Brianna Ghey Murder Trial #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My prediction is they'll both be found guilty but the jury won't be unanimous, so deliberations may take longer than many here are predicting.

(The judge will ask for unanimous decisions to start with, then, after an amount of time that is down to her discretion, may say she will accept a majority decision of 11:1 etc.)

Reactions: 2
I hope there’s a decision before Christmas - can’t imagine having this hanging over your heads over the holiday. For the jury as well as the families, my friend sat on a murder trial and it was really impactful for him.

Reactions: 13
His family are not responsible for his crimes. If they were, they would be up in court too. Imagine moving towns and shutting down your business just because your weirdo cousin killed someone, what would that achieve? His family are victims of this too, we don’t know their family dynamic but they have (even if it’s his own fault) lost somebody that they loved too. I can’t imagine what it’s like to have a member of the family that’s not only committed this offence, but the whole entire world know about it too.
My friend was stabbed to death this year and the woman who killed him has a brother who owns multiple shops in our area who is a lovely man and does a lot for the community. Once found guilty multiple people tried to tarnish his business smashing the shops up and assaulting his staff members over something his sister who he’s had no contact with for over 20 years has done meaning it affected him and his children. I hate the whole witch hunt over family who have 0 involvement in it all, for all anyone knows these people have completely cut him off and want nothing further to do with him. It’s ridiculous

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Looks they are going to use Y's autism to help defend him

We don’t mock an individual for how they look or behave. And if someone enjoys admiring trees or admiring the craftsmanship of a knife that his dad bought for him on holiday, well that’s ok. Autism.
---
I didn't know X had been laughing in her interview.

One is unable to speak, the other is ready and willing to confidently tread the boards and lie and lie again with the odd laugh and smirk.

“I counted 17 laughs during Girl X’s interview when she gave that lying account.
---
“The prosecution wanted to remind you of Tesco John Wick. He was a hitman. Boy Y, a hitman. Tesco John Wick. More like a Tesco meal deal.”

• Wow
Reactions: 9
bleeping hell. Littler doing a terrible job here.

Tells jury to disregard his autistic traits then two seconds later blames his ASC. Insults him by calling him a Tesco Meal Deal 🤣
---
bleeping hell. Littler doing a terrible job here.

Tells jury to disregard his autistic traits then two seconds later blames his ASC. Insults him by calling him a Tesco Meal Deal 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh wow. This is terrible. "She has stolen our defence".
I don't know if this is the right time for him to be coming up with corny flourishes and gags, as though he's in the House of Commons scoring points off a political opponent.

Reactions: 14
Where do you all keep up to date with this trial - I have only been listening to the podcast

Reactions: 3
Christ he said at the beginning this was a tragedy he is quickly turning it into a comedy. What an embarrassment

Reactions: 11
Yeah hes definitely like a tesco meal deal alright, only a few prawns short of a cocktail.

Reactions: 6
Where do you all keep up to date with this trial - I have only been listening to the podcast
If you google "brianna ghey trial Live updates" you'll get a few newspapers who are doing live coverage of the trial.

I think there were also some links to a few on the first page of this thread

Reactions: 3
I actually can't believe the Tesco meal deal line? what the duck. This is a murder trial

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.