Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she's ever added up everything she's purchased over a year/few months. she obviously recognises her shopping habits aren't healthy but has she actually ever added it all up?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I *need* something that will organize me better than this zip pouch.

Buys something similar and smaller.

Why not just clean it out? Scan in receipts you need. Won't this happen with the new one? Oh it has 2 compartments, I see, problem solved.

I *need* a bigger bag b/c I only have crossbody bags, also the ones I have are open at the top.

Talks about the row Bindl.

This bag is open at the top.

I *need* a jacket that isn't oversized that has buttons closer to the neck b/c they drown me (she's not wrong)

Discusses the Acne one.

Has massively oversized shoulders.

Buys a 3rd pair of tabi shoes (4th if you include the white, which she sold)

States she has *ALWAYS* found them beautiful - but on instagram commented she was undecided about whether she liked them for a long time

LOL. She just wants more new stuff...even though she has new stuff.

has she actually ever added it all up?
My Granddad would say, "in a word..."

(meaning no) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
lol this. Her need to take credit for certain trends/items is so annoying.
Yes! Totes. The Row fisherman sandals, big trench coats, tabi shoes. All done by others before. She did this with St. Agni on instagram last week. Writing that she discovered St. Agni ages ago while knocking about Byron Bay - a not so subtle knife twist to her frenemies Holland/Hadfield who St. Agni routinely gifts also. Lindsey appeared on the St. Agni instagram not long ago.

They may have started liking things b/c of Brittany but it's not like Brittany isn't routinely "inspired" by others. We all are inspired by others. It's amazing how many things Leandra Medine Cohen features that end up being things BB has "always wanted" or heard about from "someone" in the next days - Cawley jacket, Closed denim etc. Just one example (of many) - beyond the ripping off of exact vignettes in videos and photos/ photography techniques with no mention of where she saw it first. I know she mentioned Cohen in regards to the Cawley jacket but I'm betting that's what spurred her purchase more than her wanting it "for years".

If I hear one more influencer saying they've saved up and wanted something for a very long time I might barf. LOL.

It's not so much being inspired that bothers, it's the pretense that she is originating things she has appropriated or being vague about credit (I just sort of came about it). She's a good imitator/curator (though I hate that word) and does so at a level higher than most. Nothing that wrong with that if you admit it and a little more secure in yourself.

She isn't wildly creative - that's not her skill - and honestly it doesn't matter, she makes it matter by her omissions. She takes things and makes them her own and accessible to shorter, non-model women, she is good at selection and presentation and almost always looks chic and has a refined style. That's enough, or I wish it were, because that insecurity popping up ruins what's good.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
i will be curious to see whether she can keep up this wardrobe wishlist series every MONTH. Every 4 weeks. TBH that is overkill/excessive if you're trying to be more considered in your purchases. Once a season seems more appropriate??

Reactions: 12
i will be curious to see whether she can keep up this wardrobe wishlist series every MONTH. Every 4 weeks. TBH that is overkill/excessive if you're trying to be more considered in your purchases. Once a season seems more appropriate??
I was thinking that too when she was explaining the concept. If you have new wishes every month you can't possibly be enjoying what you have??

Also generally I feel like YouTubers kind of shoot themselves in the foot with things like this. They explain a whole plan they have before they've even tried it or started and then inevitably it doesn't go to the original plan and they have to explain. She could have just made this one video, waited to see how it went, waited until she had enough stuff to talk about to do another, etc.

Reactions: 10
Agree with this - I think she'd do better to do once a season, and then maybe for the Inbetweens a 'what I would wear to..' or a 'Wardrobe Favourites' where she picks out four or five things she wears alot, how long she's had them, what the initial cost vs. price per wear is, why she likes them, can they be worn all year or how she would style them/quality and how they've lasted etc... That would be more relatable maybe? And I wondered how it would work with that (in the same way that an influencer might mention "I really like/really want to try...." and then the next video it's been very kindly gifted by the brand or sent by the PR) would the brand's see this and offer her paid work etc based on that? As in, using the videos to build relationships with brands she endources through her own purchases? Not sure I've explained it very well!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I mean it’s only the the first month and she’s ticked more than half of her wish list for the year…. If it’s a sponsored video just let it be. There’s no need to sugarcoat it into something major

Reactions: 8
I also find it very weird that she’s planning tondo this every month. That’s too much o_O every season would make much more sense or every 6 month of you actually want to consume less and more consciously

it really annoys me that the always have to make clear that she owned or wanted something for years and years or quote: „... 2 years, no I think it must have been 3 years...“ - WHO CARES?!?!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I also find it very weird that she’s planning tondo this every month. That’s too much o_O every season would make much more sense or every 6 month of you actually want to consume less and more consciously

it really annoys me that the always have to make clear that she owned or wanted something for years and years or quote: „... 2 years, no I think it must have been 3 years...“ - WHO CARES?!?!
Have you guys noticed that all the influencers do this when they've owned something for longer than a month too? It's like, I've had this for 2 seasons now. Like that's a bleeping lifetime. LOL. They've totally lost all perspective. Exactly, who the duck cares. No one.

Shoot, I'm sitting here right now in boots I've had for 10 (Blundstones), socks I've had for 15 (wool ones I only wear when super cold), sweats 5, t-shirt 2 years. What would they do? They'd have to scream it from the bloody rooftop and put it on their CV. What an accomplishment! Look how sustainable I am! I'm a circle of style icon. 😂 🤣

Has she even mentioned the Patreon thing again since that first video when she went on and on about it? Did she mention it this last video. I skipped through parts (imagine that?). I thought perhaps she'd thought better of it, got scared about failing at it. You guys are so right, she should just do things and not announce a grand plan. Do we remember the year to transition to clean beauty? So many pipe dreams. If she zipped it, she'd not have to under deliver.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes I hate this! If something lasts less than two or three years in my wardrobe I'd consider that a bad purchase. And I certainly wouldn't think it was long enough to be remarkable until like... Eight years? Ten? (Not to mention I buy mostly second hand so the actual age of the items is more than that)

Reactions: 6
As someone said a while back, she can be her own worst enemy. See, if she listened to us, her vlogs would get SO much better. For real :ROFLMAO:

Okay, I'm going to pipe it myself now. LOL. Take my own advice :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3

Buys something similar and smaller
When she pulled out the tiny Jil Sander purse I was so confused. She tried to justify it by saying if you look at the sides of the older wallet that aren’t full, and the size of the receipts folded up it’s the same size as the new smaller one. But it’s still way too small. She’ll now have folded up receipts with annoying crusty corners, with a coin section that can probably hold 5 coins before bulging, and at most 4 cards. For someone who supposedly thinks so much about everything that felt like a really stupid impulse purchase.

Reactions: 9
Could it be her commitment to doing a 'wardrobe wishlist' video each month is because FarFetch are sponsoring her to do ... hmmm .... let me take a wild guess here ... one video per month?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes I hate this! If something lasts less than two or three years in my wardrobe I'd consider that a bad purchase. And I certainly wouldn't think it was long enough to be remarkable until like... Eight years? Ten? (Not to mention I buy mostly second hand so the actual age of the items is more than that)
i don't even think she is saying this stuff for "sustainable reasons" but solely to make the impression as if she was the first to have discovered or worn something

Reactions: 7

Buys something similar and smaller.

Why not just clean it out? Scan in receipts you need. Won't this happen with the new one? Oh it has 2 compartments, I see, problem solved.

I *need* a bigger bag b/c I only have crossbody bags, also the ones I have are open at the top.

Talks about the row Bindl.

This bag is open at the top.

I *need* a jacket that isn't oversized that has buttons closer to the neck b/c they drown me (she's not wrong)

Discusses the Acne one.

Has massively oversized shoulders.

Buys a 3rd pair of tabi shoes (4th if you include the white, which she sold)

States she has *ALWAYS* found them beautiful - but on instagram commented she was undecided about whether she liked them for a long time

LOL. She just wants more new stuff...even though she has new stuff.

My Granddad would say, "in a word..."

(meaning no) :ROFLMAO:
Lol and now in the latest vlog I *need* white denim that I already have but that will be perfect for when I wear sneakers, because she shrunk the other ones so they only fit with boots. So she bought an exact pair of denim she already have, to suit her when she wears regular shoes, of course!! Can she be more neurotic.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Mango have posted the trailer for the video she did with them.

Everything about this takes the cake and is beyond cringe.

“Capsule wardrobe”,”buying with intention”
😂

• Haha
  • Wow

😂

she doesn't even have a capsule wardrobe?? she buys (and is gifted) multiple items items every single season.

😂

omg she is so awkward. also all the clothes she is wearing in the video are terrible and pieces she'd never actually choose for herself.

Reactions: 10
I get that everyone has to make money but why do influencers do these campaigns and wear items that are so out of their usual range. In what world would Brittany wear green heels. Not only do they look like a sell out working with a fast fashion brand while delivering a message they obviously don’t adhere to, they also look incredibly jarring while doing it.