Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We used to buy 4 cans of beer, a big bottle of strongbow plus a bottle of blackcurrant squash and get snakebite drunk before we went out 🍺

Reactions: 5
I really wish someone else could remember and could find me a picture of the Cream Soda alcopop . From memory it was in a clear bottle with a white label with a blue band around it. I'm starting to think it was locally produced!

On the coat trend once around 16 (1997) I spent the next few years in the worst coats I could go from the charity shops

Jeans, band tee, superstars and a ratty old seventies afghan coat
With one of those army surplus back packs covered in badges

Small town 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
On the coat trend once around 16 (1997) I spent the next few years in the worst coats I could go from the charity shops

Small town 😂
I can picture that so well!

Back then I wished I could have pulled off that kind of look. It seemed so effortlessly cool to me. It was a pattern that would continue all my life - wanting to fit in with a tribe so desperately but never quite managing it 😅

Velvet blazer, rolled up jeans and docs here!

And my mad fat diary could have been me!! Overweight, outsider teen, childhood sweetheart was fit and I thought he was too good for me, stone roses t shirts, converse, denim skirts, depression and anxiety and of course, the best bleeping tunes on my Walkman!!

• Heart
Harp lager was our pre-gig drink of choice. Lager is the most 1990s of drinks.
My local gig venue used to sell a disgusting Czech beer called Zamek. Its only saving grace was that it was cheap.

Reactions: 3

Small town 😂

Yesssss the army and navy bags (I think we called them Swedish bread bags, for some reason). I’d completely forgotten about them.

Dr Martens, black band tee (sometimes worn as a dress), green army shirt worn as a jacket.

Or strappy dress worn over flared jeans (preferably with some kind of embroidered bit on the bottom) with bindis and a bracelet that was attached to a ring and had a chain over the hand

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That bag was my schoolbag🤣Worn with one strap naturally.
I was 17 in 1997 and my shop of choice was the army and navy surplus store.
Flared cords/jeans-bottoms cut off for the fringe effect- band tees, 70’s adidas tees (worn tight), army shirts and docs/ campus runners.
Perfume was Tribe/Charlie Red/ Exclamation/Body Shop White Musk and CK One.
Hair was short. Very short.

Reactions: 7
Corduroy flares, V-neck woolly jumpers with huge shirt collars poking out from underneath, Adidas Campus, a short bob and 60s style liquid eyeliner. It was quite a sight for the village. 😂

• Haha
All of you guys sound so much cooler than I was. I used to get £100 clothing grant once a year from social services so it was just a case of going to the cheapest shop to get as much as I could 😂 I did make good use of boyfriends huge checked shirts though.

When I was 16 I saved my wages from waitressing for ages so I could buy a pair of Doc Martens ❤ They were a thing of beauty.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Flared cords/jeans-bottoms cut off for the fringe effect- band tees, 70’s adidas tees (worn tight), army shirts and docs/ campus runners.
I would wear Tribe today if I could!

I still wear CK1 it’s the only perfume that doesn’t give me a migraine…

• Heart
White Musk, Charlie and Exclamation are still around. WM is the only one you can still get in the Body Shop which is a shame as I loved Dewberry and Anayna. Charlie you can get anywhere and Exclamation is on Amazon. I got a bottle to see if it was still the same and it was....god, it brought back memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I really wish someone else could remember and could find me a picture of the Cream Soda alcopop . From memory it was in a clear bottle with a white label with a blue band around it. I'm starting to think it was locally produced!
I had this once in a club and could never find it again! It was fantastic!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Me too!! I remember my school bully telling me it was bleeping horrible and not to wear it. I’d wear it still out of sheer defiance like I did every day back then. I have also stocked up on that other blast from the past - impulse o2
YES !!!! I did this too with impulse, it took me right back to being 15 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 4