Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to add to the Docs chat, most are now made in China and aren't really the quality of yore. Solovair used to make the ones from the 90s and are still out there making shoes in Northampton.

Reactions: 7
Currently bought vintage Docs for a third of the price, nicely broken in already. 😇 I think I am in some kind of midlife crisis, but I am obsessed with them and didn’t stop wearing since. I‘ve had some brogue ones for the last couple of years, worn sporadically, but the 8 hole ones have a much more comfortable insole.

Reactions: 2
I’ve been looking on Facebook marketplace and vinted and not found any so I’m going to have to take the hit and get them full price. I’ve just had a backdated pay rise at work so I could definitely buy myself an early Christmas present.

Reactions: 1
Seconding buying Solovairs instead of Docs. Only marginally more expensive and much better quality. I didn’t even get a single blister when they were new.

Reactions: 7
I bought my docs secondhand in 2014 and I wear them most of winter. Still got two years left in them I reckon

I bought a new pair last winter and couldn’t get on with them. Think it’s mainly due to my plantar fasciitis but they’re a size 6, black and on Vinted if anyone is interested lol!

• Heart
Right then you massive bunch of enablers. I’ve spent the last hour comparing Solovair’s and Docs and decided that Solovair’s might be the way to go. My feet are too big for kids and vinted is not showing me anything decent so I’m going to pay full price. I’m being drawn to the green pair (I’m drawn to everything green) but if I’m spending this much money I would be better going for a classic black wouldn’t I?

Reactions: 8
Every time i see you post, I sing “Dear Mavis, I’m compelled to write this letter” to myself in my head.
Blew my mind the first time i heard it “dear Mavis if you tell us what your thoughts are and i hope there not biased cos you are the vicars daughter” 🤯

Same as when i heard Lola by The Kinks 😊

Reactions: 5
Right then you massive bunch of enablers. I’ve spent the last hour comparing Solovair’s and Docs and decided that Solovair’s might be the way to go. My feet are too big for kids and vinted is not showing me anything decent so I’m going to pay full price. I’m being drawn to the green pair (I’m drawn to everything green) but if I’m spending this much money I would be better going for a classic black wouldn’t I?
I had bottle green DM knock offs as a teen, and that colour surprisingly goes with almost everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 4