Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He can seemingly build or make pretty much anything, he makes art and he skates.. I’ll let him off the spelling mistakes.
Just skimmed through the latest vlog and there is a lot of ‘we’re doing the floor’ / Cut to: Dean doing the floor and BB taking credit lol

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I also agree! I think she is far better than the other influencers, as you rightly mention ( Lizzy and Linda) she also seems to put a concerted effort into her vlogs. Not all of them might be to everyones taste but she does put in the effort unlike lizzy's who's vlogs these days are tedious to watch. Lizzy has become arrogant and lazy too boot. She just comes across scruffy and can't be @rsed when filming but obvs doing it for the sponsorship money.

i don't think so. she just waffles on and on and on about why she chose one white shirt over the other. bb agonises over things that jsut don't matter. she steals her creativity from others and passes it off as her own unique style. it's boring to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I liked her new vlog until the end when she "just wanted to say thank you" which was a passive aggressive way to talk about mean comments and why she doesn't care anymore, she is the way she is and she likes the people who like her - as if the "mean" comments are on YouTube - you know it's mainly the tattle comments she reads but doesn't admit to reading.

Thing is, we can always improve but she's so thin skinned she either melts down or ignores, black or white, no middle, no let's reflect on what I should take on or discard. Any criticism to her is too painful. Most of what's been said about her here is constructive criticism. That doesn't mean it is easy to hear. She's confused about what criticism is or that it's essential for any "artist" or person working in a creative field.

But yeah, the beginning of it was worth watching, maybe b/c it's going back to the house and Dean which are more interesting than her on her own? I hope she continues doing stuff. It was neat to see the camper van etc. I think that floor is going to disintegrate. It's not about how much resin goes on top but the foundation and material (cement is not concrete) but Dean's efforts are great to see. He will learn a lot from doing all this.

Reactions: 8
I really enjoyed the new vlog too, hilarious camper moment, very typical British weather. I think I really enjoyed the variety of activities shown and outfits. So often vloggers don’t show these things anymore they tell us they did x y z 🥱 instead of taking us along. So this made a nice change.

I turned the video off when it got to the talking to camera ending though. I tried to watch the remainder so I can respond to what you said, but nope, I just do not care enough.

Hahaha I am surprised no-one has commented on Deans appeal in the YouTube comments. If anything I am constantly amazed at what a “maker” he is. I’d love to have that kind of skill.

• Haha
I really enjoyed the new vlog too, hilarious camper moment, very typical British weather. I think I really enjoyed the variety of activities shown and outfits. So often vloggers don’t show these things anymore they tell us they did x y z 🥱 instead of taking us along. So this made a nice change.

I turned the video off when it got to the talking to camera ending though. I tried to watch the remainder so I can respond to what you said, but nope, I just do not care enough.

Hahaha I am surprised no-one has commented on Deans appeal in the YouTube comments. If anything I am constantly amazed at what a “maker” he is. I’d love to have that kind of skill.
I agree, I actually really enjoyed the main part of the vlog (as others are saying, i tuned out at the end). I felt like she was very relaxed and laidback which made a nice change to how she usually presents, and made it much more enjoyable to watch!

Also does anyone watch Chloe Hayward? She keeps popping up on my feed and I think its BB, but just turns out it is someone trying VERY HARD to be BB. Its so cringe, the way these influencers just copy each other.

Reactions: 3
Also does anyone watch Chloe Hayward? She keeps popping up on my feed and I think its BB, but just turns out it is someone trying VERY HARD to be BB. Its so cringe, the way these influencers just copy each other.
I'd never heard of her, but I just played a random clip and she's sitting there in an oversized roll neck sweater, holding up a giant bag ... 'I popped into ... Moo-jee ... is that how you say it? I might be saying it completely wrong'. How the hell else would you say it? Dear God, these people are like parodies of each other. Not one original thought between them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Lol the last page was a hilarious read.
Also, did anyone else notice that in the beginning of the vlog when they're laughing with each other and Dean tells a joke or something, instead of humouring him with a laugh, BB sternly zones out and then decides it's time he film her outfit? It was just a very strange and inorganic occurrence. I was cringing. Their general interactions are like that though. Just tense and uncertain.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Had to fast forward most of it, she said “erm” every 5 seconds and it was all I could hear then.

Reactions: 1
Clicked on her by accident too. She seems to have changed her entire aesthetic in the last year to match BB's :rolleyes:

She is almost a decade younger than Brittany, so I gave her a pass and moved on.

BB trying to justify how her "wardrobe wishlist" video is somehow different from a wardrobe haul when it's practically the same thing. it's encouraging people to shop. it's encouraging herself to shop. she even admits she shopped loads last year, unnecessarily so. this is literally an advertisement with farfetch! the majority of the video is her showing what she's been gifted the last few months!!

BB is always trying to convince us (and herself!) that she's somehow ~ different ~ to other vloggers. she's not.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Jst watched her latest vid and really enjoyed, did she waffle, yes, but u can just skip 5 min in. She seems really enthusiastic about her purchases and look forward to next month's vid.

She seems a lot lighter these days, not to psychoanalyse, but BB strikes me as too much of a neurotic to live by herself, particularly when her job revolves around herself. Not being alone so much means she doesn't have the time or space to over think

BB trying to justify how her "wardrobe wishlist" video is somehow different from a wardrobe haul when it's practically the same thing. it's encouraging people to shop. it's encouraging herself to shop. she even admits she shopped loads last year, unnecessarily so. this is literally an advertisement with farfetch! the majority of the video is her showing what she's been gifted the last few months!!

BB is always trying to convince us (and herself!) that she's somehow ~ different ~ to other vloggers. she's not.
I think this is where her patreon falls down. I liked seeing her clothes, but I'm not going to spend 5 quid a month to see what she bought, you get paid enough by farfetch etc. In my mind, patreon is for creators, and whilst she does create vids, I don't think there is enough output to justify expenditure from anyone besides advertisers

Reactions: 6
She's someone with extremely specific experience (being an influencer) wanting to live like a run of the mill influencer without being known as that.

Reactions: 3
First comment ever, it had to be to roast Brittany. £2K+ just on the couple of things she’s picked up since Xmas. This is BB with the confidence to be herself. Who wants to donate to Patreon so she can buy more really expensive clothes that most of us wouldn’t even think about being able to spend money on? Not me love! Patreon really shows who people are too, some people have loads of £2 or £3 options. The creator chooses. BB will prolly be starting at £20 lols.

Who wants to donate to Patreon so she can buy more really expensive clothes that most of us wouldn’t even think about being able to spend money on?
I can't wait to see how she justifies a patreon. whatever content shes going to provide it better be good. most people set up patreons because they don't earn much from the videos/posts they put out and it's a way for people to support them. BB doesn't need any more money, she barely puts out good content and most of it is ads paid handsomly for by brands - why exactly does she think it's a good idea to ask her followers for more moeny? it's not like she provides in-depth reviews or advice. she is literally a lifestyle vlogger who happens to like fashion. she has very little in terms of knowledge to share with her audience. it just haul after haul except she refuses to call them that.

Reactions: 4
Most creators who put content behind paywalls are people who have extra value to add. Eg. A masterclass on their expert subject or 1:1 consults.
You don’t simply move your existing content behind a paywall because you will just haemorrhage followers. I 100% will not pay to see the same photos/videos I can see on IG. I want more if I’m paying.
IMO, you need good content before the paywall and then GREAT content and value behind the paywall.

Wardrobe "Wishlist" (haul) January 2022:
Jil Sander wallet £320
Tabi boots £850
Cawley jacket £910 (£1300 full price, less £390 aforementioned 30% offered discount)
Margaret Howell jacket £341
Mother jeans £270
Acne blazer £650
Row Bindle bag £1400
Jil Sander Goji bag £1290
Couldn't track down price for Peter Do bag and didn't include the Margiela blazer or the two pairs of 501's mentioned.
Total for the 27 minute video = approx £6031

Snarks about spending £9000 on a concrete floor they'd be walking on everyday (in the previous vlog) but can somehow justify spending nearly that amount on cloth to stuff in an already packed wardrobe. I appreciate they aren't planning on staying in that house forever, and that she's had some of the above for free as part of the FarFetch collab so probably doesn't count, buuuuuttttttt.....

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19