Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We used to buy 4 cans of beer, a big bottle of strongbow plus a bottle of blackcurrant squash and get snakebite drunk before we went out

Reactions: 5
I really wish someone else could remember and could find me a picture of the Cream Soda alcopop . From memory it was in a clear bottle with a white label with a blue band around it. I'm starting to think it was locally produced!

On the coat trend once around 16 (1997) I spent the next few years in the worst coats I could go from the charity shops

Jeans, band tee, superstars and a ratty old seventies afghan coat
With one of those army surplus back packs covered in badges

Small town

Reactions: 12
I can picture that so well!

Back then I wished I could have pulled off that kind of look. It seemed so effortlessly cool to me. It was a pattern that would continue all my life - wanting to fit in with a tribe so desperately but never quite managing it

Velvet blazer, rolled up jeans and docs here!

And my mad fat diary could have been me!! Overweight, outsider teen, childhood sweetheart was fit and I thought he was too good for me, stone roses t shirts, converse, denim skirts, depression and anxiety and of course, the best fucking tunes on my Walkman!!

Harp lager was our pre-gig drink of choice. Lager is the most 1990s of drinks.
My local gig venue used to sell a disgusting Czech beer called Zamek. Its only saving grace was that it was cheap.

Reactions: 3

Yesssss the army and navy bags (I think we called them Swedish bread bags, for some reason). I’d completely forgotten about them.

Dr Martens, black band tee (sometimes worn as a dress), green army shirt worn as a jacket.

Or strappy dress worn over flared jeans (preferably with some kind of embroidered bit on the bottom) with bindis and a bracelet that was attached to a ring and had a chain over the hand

Reactions: 9
That bag was my schoolbagWorn with one strap naturally.
I was 17 in 1997 and my shop of choice was the army and navy surplus store.
Flared cords/jeans-bottoms cut off for the fringe effect- band tees, 70’s adidas tees (worn tight), army shirts and docs/ campus runners.
Perfume was Tribe/Charlie Red/ Exclamation/Body Shop White Musk and CK One.
Hair was short. Very short.

Reactions: 7
Corduroy flares, V-neck woolly jumpers with huge shirt collars poking out from underneath, Adidas Campus, a short bob and 60s style liquid eyeliner. It was quite a sight for the village.

All of you guys sound so much cooler than I was. I used to get £100 clothing grant once a year from social services so it was just a case of going to the cheapest shop to get as much as I could I did make good use of boyfriends huge checked shirts though.

When I was 16 I saved my wages from waitressing for ages so I could buy a pair of Doc Martens They were a thing of beauty.

Reactions: 20
I would wear Tribe today if I could!

I still wear CK1 it’s the only perfume that doesn’t give me a migraine…

White Musk, Charlie and Exclamation are still around. WM is the only one you can still get in the Body Shop which is a shame as I loved Dewberry and Anayna. Charlie you can get anywhere and Exclamation is on Amazon. I got a bottle to see if it was still the same and it was....god, it brought back memories.

Reactions: 4
I really wish someone else could remember and could find me a picture of the Cream Soda alcopop . From memory it was in a clear bottle with a white label with a blue band around it. I'm starting to think it was locally produced!
I had this once in a club and could never find it again! It was fantastic!

Reactions: 2
Me too!! I remember my school bully telling me it was fucking horrible and not to wear it. I’d wear it still out of sheer defiance like I did every day back then. I have also stocked up on that other blast from the past - impulse o2
YES !!!! I did this too with impulse, it took me right back to being 15

Reactions: 4