Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I posted this on the Primrose Hill thread, Noel G has announced Tom from Kasabian as his support for the next leg of his tour.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
There was a record shop near me where you could buy tickets for our local venue. If I wanted one quickly, I used to get off the bus on my way home from college and run in.

Reactions: 4
I posted this on the Primrose Hill thread, Noel G has announced Tom from Kasabian as his support for the next leg of his tour.
He may as well get Ian Brown in as support too, considering he also assaulted his partner. Not a good look.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
considering noel’s upbringing and his mums experience you’d think he would use his brain and not do this

Reactions: 7
I’ve found my people!! I absolutely loved 90s indie. I was cool for 5 minutes in 1995. Aged 14, I was really geeky into bands no one else had heard of. Went on holiday to Spain; came back and my favourite bands were suddenly in the charts. Completely indie obsessed: even though we were skint, my dad gave me a tenner every week to put towards music stuff (CDs, t shirts, nme/ mm, t in the park tickets). I had a lovely “I’m common” t shirt, a blur t shirt with a beer mat on it, an oasis t shirt, charlatans t shirt, black grape t shirt: it said “Jesus was Batman”‘on the back: so mum wouldn’t let me wear it to church.

went to any gig or festival I could (t in the park was nearby). My cousin was in some Glasgow indie bands (obscure Bands in the 90s, but a band in the 00s hit it big). Went to one of his gigs when I was 15 in king tuts: his girlfriend fell overherself to find out who the bird was he was chatting to…

Ah… good times
---

I’ll be honest, I cannot imagine Liam is a pedi. He’s a bit of a slag and that. But no way a 13 year old. Don’t see it at all
---

I loved that song “shame”. I always thought he said “you got 2 years in corton vale prison”
Liam and Noel used to live near me, I used to see Liam in our local I'm the same age as Noel, Liam deffo not a pedi, he was as he is now, always attitude and getting drunk, I found him funny then and I still do 🤣.
---
I saw Blur and Pulp back in the day. Finally saw Richard Ashcroft a couple of years ago. As I’ve fancied him since I was 18 and he didn’t disappoint. Everyone singing along and hardly anyone with a phone in their hand. It was like 1997 again just for a couple of hours 😁 He was absolutely awesome. My fantasy was not shattered 🤣
When I was in Hope Hospital or Salford as its known my nurse Kath went to college in Wigan with Richard, she said he had this charisma and all the girls used to follow him around and shouting his name 🤣. Have you watched Hijack with Idris Elba?( brilliantly written acted produced and directed! IMHO every episode was brilliant, it made me laugh when I saw a few corrie and northwest actors in it) Unkle featuring RA Lonely Soul is the theme song I love this song

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
considering noel’s upbringing and his mums experience you’d think he would use his brain and not do this
Yep, that was my first thought too. Having been brought up in that kind of environment myself, I am scratching my head over how out of all the people he could choose, he picked him. I mean he literally had Serge opening for him a few days before so he could have asked him to carry on for the rest of the dates but nope.

Maybe he will honestly never do it again and has 'learnt his lesson' but it's the fact he was so quick to victimize himself at the time that got to me, especially with the 'essay' he wrote that was full of self-pity while claiming he deserved what he got. Worse still was the fact some of his fans were so sure she did something to cause it so they could justify what he did and used the fact she forgave him and claimed it wasn't actually DV to prove their point not realising that it is actually very common for victims to forgive and blame themselves as well.

I used to really like Noel...he was always my favourite back in the day as Liam always acted and behaved like a self-entitled dick but now....he seems to have turned into the person he always used to call out and it is so depressing.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Yep, that was my first thought too. Having been brought up in that kind of environment myself, I am scratching my head over how out of all the people he could choose, he picked him. I mean he literally had Serge opening for him a few days before so he could have asked him to carry on for the rest of the dates but nope.

Maybe he will honestly never do it again and has 'learnt his lesson' but it's the fact he was so quick to victimize himself at the time that got to me, especially with the 'essay' he wrote that was full of self-pity while claiming he deserved what he got. Worse still was the fact some of his fans were so sure she did something to cause it so they could justify what he did and used the fact she forgave him and claimed it wasn't actually DV to prove their point not realising that it is actually very common for victims to forgive and blame themselves as well.

I used to really like Noel...he was always my favourite back in the day as Liam always acted and behaved like a self-entitled dick but now....he seems to have turned into the person he always used to call out and it is so depressing.
There was absolutely zero accountability in his statement, which is always is a big old glaring red flag to me (when I worked in DA, we'd sometimes have both a victim and perp present as the primary victim, which was usually easy to unpick if the perp had a similar attitude), just lots of blaming the booze. A child, who was present, made the call, which makes it (to me) fairly likely it had happened before, as is often the case when a third party raises the alarm. I won't go into the ins and outs as it'd be really triggering, but there's loads of factors in that assault that would have had me really worried.

Really disappointing. I'm not a fan of Kasabian but I was really impressed that they binned him.

Reactions: 9
all the comments under a news story of it on facebook were saying “everyone deserves a second chance” which is fine but keep that attitude for everyone.

seems only men have this luxury

Reactions: 11
all the comments under a news story of it on facebook were saying “everyone deserves a second chance” which is fine but keep that attitude for everyone.

seems only men have this luxury
One can discuss whether someone is redeemed or not forever. Or one could just give the support slot to someone not coming with that baggage. It’s not like there aren’t plenty of great acts to choose from.

Reactions: 6
Going back to music (NOT saying this is what this thread should be about, hello, this is Tattle!), but these are a couple of Noel songs that I could never, ever imagined from him back in the 90s. For him, they are really experimental tracks. For him!

I just wish we’d got that Amorphous Androgynous colab album from him 💔

I really love these songs, The Right Stuff especially, it’s just gold.

If you’re reading this and haven’t heard it, press play ⬇ 🤣 At worst you’ll be surprised, and at best, you‘ll love it.

It’s so not what you’d expect from a Noel Gallagher album track! Even the Mansun fans here, give it a listen, I’d love to know what everyone thinks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Going back to music (NOT saying this is what this thread should be about, hello, this is Tattle!), but these are a couple of Noel songs that I could never, ever imagined from him back in the 90s. For him, they are really experimental tracks. For him!

I just wish we’d got that Amorphous Androgynous colab album from him 💔

I really love these songs, The Right Stuff especially, it’s just gold.

If you’re reading this and haven’t heard it, press play ⬇ 🤣 At worst you’ll be surprised, and at best, you‘ll love it.

It’s so not what you’d expect from a Noel Gallagher album track! Even the Mansun fans here, give it a listen, I’d love to know what everyone thinks!
90’s me probably would have loved it, 2023 appreciates it but is not too keen 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Haha, thank you both for at least listening to it!

I’m convinced Noel Gallagher has a full-on experimental space jazz album in him 🤣, but I don’t think he’d ever go there, so we just get hints of it. He was going to release a whole album with Amorphous Androgynous (who used to be Future Sound Of London), but it never happened.

Reactions: 5