hundreds and thousands, the ice cream topping for Brits) of people each taking a bucket it adds up. She's a bit unaware as someone who professes to be interested in sustainable practices and clean beauty (which I realize she's dropped that).
---
Totally different topic -

Can I just say how much I dislike the super long, heavy a-line skirt trend. Is it a trend? I find it really unflattering to almost everyone. What am I missing?

• Heart
Just watched her hair tutorial reel. Still amazes how much time and effort she puts into making it look like she didn't put any effort in at all, which I suppose is her overall aesthetic. I've found her hair hit or miss on the AUS trip, sometimes it looks lifeless/limp and like its weighing her down, but I assume it's the humidity. I'm usually a big fan of her hair, especially her highlights. To be honest, I'm surprised she doesn't wear her hair up more often, especially in the heat.

Reactions: 6
Just watched her hair tutorial reel. Still amazes how much time and effort she puts into making it look like she didn't put any effort in at all, which I suppose is her overall aesthetic.
you've just nailed what it is that infuriates me about her.

BB is all about looking "effortless" and "chic" yet in order to achieve that she has to put in so much effort! everything is forced and posed and never ever natural, even though she tries to make it look natural. it's all fake. and she thinks she's super cool because of it.... but I Just find the whole thing so cringy! there's literally nothing less cool about all that effort.

it's like when vloggers put the camera down to film themselves walking by. all I can think about is how they had to put the camera there, check the shot was right, walk away from the camera, walk passed it, and then run back to grab the camera. it's so unbelievably cringy!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
you've just nailed what it is that infuriates me about her.

BB is all about looking "effortless" and "chic" yet in order to achieve that she has to put in so much effort! everything is forced and posed and never ever natural, even though she tries to make it look natural. it's all fake. and she thinks she's super cool because of it.... but I Just find the whole thing so cringy! there's literally nothing less cool about all that effort.

it's like when vloggers put the camera down to film themselves walking by. all I can think about is how they had to put the camera there, check the shot was right, walk away from the camera, walk passed it, and then run back to grab the camera. it's so unbelievably cringy!

Or when they vlog waking up. The camera just happened to be there right? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
New thread title suggestion

"Brittany Bathgate #3: the artist formally known as Beth Bathwater"

Those who know, know😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This reminds me of my teenage sister going through mum’s old stuff trying to be all grown up and desperately convincing everyone that it does fit, she just needs to hold her shoulders super straight.

Does BB not see it’s getting ridiculous?
looks like the coat we have to wear for chemistry lab classes 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She's done Instagram ads already (with Everlane amongst others) so it's a bit of a reach to say this is her 'first sponsored content of the year' like she's soooooo different to every other iNfLueNceR out there. Yes, of course you are BB. Plus she has a job now, right? so she doesn't need to do this tit anymore. Allegedly.

Reactions: 9
She's done Instagram ads already (with Everlane amongst others) so it's a bit of a reach to say this is her 'first sponsored content of the year' like she's soooooo different to every other iNfLueNceR out there. Yes, of course you are BB. Plus she has a job now, right? so she doesn't need to do this tit anymore. Allegedly.
I wonder how much working part-time at the art gallery your friend runs pays.

Reactions: 6
I wonder how much working part-time at the art gallery your friend runs pays.
not enough to renovate a house and have 6 weeks in Australia

I did like the Australia Vlog but want to see what they’ve been doing to the house!

• Wow
This reminds me of my teenage sister going through mum’s old stuff trying to be all grown up and desperately convincing everyone that it does fit, she just needs to hold her shoulders super straight.

Does BB not see it’s getting ridiculous?
She looks like someone who lost a lot of weight but doesn't want to buy new clothes. She also gives such a pensioner aesthetic in most outfits. This looks like labcoat meets judo gi.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She looks like someone who lost a lot of weight but doesn't want to buy new clothes. She also gives such a pensioner aesthetic in most outfits. This looks like labcoat meets judo gi.
Also very Charlie Chaplin - exaggerated, oversized fits on a petite frame ready trip over herself.