Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
This whole situation is totally insane to me... I don’t want to wildly speculate but if the dad behaves like this, does it imply he is also controlling/abusive of the wife?
They divorced and long time ago and got back together but haven't seemed to be together for a long time. She lives in Louisiana.

LouiseJJ18

Chatty Member
google the link and view the "cached" version - it's still up... watching it via that way now! :D
Think thats gone now as well. :-( i dont want to do vpn and hulu trial. Bugger

I think fans who truly understand the situation don’t actually want her out of the conservatorship, Britney has actually said she is fine with some elements of the cship and it can have its benefits (dealing with lawsuits rather than her dealing with it etc) .. I think the general favourites is Jody Montgomery as conservator for her personal life and the Bessemer trust to be conservator for her estate .... I think I got it right. It seems like these are the people Britney would prefer too.
Theres a lawyer and ex ADA who breaks it down on youtube and says same. Looks at cpurt documents etc which are a matter of public record. BS is Fine with personal conservatorship being Jody. Financial- she wants rid of dodgy daddy and it to be a single trust (Bessemer) overseeing her finances. Paying two entities a lot of money to do the job one could do.

He (Dad) seems really dodgy.

Last edited:

MrsLucas

VIP Member
I’m not too sure I read yesterday TMZ said that people will literally be able to just jump on online and watch but I don’t know. I do think she wants to be heard so I’m hopeful we do get to hear at least some of it. The tarot’s I’ll link some...

There’s a lot more

Magmay

Somethings going around these days 😂😂 covid gal ! Do ye think she has long covid - would tie in with when Siobhan and Sinead were sick. Also it’s quite off putting she smokes. Anyway think she tries to distance herself from Sinead & Siobhan as she can tell their pages are so unprofessional

PettyBettyBoop

VIP Member
She’s not right is she, it’s so sad but I don’t think giving her all her own freedom would end well. Maybe she should be allowed to go out on her own, go for a drive/go on holiday and see how she gets on. I think she’s stuck being a child and it would be like giving a 13 year too many responsibilities.
I know. It's so sad.

emm

VIP Member
Could she possibly have nursing care at home that we don’t see? She seems to have regressed to a teenager.
i guess thats a possiblity, i don't kmpw how it is in the us but my partner works in mental health in the uk and it would be very unusual here to have home care if someone was so ill

turtleneck10

I think even once the kids are 18, they'll stay at home for college so that KF is still entitled to support. I don't know his plan when that cash cow runs out but byeeee

rememberwayne

VIP Member
They’ve got the conservatorship on the basis she has dementia, that’s what’s on the court papers. A dementia sufferer wouldn’t be able to be a performing monkey they wouldn’t remember dance moves or know where they are. Standing on stage infront of that many people would terrify them.
Is this true? There is no way Britney has/had dementia, if she did at time of papers, then there has been no progression at all.

Peachy9

VIP Member
It's long and complicated but basically she was put under a conservatorship in 2008- it was after she locked herself in the bathroom with her son after an access dispute with her ex. You might remember pics of her being taken away in an ambulance (this was after the 2007 head shaving).

It means that her father (who is the main conservator) has control of her as a person and her as a brand. He has control over all her money. It's usually put in place for people with dementia etc who are totally incapable of making decisions for themselves.

Over the years, Britney has tried to get out of it (she spoke about it in her 'for the record' documentary, calling it worse than prison) but she hasnt been successful. It was only supposed to be temporary when she was having problems in 2008. It has meant that her dad (who by the way has a history of abuse and most recently he was reported for being violent with Britney's son) can pay himself (and other people) a wage to be her conservators. There's also a leaked voice mail where she she's telling someone that her dad is threatening to take her kids away. K Fed currently has custody.

The worst part is because of the restrictions, she cant even choose her own lawyer, so it's hard for her to get out of it.

The details are murky because Team Britney are so strict about who talks to her (eg she cant be alone with someone who isnt approved). Most notably, she spoke about the c'ship on Jonothan Ross and it was cut out. Many people who have worked with her during the c'ship have spoken about how she seems on edge and her people control everything.

There's obviously the mental health situation too which no one knows the truth about.

But at the base of it, her fans are saying if she is so incapable of controlling herself - deciding where she wants to go, driving her car etc etc, then why has she spent all these years since 2008 working (world tours, albums, products, vegas residencies). There is an abuse of power somewhere.

If you're interested in the proper explanation, BritneysGram started it all with a podcast episode a year or so ago called FreeBritney (its number 70 something) - they were approached by an ex paralegal working on the conservatorship case and wanted to reveal that one of the conservators quit because of how immoral it was. And it snowballed from there. This was longer than I intended!
Is it similar to deprivation of liberty in the UK?

S4buk

VIP Member
Does anyone know how/where we can watch the documentary in the UK? I don’t have Hulu but if it’s on the UK platform I’ll get a free trial or something.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Under her conservatorship would she even be allowed to post on social media without prior approval?