Brianna Ghey Murder Trial #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually can't believe the Tesco meal deal line? what the duck. This is a murder trial
First the Who lyric quote ( “For whatever reason, it may be quoting the old Who song, that Brianna should be able to see for miles and miles, maybe she didn’t have a good view. ) and now this. Disgusting.

Reactions: 7
Is he putting it out there that her Mum has removed Girl X clothes?
To be fair I think she might have done 🤷. That seems plausible. She may not really have thought anything of washing the clothes. She may well have known exactly what she was doing, but equally maybe she didn't. I don't think I'd even remember what my kid wore at the weekend and I certainly wouldn't check it before chucking it in the machine.

It's also entirely possible X washed her own clothes. Apparently some teenagers do that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
To be fair I think she might have done 🤷. That seems plausible. She may not really have thought anything of washing the clothes. She may well have known exactly what she was doing, but equally maybe she didn't. I don't think I'd even remember what my kid wore at the weekend and I certainly wouldn't check it before chucking it in the machine.

It's also entirely possible X washed her own clothes. Apparently some teenagers do that 🤣
He’s actually said that unusually her Mum was allowed back in the house unsupervised and removed the clothes and there are clothes missing in later photos?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
“I’ve got a problem, and it’s massive. There should be another count on this indictment, and that count is theft. There has been a theft in this case. Girl X has stolen our defence”

Sorry what? It’s not a TV drama🤯

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Another aspect of Girl X's alibi has struck me as off for a while and I've realised why.

She walked a considerable distance from the bus stop with Brianna and Boy Y to Linear Park. They sat on the bench. According to her story, she wanted to keep Brianna in the park, supposedly because they don't hang out much and she really wanted to see Brianna. That's why (supposedly) she was spinning out the tale about the dealer.

So why would she then get up and wander off to 'stretch her legs', as she claims? It does make sense that she'd go far enough to change her Snapchat account and message herself without Brianna seeing it. But Brianna and Boy Y had never met before and weren't speaking. She supposedly wanted to spend time with Brianna and didn't want her to leave early.

Why would you walk away to stretch your legs after you've walked to the bench already? She wouldn't genuinely need to stand up and get some exercise.

Boy Y's 'wee' excuse is much better.

----------
Overall I'm thinking now that X and Y were both there for the stabbing, and fully committed to it at the time. He did it (the physical strength and training), while she possibly told him when to begin, then stood back and watched (lack of any blood on her clothing).

Nothing else makes much sense. Her carrying Boy Y's knife in her pants for an hour doesn't make sense, especially if he treasured his knife so much.

Them messaging each other flirty and weird cat stuff and other jokes once they got home from a murder doesn't make sense if only one of them was involved, and the other was shocked and scared.

They were both in on it in their own ways -- her devious and dark, him pedantic and brutal -- until they realised the murder was attracting way more attention than they'd expected, and that they weren't going to get away with anything, and they blamed each other just like Thompson and Venables did.

In a sick way I would like to have it confirmed exactly what happened at the scene, but right now that's the only scenario that really seems plausible.
---
Littered with chuckles and laughs. It was delivered absent of any emotion. It was cold.

This guy is contradicting himself as much as his client does. You can't complain that someone is laughing through their evidence, and that they're not showing any emotion.

Reactions: 15
If the judge lifts the ban on their identities will be able to see the footage of their police interviews?

Reactions: 7
If the judge lifts the ban on their identities will be able to see the footage of their police interviews?
they usually release a snippit

Can't believe she was laughing, reminds me of Shauna Haore. A bit thick and thinks the police will fall for it

Reactions: 12
'She knew he had a problem with his personality disorder'. Mate, you can't just make up a diagnosis he hasn't been diagnosed with.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
‘Tesco John Wick. More like a Tesco Meal Deal.’

I genuinely wouldn’t blame Brianna’s mum for slapping the fucker. This is truly embarrassing.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
RL: “One thing is for sure, Boy Y is very intelligent. If he wanted to stab Brianna, would he have chosen 3pm on a Saturday afternoon? Would he have gone to Sainsbury’s and took public transport with CCTV all over the place. Boy Y is not expecting it."

Not expecting it, but took his hunting knife out with him just in case! And send text messages about their plan to kill Brianna

Reactions: 12
Tesco John Wick? More like a Tesco Meal Deal. Eh?
1702987086357.png

Ahh... she gets it, lady at the back of the jury there. Yeah. Rest of you... not laughing. No sense of humour.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If Boy Y was a fully paid up member of the Brianna killing team
Frigging hell.

Also the ‘stole our defence’ line? Pretty sure they’ve both been saying they didn’t do it and the other one stabbed her from the start! Difference is, Y kept the knife and all his bloodstained clothing!

Reactions: 4
it’s really interesting that not many are seeing it as a hate crime as that’s how I personally see it - I’d never dream of making any of the comments the two defendants have made on trans people/Brianna and they do read as transphobic to me. just my two cents, but I’d be interested to hear why you guys don’t see it as a hate crime.

Reactions: 6
it’s really interesting that not many are seeing it as a hate crime as that’s how I personally see it - I’d never dream of making any of the comments the two defendants have made on trans people/Brianna and they do read as transphobic to me. just my two cents, but I’d be interested to hear why you guys don’t see it as a hate crime.
Because they didn’t murder Brianna due to her gender identity?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Only Boy Y has made any derogatory comments, surely: calling Brianna 'it' and using a word (tr***y) that is now considered a slur.

Being obsessed with a trans girl, using the 'she' pronouns and saying how pretty she is (as Girl X did) is surely staying within the boundaries of respectful behaviour as it's now seen.

Ironically, it seems perhaps that Girl X saw Brianna just like a 'normal' person, with her trans identity just as an interesting but irrelevant factor. The issue is that she was manipulative towards, lied to, and entertained violent fantasies around lots of 'normal' people.

Reactions: 13
I think it’s more that you need to be able to really prove that it was to prosecute as one.

There’s no hard evidence that Girl X harboured transphobic views. Brianna’s identity played a part in why X was ‘obsessed’ by her in my personal view but she also says Brianna was pretty, sounded just like a girl, and X now has claimed she’s questioned her own gender identity. The case that her motive was transphobic is weak - and if you rely on that in the case that she’s a murderer you risk weakening that by extension.

I’d rather they go with the best case that puts these two away for life, than attempt to get the motive ‘correct’ here and risk getting them off. Decide whether it’s a hate crime once the guilty verdicts are in.

Reactions: 14
If Boy Y was a fully paid up member of the Brianna killing team

The way he’s been talking in this closing statement is so insensitive and disrespectful! ‘Brianna killing team’ wtf🧐

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Yeah, I get that the barrister is trying to be dramatic in order to convince the jury of their guilt but jfc it is genuinely coming off like he’s trying to be comical here. Extremely unprofessional.

Reactions: 17
Y has gone back to his unit. After hearing how his barrister spoke I would too, that had to have gone down like a lead balloon with the jury.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.