Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Justine was so plummy that Brett thought she had a speech impediment when he first heard her speak :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I really fancied Justine back in the day! She was gorgeous.

Found this interview from her from March 2000, which was an interesting period of time in terms of Britpop (it was basically over).

Including this quote about Damon.

IMG_4803.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I did some Elastica diving the other night and Donna, Justin and Annie all got together a few years ago to remaster the first album.

Donna seems happy, she seems to be a bit of a hippy these days, making music on YouTube and doing some sort of art PhD. Looks completely different.

Reactions: 3
I really fancied Justine back in the day! She was gorgeous.

Found this interview from her from March 2000, which was an interesting period of time in terms of Britpop (it was basically over).

Including this quote about Damon.

View attachment 2397610
she's right. surprised blur have gotten away with this nicer image than oasis (i mean im not surprised, the northerner aspect certainly played role)

Reactions: 9
she's right. surprised blur have gotten away with this nicer image than oasis (i mean im not surprised, the northerner aspect certainly played role)
I've only met one member of Blur, the drummer Dave Rowntree. He spoke at a conference for me on the subject of social housing a few years ago. I can't speak highly enough about the fella.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've only met one member of Blur, the drummer Dave Rowntree. He spoke at a conference for me on the subject of social housing a few years ago. I can't speak highly enough about the fella.
He currently has a Ukrainian family staying at his home in Godalming, Surrey. Admittedly he has the space, but what a lovely thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He currently has a Ukrainian family staying at his home in Godalming, Surrey. Admittedly he has the space, but what a lovely thing to do.
A lot of these people talk the talk and I’ve met a lot of charlatans (small ‘c’!) in my time but he did seem really genuine and I’m so glad to hear that he’s done this 👏🏻👏🏻🍻

Reactions: 8
Well their music's a duck of a lot better than Oasis' shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
yeah i wasn’t really taking about him. i’ve heard good things about him. can’t say much about the other three (though i like damon these days)

Well their music's a duck of a lot better than Oasis' shite.
i wasn’t referring to their music.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember a band called Cecil? They weren’t brit pop but i saw them supporting Mansun in 97/98. Their second album was great 😍

Reactions: 6
YES! They did this fab video for a song I really liked as well:

If skirts for men ever became a major fashion, they'd be like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
YES! They did this fab video for a song I really liked as well:

If skirts for men ever became a major fashion, they'd be like this.
I love hostage in a frock 😍

They covered on the inside (it was the theme song for prisoner cell block h) which was also fab

I am so excited to have found this thread! I've been binge-reading the Primrose Hill Set thread and couldn't believe my luck when I saw someone had started this thread! I'm a bit too young to remember the Britpop era (I was born in 1989 and in Iceland no less so wouldn't even have gotten to experience any of it first-hand anyway), but my brother used to work at Kaffibarinn back when Damon used to "hang there" and my claim to fame is that I once met him there (I was like 8, and yes it's also a coffeehouse not just a bar :LOL:), and I've basically been obsessed with him since then. Sad I know 😭 He was incredibly nice to me, and I kinda just took that and ran with it for the past 25 years :ROFLMAO:

Sad to hear the rumours about his relapse and the demise of his relationship with Suzy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe not a coincidence, that Dave always kept a bit distant to the other 3. 😅 Iirc, Alex James wrote in his autobiography about Dave, he‘d barely know him, or sth like that.

Reactions: 10
I am so excited to have found this thread! I've been binge-reading the Primrose Hill Set thread and couldn't believe my luck when I saw someone had started this thread! I'm a bit too young to remember the Britpop era (I was born in 1989 and in Iceland no less so wouldn't even have gotten to experience any of it first-hand anyway), but my brother used to work at Kaffibarinn back when Damon used to "hang there" and my claim to fame is that I once met him there (I was like 8, and yes it's also a coffeehouse not just a bar :LOL:), and I've basically been obsessed with him since then. Sad I know 😭 He was incredibly nice to me, and I kinda just took that and ran with it for the past 25 years :ROFLMAO:

Sad to hear the rumours about his relapse and the demise of his relationship with Suzy.
Ha! I visited Kaffibarinn in 2000 on a kind of musical pilgrimige to Iceland, I was obsessed with the film “101 Reykjavik” and also anything that was released via Smekkleysa :)

• Heart
Ha! I visited Kaffibarinn in 2000 on a kind of musical pilgrimige to Iceland, I was obsessed with the film “101 Reykjavik” and also anything that was released via Smekkleysa :)
Wonderful that you were able to do that! I don't think I've been in the Kaffibarinn again since then. I did not grow up in Reykjavík and in the 18 months I lived there in my early 20s I never once went downtown to party 😆 or to go to coffeehouses or anything like that. But the music scene here is still very vibrant ☺

• Heart
I heard an acoustic version of Parklife on the radio today, with Damon doing the Phil Daniels parts and the rest of the band adding shouty harmonies. I'd never heard that before.

I heard an acoustic version of Parklife on the radio today, with Damon doing the Phil Daniels parts and the rest of the band adding shouty harmonies. I'd never heard that before.
If you put park life acoustic into YouTube it will pop up. It’s the BBC live version. Hope it’s the same one 🤔

Reactions: 1