Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just pissed influencers can buy a house on a Monday and have the builders show up a week later. I need to get my stair bannisters replaced and no one is calling me back!!
He’s in that business, and will be promoting his company through this project.

I hope you manage to get good builders!🤞

Reactions: 6
Her brain must be simultaneously overwhelming and boring.

She was going back and forth over wearing a heavy wool coat to stay warm on the way to the airport for her Australia flight. It's peak Summer here btw so she would've been lugging that tit for 6 weeks. Absolutely no chance she'd wear it while here, even in the colder cities.

Just wear a thermal and a packable puffer jacket! Christ alive.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 9.13.44 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 9.07.31 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 9.11.12 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 9.12.19 am.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Her brain must be simultaneously overwhelming and boring.

She was going back and forth over wearing a heavy wool coat to stay warm on the way to the airport for her Australia flight. It's peak Summer here btw so she would've been lugging that tit for 6 weeks. Absolutely no chance she'd wear it while here, even in the colder cities.

Just wear a thermal and a packable puffer jacket! Christ alive.

View attachment 1910439View attachment 1910426
View attachment 1910440View attachment 1910441
still less intense than her freaking about ironing her track pants at 2 am (or whatever the time was), lol

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm a hater today and that green The Row t-shirt is so not her colour and I DARE to check the price of it. Yiiiikezzzz

£330. 330 POUNDS. 330!!!!!
I did the same with the green deveaux trousers... $695!!! For polyester/viscose blend!?! CRAZY MONEY. Plus she'll go shopping when she's out there and spank a load on St Agni, Matteau et al.
Who remembers when she used to pack Weekday vest tops and Havaianas 🤣

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I did the same with the green deveaux trousers... $695!!! For polyester/viscose blend!?!
This is what gets me every single time. I used to think that the price is that high partly for the brand and partly for the quality... You can imagine my shock when I found out I would basically buy something that could be find in Zara, lol.

• Wow
I’m not sure who finds her content interesting anymore. I haven’t watched her videos in a while as I’m not interested in seeing her spend hours debating between two overpriced items. There’s nothing inspiring in these outfits of pairing brand new items of the same aesthetic. Feels like watching the same brand campaign over and over again.

Reactions: 5
Brittany's flying skincare routine is horrifying for someone who displays ocd tendencies. Planes are a hot bed of germs even more so the toilets, you should NOT be doing any skincare routine in the bathroom unless you have your own PJ. When I travel long distances I do my skincare routine just before I leave my house and try to avoid touching my face at all until I've landed, wearing a cap to the airport helps. One day without a skincare routine is not going to impact you in the long run, but the damage you could do by rubbing those germs and poo particles doesn't even bare thinking about.

This may be a controversial thought but doing your makeup during your commute is gross, and I'd rather travel bare face or wake up early

Reactions: 15
What happened to that series she was doing? Those *wants* she had for the season ahead, a kind of bid for conscious consumerism. I don't even know how to describe it!

Reactions: 2
Maybe not doing them anymore because she's realized it reveals how much she's willing to spend on clothes she doesn't actually need and feels as icky as her viewers do about it. Anyway, she'll be concentrating on sourcing vintage furniture for the new house now that other influencers such as Lucy Williams have given vintage/secondhand furniture the green light. Then she'll do a video on how she's always loved sourcing vintage furniture and accessories for her home (sponsored by Pamono)

• Haha
Maybe not doing them anymore because she's realized it reveals how much she's willing to spend on clothes she doesn't actually need and feels as icky as her viewers do about it. Anyway, she'll be concentrating on sourcing vintage furniture for the new house now that other influencers such as Lucy Williams have given vintage/secondhand furniture the green light. Then she'll do a video on how she's always loved sourcing vintage furniture and accessories for her home (sponsored by Pamono)
She's already done that lol. She did a whole video that was sponsored by Vinterior.

Wouldn't be surprised if she stopped the series because she no doubt got (very valid) comments on her consumption.

Reminds me of the video where she tried to find the perfect tiny stool for her apartment? Had a good laugh when I saw it in the background of the house tour

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I live in WA where BB has just been and live exactly at one of the places she has visited. It is funny seeing what she has chosen to share and through her 'lens'... you can literally make anywhere fit your aesthetic 😂😂

Reactions: 8
I quite like it too but not at the price. I'm interested in sustainable, non-fussy but not boring fashion, for a reasonable outlay. This average look isn't offensive but shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. I swear I do way better with my Goodwill outfits.

Like @Readinginks I've lost interest in her videos but still like to check in once in a while. The house is really sweet but already I have issues with them LOL. Maybe it's because I'm poor but I can't stand the British middle class's propensity to go in and renovate before living in the space and figuring it out slowly. I'm British and middle class by the way. When I see my cousin for the first time in years, he tends to show me the new porch, double glazing, and bathroom. HAHAHAHAHAHA. I love him, but this is so gross to me. Not that Americans don't do the worst tit imaginable too. But there's part of the British culture of that milieu wrapped up in renovation/remodeling in a different way.

The last video I saw was about putting bookshelves in the living room space (or lounge in my class- ha!, or den in America). Dean was measuring and describing the bank of bookshelves. As he was describing, at least 1/3rd of the french doors will be obscured cutting out light and openness.

Possibly they will realize that and adjust.

But what about the sustainability she bleats on about? Oh yeah, duck that because I need my vanity books. I realize it's nice to have some art books to peruse at home, but one need not buy every paperback book - libraries? My taste, (and granted people differ) would get that cabinet looking more interesting- maybe carefully stripping back the wood. Old wood for me has richness and history. A lot of work and easier to just build new, I get it, and that's fine too but take some time to see how the house lives on a daily basis and how that life coincides with yours. He can still show off his talents (for business purposes) getting all the must-dos done artistically and competently. That would be interesting.

For me, I've learned that figuring out a new space takes months if not years. I don't put up artwork right away for this reason too. Every house is different, the paintings and house will eventually tell me what to do. Patience always pays off.

They do a lot of lovely stuff too. Vintage furniture can look, in a cold space, like a showroom, and have no personality. But it's a good investment and when coupled with soft furnishings and a variety that truly matches your taste it can look fantastic. Too many influencers think that because they are good at getting dressed, they are good at home design.

Money does not buy genuine home design skills. It just buys fancy tit and tends to look inspired by the shops they spend so much time in. And just like those shops, they constantly want to update their deliveries so as to require more purchases. And the beat goes on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I can't be the only one that HATES those white pants with the cream loafers from her stories today.

Reactions: 7
I can't be the only one that HATES those white pants with the cream loafers from her stories today.
I was just thinking Brittany herself would probably never like or wear certain items if they weren’t by these particular brands. Those type of shoes have been around for decades interestingly she only started reaching for them now that they’re available with a brand/price tag she considers cool.

Reactions: 9