Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
British sovereignty...British arrogance more like. Who the hell do we think we are.

Now we're going to be stuck on this crappy island, paying LOADS more for everything, while everyone with money / a stake in Brexit (here's looking at you , hedge funders and Tory backers) sit pretty with their contingency plans and get out of jail free cards.

Reactions: 7
I have rather mixed emotions about the future of the UK.

I don't think for one moment that people who voted Leave will get what they want - complete independence from the EU. That's never going to happen, and they're going to end up with a much watered-down version of Brexit. Moreover, if Labour or Labour/LibDems win the next general election it wouldn't surprise me if another referendum was called. And if the current Brexit is watered down, it will probably make it much easier to reconcile to as it was before should the referendum vote in favour of rejoining the EU.

But even with a watered down Brexit, I rather think its going to be a pretty horrendous 3 or 4 years until the next election. Brexit, Covid, the economy, the environment, trade deals, Biden, unemployment, rumours of a possible break-up of the Commonwealth to name but a few intransigent positions that will face the ailing Tory government and a downtrodden and totally pissed off general public!

But never fear: the Establishment will be well protected from any fall out from Brexit, so what do they care?

I'm just pleased/relieved I won't be living here when this clusterfuck of all clusterfucks hits the UK with force! :(:mad:

Reactions: 4
I've seen lots of stuff being posted about Brexit that I'd never considered before .I saw a vid where dairy farmers in NI were talking about how much they'll be impacted by it 35% of their milk is taken to ROI everyday for processing and distribution across the globe as it's classed as EU standard ,If there's a "no deal" the milk from NI doesn't fall under EU standards anymore so ROI can't purchase it and it has to be destroyed 45,000 cows would have to culled as they can't be milked as it's then a welfare issue on the animal.They were saying 100,000 jobs throughout Ireland in that industry alone would be lost that's a hell of a lot for a small island.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I've seen lots of stuff being posted about Brexit that I'd never considered before .I saw a vid where dairy farmers in NI were talking about how much they'll be impacted by it 35% of their milk is taken to ROI everyday for processing and distribution across the globe as it's classed as EU standard ,If there's a "no deal" the milk from NI doesn't fall under EU standards anymore so ROI can't purchase it and it has to be destroyed 45,000 cows would have to culled as they can't be milked and it's then a welfare issue on the animal.They were saying 100,000 jobs throughout Ireland in that industry alone would be lost that's a hell of a lot for a small island.
That would be utterly catastrophic 😟

These tweets have not long been posted about the supply chain in ROI and NI

Reactions: 2
Does that mean much? Surely they will just force it through if they want to.
I've no idea why it goes through the Lords I always thought once parliament approves that 's it ?...maybe some of the English folk can explain.

I've no idea why it goes through the Lords I always thought once parliament approves that 's it ?...maybe some of the English folk can explain.
It has already passed the Commons. It seems to me the voting against it is largely symbolic - the Commons can ultimately overrule the Lords anyway.

Reactions: 1
It has already passed the Commons. It seems to me the voting against it is largely symbolic - the Commons can ultimately overrule the Lords anyway.
Why do they bother then ? give the old folks something to do🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That’s true but it has to go past the Lords again for a second reading and they can hold it up by 1 year.

Can't they get him on a microsoft teams chat or something? what timing!
I’m wondering is it the same rules as the commons were as MP’s that can’t psychically be there can’t take part ? You’d think with the current situation it would be allowed.

I’m wondering is it the same rules as the commons were as MP’s that can’t psychically be there can’t take part ? You’d think with the current situation it would be allowed.
* physically* haha!...hate predictive text .

I've seen lots of stuff being posted about Brexit that I'd never considered before .I saw a vid where dairy farmers in NI were talking about how much they'll be impacted by it 35% of their milk is taken to ROI everyday for processing and distribution across the globe as it's classed as EU standard ,If there's a "no deal" the milk from NI doesn't fall under EU standards anymore so ROI can't purchase it and it has to be destroyed 45,000 cows would have to culled as they can't be milked as it's then a welfare issue on the animal.They were saying 100,000 jobs throughout Ireland in that industry alone would be lost that's a hell of a lot for a small island.
This is the problem - plenty of sources have been pointing out the many, many disastrous consequences for the last 4 years and been dismissed as 'project fear'. The information has been there but it has been constantly rubbished and dismissed. Well in a couple of months time we will all start to find out what the truth of the matter is. Personally I think Brexit is going to be a nightmare even with a deal, no deal is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. The people of this country have proved they can't cope with any kind of shortages or inconvenience when we had a few weeks of it in March so I can't imagine what's going to happen when the supermarket shelves go full Soviet in January and February. No deal Brexit is going to make 2020 look like a cake walk.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
This is the problem - plenty of sources have been pointing out the many, many disastrous consequences for the last 4 years and been dismissed as 'project fear'. The information has been there but it has been constantly rubbished and dismissed. Well in a couple of months time we will all start to find out what the truth of the matter is. Personally I think Brexit is going to be a nightmare even with a deal, no deal is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. The people of this country have proved they can't cope with any kind of shortages or inconvenience when we had a few weeks of it in March so I can't imagine what's going to happen when the supermarket shelves go full Soviet in January and February. No deal Brexit is going to make 2020 look like a cake walk.
Yes I don't think the "vote leave" group looked beyond the end of their nose .When you look at all the intricacies that's attached there's a whole different picture emerges .I wonder if the pandemic has given them food for thought (no pun ) if they were to vote again would it be the same outcome ? I can't see anything to be gained from it either only more pressure on ordinary folk living on a budget.