Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right then you massive bunch of enablers. Iā€™ve spent the last hour comparing Solovairā€™s and Docs and decided that Solovairā€™s might be the way to go. My feet are too big for kids and vinted is not showing me anything decent so Iā€™m going to pay full price. Iā€™m being drawn to the green pair (Iā€™m drawn to everything green) but if Iā€™m spending this much money I would be better going for a classic black wouldnā€™t I?
Hi I'm here because I'm enjoying the nostalgia, I'm mixed about loving and hating the era.
But this boots dilema- as an also drawn to green person I say go for the green, it's classic to you!
All money is better used elsewhere than clothes for me and I've ended up falling into a trap of practical black and I'm boring myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had bottle green DM knock offs as a teen, and that colour surprisingly goes with almost everything.
That was the message I was waiting for! Sod it Iā€™m going to go for it. I already have green trainers that I wear a lot.

ETA - I did it!
IMG_6701.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Haha, maybe I should become a fashion influencer after all! And now that I got reminded of my old shoes, Iā€™d like to get a green pair again myself!

By the way, Solovair have great customer service. I ordered two pairs in different styles and sent one back, and their delivery and refund was quick and well-documented.

Reactions: 7
Haha, maybe I should become a fashion influencer after all! And now that I got reminded of my old shoes, Iā€™d like to get a green pair again myself!

By the way, Solovair have great customer service. I ordered two pairs in different styles and sent one back, and their delivery and refund was quick and well-documented.
Thanks thatā€™s good to know.

I didnā€™t need much influencing in all honesty. I just needed someone to push me to do it šŸ˜

• Haha
Iā€™d say green but I own both glittery and sequin docs so Iā€™m clearly some sort of magpie rather than a human.

• Haha
Magpies and humans dream the same dream! (I am braleaves from pruning overhead today)
My cherry DMs I think were prompted by parklife Damon A and were a mega present from Dolcis in the early/mid 90s. That was the made in England heyday but I got slight duds- one tongue always lies wonky and jabs into my shin, and as soon as they creased a bit of cherry chipped offšŸ”ŗ. I'm talking about them in the present tense though and they're still watertight and have grip.

That was the message I was waiting for! Sod it Iā€™m going to go for it. I already have green trainers that I wear a lot.

ETA - I did it!
View attachment 2601501
Iā€™ve got DMs in a shiny cherry red ( bought off eBay for Ā£70, they looked like theyā€™d never been worn! ) and they also go with loads of things so glad youā€™re trying a different colour and donā€™t get me wrong, I LOVE black šŸ˜†

Reactions: 4
Blew my mind the first time i heard it ā€œdear Mavis if you tell us what your thoughts are and i hope there not biased cos you are the vicars daughterā€ šŸ¤Æ

Same as when i heard Lola by The Kinks šŸ˜Š
Mavisā€™s opinion is all we really need

• Heart
Mansun really were amzing, they created whole worlds in the their music.

I love how Britpop/indie/alternative music evolved so much in the 90s, you had Manchester in the early 90s, the ā€œnew wave ā€œ with Suede etc, then 95/96 was ā€œpure Britpopā€œ bands like Blur, Oasis, Elastica, Supergrass, then by late 96/97 there was Mansun, Radiohead, The Verve, with more atmospheric thoughtful music.

(I know no bands actually labelled themselves Britpop! And my whole post is a bit of a generalisation, but I hope you guys know what I mean, itā€™s just too cold here to think it through and explain properly! )

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I love how Britpop/indie/alternative music evolved so much in the 90s, you had Manchester in the early 90s, the ā€œnew wave ā€œ with Suede etc, then 95/96 was ā€œpure Britpopā€œ bands like Blur, Oasis, Elastica, Supergrass, then by late 96/97 there was Mansun, Radiohead, The Verve, with more atmospheric thoughtful music.

(I know no bands actually labelled themselves Britpop! And my whole post is a bit of a generalisation, but I hope you guys know what I mean, itā€™s just too cold here to think it through and explain properly! )
So many good bands mentioned in that post!
Ashamed to admit that until I saw them at a festival I thought the lead singer of Mansun was female šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
So many good bands mentioned in that post!
Ashamed to admit that until I saw them at a festival I thought the lead singer of Mansun was female šŸ˜‚
I love that! you must have been shocked when Paul Draper rocked up!

• Haha

I think it was probably the very last great music "scene". What a time, such fond memories! Kids / teens / young adults don't get that same sense of belonging as we did back then, everything is so generic and the atmosphere is gone just seeing it through a screen.

Reactions: 14
What amazes me is how alternative music evolved so often, and so quickly in the 90s. Indie music was so different in the early 90 compared to the mid 90s, then again different in late 90s.

and what made it such an exciting time as a music lover was that simultaneously, the same thing was happening in dance music! so many new genres within the genre.

Reactions: 15

Love this post so much. It really was a great time.

I think it was probably the very last great music "scene". What a time, such fond memories! Kids / teens / young adults don't get that same sense of belonging as we did back then, everything is so generic and the atmosphere is gone just seeing it through a screen.
I used to take photos of bands in the late 90's/early 2000's and the main reason I sort of fell out of it was because there just didn't really feel like a 'scene', if that makes sense. It all felt a bit disjointed. Probs also because a lot of the bands were American at the time and I didn't connect with them as much (around time of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, WAS etc, although I did love those in particular) and there maybe wasn't as much touring.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love that! you must have been shocked when Paul Draper rocked up!
Youā€™d be shocked if he rocked up now. There were comments on here before about him sliding into DMs of fans and the stalking charges.

Iā€™ve struggled to find anything about Stove nicking off with all the money and I love how the Mansuphone was run by one of their mums like a cottage industry!

• Wow
Youā€™d be shocked if he rocked up now. There were comments on here before about him sliding into DMs of fans and the stalking charges.

Iā€™ve struggled to find anything about Stove nicking off with all the money and I love how the Mansuphone was run by one of their mums like a cottage industry!
Iā€™d love to see him now, he was my teenage crush šŸ„°

Reactions: 1