Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

F1Grid

VIP Member
Found it interesting after Judge Yip had to deal with Thomas Cashman that she has said the 2 need to be present for sentencing to start their rehabilitation.
I think this one's going to be the example if they don't, to be honest.

If a criminal continues to resist attending their sentencing despite a judge’s order, they will face an extra 2 years behind bars. This new penalty will apply in cases where the maximum sentence is life imprisonment, including serious sexual or violent crimes like murder, rape, and grievous bodily harm with intent.

The change will mean victims can look offenders in the eye and tell them of the devastating consequences of their crime as they read out their impact statement, rather than addressing an empty dock.

I'm not sure if the reforms are all through yet
but this is a really high profile murder case with a mandatory life sentence and their age automatically shortening the minimum. I think if these two don't show up then the government will really want this to be utilised.

Reactions: 3

soph30

VIP Member
I’m not sure. I tried to unlock my ex boyfriend’s phone using his face when he was asleep and it wouldn’t work?
His eyes would have been closed tho :)
---
Surely all their conversations are on the snapchat cloud though? It seems very odd they'd not be able to get these transcripts.
Doesn’t Snapchat disappear after you’ve read it, it’s not like text messages? Too old sorry 😞
---
Wasn't the phone thrown down a drain? I imagine the device is completely broken or at least badly water damaged. What they can pull from it remotely is only what is uploaded to the cloud, so probably a lot missing.
The cloud updates pretty rapidly, it just keeps syncing. All of X’s historical messages for example should be there

CoopsLoops

If she arranged the meet then she assisted, why is that not clear as day?
Because that alone - literally a fact on its own -wouldn’t be enough. Of course it shouldn’t be.

There’s a lot of evidence why imo Girl X should be found guilty.

I can’t say she IS guilty because that would be wrong; it’s an ongoing trial, we have a duty not to prejudice it, and the verdict is still to be given.

The problem with them showing remorse is that it would indicate guilt and they were pleading not guilty.

Girl X’s barrister said at one point that she felt sorry now for certain actions.

If they now show remorse during mitigation, it will look like they were putting it on. And if they plan to appeal then they will have to continue their pretence of not being guilty.

I strongly suspect they were both advised to plead not guilty. I can understand them wanting to take a punt.

This is all incredibly sad.
---

According to this article, Brianna’s father is only 32, which means he was 16 when Brianna was born. So young. Brianna’s mother is 5 years older than him.
so that fits with the
‘Girl X, who was excluded from school four months before the murder for giving cannabis to another pupil, has traits of autism and ADHD and “high levels of anxiety.’

That fits with what someone on Twitter said. That girl x had ‘spiked’ someone at school already. Fair enough it may have been gummies or whatever but it’s quite serious all the while.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Do you have autism?
I said I find it hard, not that I disagree with what the judge and court did - I don’t need neurodiversity to have an opinion on what has happened.
---
You wouldn’t expect a physical disability not to be accommodated.
The issue is that a physical disability would hinder someone carrying out this murder. If this was a murder committed in the heat of a moment that I could understand but this boy helped planned it, stabbed someone several times and then try to cover it up. To me this particular case doesn’t add up with what accommodations he needed during the trial to cope. That doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in autism or think neurodivergent people are lying. I just find this case in particular difficult to get my head around.

Last edited:

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I’m sure this was mentioned in the last thread. Wasn’t it in a text exchange he said he wanted to do so?
yes, that's where the prosecution got this quote from. It was mentioned but not as a reason for him to bend down next to her dead body.

okdo2022

VIP Member
I don’t think they should be named. The people who need to know their names know and have seen them in court.
by naming them it’s not them that will suffer, it’s their families. Who are innocent. They will probably get released with new identities anyway.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does the girl have 2 Facebook profiles, one with a different surname? The two girls look similar, but her mum has been posting today as she’s part of an MLM so I’m not sure. I know the stranglehold MLM has on their workers

• Wow

hooplifehero

Chatty Member
My guess is she tried to save the both of them with her alibi so they could fool the police and carry on their killing. Once they'd done it once, I think they would have made their way down the list. But of course, she needed him to complete the rest of the list with.
That seems way more generous than I’d imagine her to be - saving him initially when she could have legitimately put all the blame on him, as she later did?

It’s such a ridiculous alibi too, when Mrs Vyze (?) had seen them standing over the body. Maybe it really is the case that she was deluding herself and halfway into a fantasy world, believing her own stories.

Tumbleweed

VIP Member
There was also talk that Betty was a dominatrix prostitute who allowed her clients to sexually abuse Mary. Mary's life was tragic in so many ways.
It's a wonder that she managed to eventually lead a relatively normal life after everything that happened to her .
---
Thank you.
I have just signed up online for a work course as this post has made me realise I should know more really. It's woeful the training on it that healthcare professionals and teachers get.
---

Scary that it was a 10/2 split with the jury. Sounds clear cut to me he meant to murder him.
I thought that too . Very strange.

Last edited:

CocoLoco2

VIP Member
If anyone has seen the kickboxing Facebook page that is quite clearly owned by Y’s family member, there are photos on there of a teenage boy who looks VERY similar to the school photo of Boy Y…….
There is a video on instagram. Big lad

Shinythings

VIP Member
Well the shortest deliberation in history was 1 minute. I hope this one is short and delivers two guilty verdicts but juries can shock you and it could go on a while and deliver a surprising verdict.

Logically they could not deliver 2 not guilty verdicts even if technically possible so it's either 2 guilty or one and one.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
It’s a terrible attempt at a gag anyway.

Tesco John Wick is already a joke meaning cut-price, budget, bargain, inferior version of the real thing. The humour, if we can find humour in Girl X’s approach to life, lies in the idea that Tesco would sell a cheap imitation of a high end product, in this case Boy Y as a poor substitute for Keanu Reeves.

You can’t just insert Meal Deal, a genuine product, to “improve” that joke.

It’s as if I referred to Nigel Farage as a Primark Donald Trump, meaning a cheap and local version of the original, and you said “Primark Hoodie more like.”

I hate to say it but the teenager in this situation, however repulsive she is, was sharper and funnier, and the older man completely ballsed it up.
It’s pound shop /wish/ Ali baba/ temu anyway, not Tesco

• Heart

Whataday21

VIP Member
Joint enterprise doesn’t mean they have to either jointly be found guilty or not guilty. It means (in this case) that someone can be held responsible for murder even if they didn’t actually physically kill the victim. Provided they meet certain criteria.

That (joint enterprise) is imo relevant much more to Girl X than Boy Y, as there’s strong forensic evidence that Boy Y stabbed Brianna and there isn’t any strong evidence that Girl X did.

Imo they both should be found guilty, and I think that’s the likeliest outcome.

But I think what will give the jury the biggest pause is whether Girl X was fully in fantasy land like she was with all her other lies and didn’t think Boy Y would act on it. And it should give them pause given the severity of the charge.
I believe one of those criteria is aiding and abetting. Since she facilitated the meet between Y and Brianna, I guess the judge has to say it for the sake of saying it but it's clear as day.

duckdinner

VIP Member
Where do you all keep up to date with this trial - I have only been listening to the podcast
If you google "brianna ghey trial Live updates" you'll get a few newspapers who are doing live coverage of the trial.

I think there were also some links to a few on the first page of this thread

Not really. My tiktok algorithm brought the names up in February time. I follow a few true crime creators and live locally to the crime which is I assume why it was put on my feed. I personally hadn't searched it up.

Oh fair enough. I'm old school, don't do Tik Tok, just FB, X etc.
---
Don't mean to butt in but they quite literally just popped up as a suggested video on Tiktok for me so they may not have searched it, people have also left the names in comment boxes of news articles etc

Apologies then. That's shocking.