Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same, it completely flew over my head. I feel awful for throwing a potential name out there, it could be anyone. :(
I wasn’t implying that you were being racist in your post. They’ve used a double-entendre that could be the ‘clue’ to the man’s identity but also acts as a dog whistle to those looking for it.

Reactions: 4
I wasn’t implying that you were being racist in your post. They’ve used a double-entendre that could be the ‘clue’ to the man’s identity but also acts as a dog whistle to those looking for it.
When this first came up, on the Celeb gossip thread someone said 'Green banana' was a reference to an underage person. No racial connection at all.

I genuinely hope that's the case (even though the whole post and potential situation is awful) because if there is racism hidden in plain sight as well, it becomes even more depressing.

Reactions: 7
I stumbled across this thread on Saturday after spending Friday night listening to a Brit pop playlist on Spotify with the other half. Then watched the hit list which had a couple of Brit pop tunes, followed by blur on bbc2. Trying to unwind with a bit of come dine with me last night and that was punctuated with blur songs as well. It’s a sign to listen to their new album I think

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve found my people!! I absolutely loved 90s indie. I was cool for 5 minutes in 1995. Aged 14, I was really geeky into bands no one else had heard of. Went on holiday to Spain; came back and my favourite bands were suddenly in the charts. Completely indie obsessed: even though we were skint, my dad gave me a tenner every week to put towards music stuff (CDs, t shirts, nme/ mm, t in the park tickets). I had a lovely “I’m common” t shirt, a blur t shirt with a beer mat on it, an oasis t shirt, charlatans t shirt, black grape t shirt: it said “Jesus was Batman”‘on the back: so mum wouldn’t let me wear it to church.

went to any gig or festival I could (t in the park was nearby). My cousin was in some Glasgow indie bands (obscure Bands in the 90s, but a band in the 00s hit it big). Went to one of his gigs when I was 15 in king tuts: his girlfriend fell overherself to find out who the bird was he was chatting to…

Ah… good times
---
I wonder if it's Liam Gallagher, with the bananas green bit and his Pretty Green stuff.
I’ll be honest, I cannot imagine Liam is a pedi. He’s a bit of a slag and that. But no way a 13 year old. Don’t see it at all
---
Were they duck ghostwritten 👏🏻😂👏🏻😂😂😂😂😂😂
---
Sorry, my one golden rule as an Oasis fan is that I don’t need to defend them on the internet, because I know they don’t give a tit, but that is just too funny,
Saw a mention of New Wave of New Wave so I present to you:

S*M*A*S*H
I loved that song “shame”. I always thought he said “you got 2 years in corton vale prison”

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Were they duck ghostwritten 👏🏻😂👏🏻😂😂😂😂😂😂
---
Sorry, my one golden rule as an Oasis fan is that I don’t need to defend them on the internet, because I know they don’t give a tit, but that is just too funny,
Noel definitely wrote them. However he did have a habit in the 90's of saying he came up with a lot of his best songs on the spot, when actually he had crafted them over the years before they were famous and in between DM and WTSMG. But to be fair he never did many serious interviews back then.

Reactions: 5
I saw Blur and Pulp back in the day. Finally saw Richard Ashcroft a couple of years ago. As I’ve fancied him since I was 18 and he didn’t disappoint. Everyone singing along and hardly anyone with a phone in their hand. It was like 1997 again just for a couple of hours 😁 He was absolutely awesome. My fantasy was not shattered 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Noel definitely wrote them. However he did have a habit in the 90's of saying he came up with a lot of his best songs on the spot, when actually he had crafted them over the years before they were famous and in between DM and WTSMG. But to be fair he never did many serious interviews back then.
Bit in bold 💯 🤣
This is one of my favourite unserious Noel interviews.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve found my people!! I absolutely loved 90s indie. I was cool for 5 minutes in 1995. Aged 14, I was really geeky into bands no one else had heard of. Went on holiday to Spain; came back and my favourite bands were suddenly in the charts. Completely indie obsessed: even though we were skint, my dad gave me a tenner every week to put towards music stuff (CDs, t shirts, nme/ mm, t in the park tickets). I had a lovely “I’m common” t shirt, a blur t shirt with a beer mat on it, an oasis t shirt, charlatans t shirt, black grape t shirt: it said “Jesus was Batman”‘on the back: so mum wouldn’t let me wear it to church.

went to any gig or festival I could (t in the park was nearby). My cousin was in some Glasgow indie bands (obscure Bands in the 90s, but a band in the 00s hit it big). Went to one of his gigs when I was 15 in king tuts: his girlfriend fell overherself to find out who the bird was he was chatting to…

Ah… good times
---

I’ll be honest, I cannot imagine Liam is a pedi. He’s a bit of a slag and that. But no way a 13 year old. Don’t see it at all
---

I loved that song “shame”. I always thought he said “you got 2 years in corton vale prison”

This is a great review xxx

Reactions: 3
Everyone singing along and hardly anyone with a phone in their hand.
Argh the curse of the phones. I was plagued by some twit holding his phone in my eyeline at a gig recently so I waited till the last verse of the song and absolutely bellowed it out of tune (channelling the spirit of those women at The Bodguard in Manchester) at him. He won't be putting that on YouTube.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Man, I didn’t nearly get to see as many gigs as I should have done, but I feel so privileged to have seen Blur, Suede, the Manics, Radiohead, The Divine Comedy and some others before mobile phones were a thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Argh the curse of the phones. I was plagued by some twit holding his phone in my eyeline at a gig recently so I waited till the last verse of the song and absolutely bellowed it out of tune (channelling the spirit of those women at The Bodguard in Manchester) at him. He won't be putting that on YouTube.
This is my party piece too…….and I’m truly tone deaf. People with phones at gigs get on my tits. You’ll never watch the video and no one on socials wants to hear a gig they’re not at……..

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've just had to explain the Blur 'Song 2' "is there any jam" (pleased to meet you) joke to my son. He looked at me like I was insane. I've tried to explain that we could not Google lyrics in the 90's. Please tell me someone else remembers the jam thing?!
I remember!!! Was just thinking about this the other day.
---
Oasis are hands down the worst band I’ve ever seen live! (Reebok stadium 2000)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Bought my first gazelles early 90s. Used to wear them clubbing.
Never stopped.
Still love trainers and a dress

🖤
---
What i loved about Mansun gigs was they always had a fan meet & greet after, i remember you just had to write to Dark Mavis 💜

I saw Mansun and Embrace support the Manics
Wide Open Space. 💜

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
One of my signature looks involved red flared cords and an Adidas trackie top, usually with DMs. My hair varied between a short sloping wedge and a 1920s bob and when it was longer, I used to accessorise with hairclips like Louise Wener.
I've noticed a fair few Britpop kids became goths as they got older. Especially the girls. I know I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
btw i was the one who originally posted that popbitch blind, it’s from the late 90s/early 00s. it’s an old one.

Is the good mixer still a place to go?? Know it’s still open; wasn’t sure if it was used by youths or just a kind of pilgrimage for britpoppers 😂