Britney Spears #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely to Christ nobody is having sex with her for her to even get pregnant?! She doesn’t seem in any fit state to give consent.

Reactions: 14
Surely to Christ nobody is having sex with her for her to even get pregnant?! She doesn’t seem in any fit state to give consent.
We’ll probably never know but I’m guessing Sam is, unless they’re not really together and she knows that. I can’t imagine her being happy if her husband wouldn’t sleep with her, unless she doesn’t even want to have sex.

Reactions: 2
I've always said this. If she's not in a fit state to look after her own affairs then nobody should have been having sex with her. In fact, it's truly shameful that she was simply (forcibly) given a coil instead. And I wonder about the legality of her marriage were it to ever be challenged. As far as I'm concerned anyone having sex with her should be investigated by social services/police.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
This is so offensive. If she can dress and feed herself she can consent to sex. My partner has paranoid schizophrenia, so he can't consent to sex? I'm raping him am I? She has a mental illness fgs, she isn't at the sectioning level so she is perfectly able to have and consent to sex. Having children is a different matter. But she is a human being with the same rights as anyone else around what she chooses to do with her body.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Also I’m sure the coil was more to do with the medication she was on and that it would be dangerous (for her and/or baby) if she fell pregnant while taking it. I agree that it’s totally wrong to say she’s not able to give consent.

Reactions: 6
Oh yeah I remember that, the media wasn’t so kind about her when writing about that performance in the underwear outfit, I believe she wasnt happy either with her appearance. Wasn’t that a kind of comeback or something, she hadnt performed in a year or two and then done the 2007 VMA’s ?
I remember Perez Hilton (then at the height of his unpleasant powers) being absolutely savage about her appearance that night. He accused her of deliberately insulting her fans - "duck YOU, BRITNEY! duck YOU!" he screeched. I also remember thinking that something clearly wasn't right with her. It might have been post-natal depression, but something was obviously going on in her private life, and Perez was behaving as if she'd mortally offended him by being human.

Reactions: 6
This is so offensive. If she can dress and feed herself she can consent to sex. My partner has paranoid schizophrenia, so he can't consent to sex? I'm raping him am I? She has a mental illness fgs, she isn't at the sectioning level so she is perfectly able to have and consent to sex. Having children is a different matter. But she is a human being with the same rights as anyone else around what she chooses to do with her body.
A child can dress and feed themselves. Doesn't mean they can consent to sex.
I did not say that ANYONE with mental illness can't consent to sex (otherwise 1 in 4 people in the UK would need to be celibate).
But if your partner has been deemed by a court to be incapable of making his own decisions then yes he shouldn't be having sex. Nobody should have been having sex with Britney when she was under the conservatorship.
---
Also I’m sure the coil was more to do with the medication she was on and that it would be dangerous (for her and/or baby) if she fell pregnant while taking it. I agree that it’s totally wrong to say she’s not able to give consent.
But if they decided she was incapable of making her own decisions about getting pregnant because she lacked mental capacity then why give her a coil instead of just stopping her having sex? They are basically throwing their hands up in the air and saying "she has no capacity but we can't stop men having sex with her so let's just give her a coil forcibly". Remember coils aren't 100% effective, have bad side effects, don't prevent STDs and definitely don't prevent the emotional fall out from having sex when you are lacking capacity.
---
I remember Perez Hilton (then at the height of his unpleasant powers) being absolutely savage about her appearance that night. He accused her of deliberately insulting her fans - "duck YOU, BRITNEY! duck YOU!" he screeched. I also remember thinking that something clearly wasn't right with her. It might have been post-natal depression, but something was obviously going on in her private life, and Perez was behaving as if she'd mortally offended him by being human.
I remember that. I think he had to make a grovelling apology.
---
By the way, I don't think it would be physically possible to prevent her having sex, what I am saying though is that the court should not have been condoning it by letting Sam live with her.

There is a whole load of caselaw dating back decades about people with Down Syndrome and whether they can consent to sex and whether they should be given long-lasting contraception/sterilised "for their own good" ie so that they can enjoy a sex life if they are high-functioning enough but without the danger of having to go through childbirth/abortion.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I don’t know how to post links here lol but pagesix website has an article confirming Britney’s book will be out later this year, I wonder if it’s true? It does say the publishers confirmed it. I’m honestly surprised if it is true.

Reactions: 2
Imagine being that ghost writer trying to turn mishmash of crazy thoughts and copious emojis into coherent sentences.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Britney acts like Britney is 10 years old.
You don’t take into account her background her environment and experiences in life but u call her a 10 year old. Most of us wouldve ended our lives if we were in her shoes. She acts weird because her life has been weird and her experience has been traumatic. But to call someone a 10 year old who has the mental strength of a fighter is a bit funny to me

Reactions: 8
She’s made and is still making a lot of bad decisions, mainly due to mental health issues and addiction - but I don’t anything to tell me she’s got the mental capacity of a 10 year old. She’s not a child, and doesn’t need to be treated like a literal child to be well.

Reactions: 11
You know... I'm sad for Britney but she is not the first to struggle with this.

Thankfully she has the money to ride it out for a bit, unlike so many people who become homeless, dead...

Call me out... But I think her Dad helped her... And... Would still if he weren't always under fire.

The FREE BRITNEY community should hang their head.
I don’t think her Dad helped her, I think he exploited her. I think she is in the unfortunate situation of being extremely ill but having nobody close enough to manage a conservatorship who actually cares about her welfare more than they care about the money she can make them. Sadly I think that means there is no positive route out for her as she does not accept she needs help. So I can’t see this ending well. It’s all so tragic because she’s genuinely very ill, so none of this is her fault.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.