Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
not made during the era but the show my mad fat diary is literally just britpop music. it’s about teenagers in the mid 90s. it’s genuinely a great show because of the story and how it deals with mental illness but the soundtrack is godly
I rewatched recently, it still stands up today as a good show!

Reactions: 5
Oh the neds had Helly Hansen round my way, which ruled that out 🤣

Can't remember where Global Hypercolour t-shirts fitted into that era, mind.

• Haha
In Ireland it was the German army parka that the cool kids wore…I lived in mine. I wonder where it went.

Reactions: 11
I always wanted one of those tshirts but my parents didn’t have a lot of money so i would never ask for one. I was literally thinking about them the other morning on the way to work
I think I got one for my bday one year. They were pure shite and faded to a lovely grey purple when the colour change stopped working 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
back in the day (1995 / 1996) in North West of England it was:

berghaus if your parents were loaded
Helly Hansen if they weren’t rich weren’t poor
Sprayaway if you were a povvo

Sweatershop jumpers…less britpop and just for girls who were in to pop pop?
I was all Naf-Naf, Benetton and Fila trainers tbh. But I was also B&H and alcopops as well.

Reactions: 8
It was all Nafco54 round here if you couldn’t afford NafNaf and then all Adidas/Kappa popper trackies. Which I saw in a vintage market for £40 recently so I’m ready for my grave now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I always wanted one of those tshirts but my parents didn’t have a lot of money so i would never ask for one. I was literally thinking about them the other morning on the way to work
I conned my Grandmother into buying me one when she took me into Town with her one Saturday. It was the last one on the rack and was at least two sizes too big. It was also quite an unattractive yellow and orange colour but I was desperate 😆.

• Haha
I think it’s super admirable that as a kid you didn’t ask for something despite wanting it, it shows a truly altruistic person to go against your teenage instincts of pestering for fashion. Well done youth you! 😍
---
I was all Naf-Naf, Benetton and Fila trainers tbh. But I was also B&H and alcopops as well.
I’ll raise you..
I’m British Knights, Pods, Kickers, Joe Bloggs and Enesse tracksuits I’m that old (but I was very cool, and had to babysit most nights to pay for this clobber)
---
I’ll raise you..
I’m British Knights, Pods, Kickers, Joe Bloggs and Enesse tracksuits I’m that old (but I was very cool, and had to babysit most nights to pay for this clobber)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone remember Woodies alco-pops?
HOW were they allowed?
I LOVED Woodies 😍 They still sell it in Canada apparently !!! I can still taste the pink one 😋

I think it’s super admirable that as a kid you didn’t ask for something despite wanting it, it shows a truly altruistic person to go against your teenage instincts of pestering for fashion. Well done youth you! 😍
---

I’ll raise you..
---

I’ll raise you..
I bought myself Kickers this year 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3