Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how smooth a transition it would've been had the pandemic not occurred ? would the American election still have had as big an impact or would Boris have pushed for the "no deal" (he still could) the wait is killing 😂
Biden doesn't have much love for the UK. and just like with Obama before him, won't recognise any "special relationship" between the two countries, and any thoughts of trade agreements will be put on the back burner.

Now if that statement is true, it will certainly weaken BJ's negotiating position with the US should we actually severe ties with the EU. But given the current clear out of Brexiteers from No 10, it would seem Boris is looking at a more conciliatory stance both with the EU and the States. and thus watering down a hard Brexit.

That's my take anyway. But what do I know? lol

Reactions: 4
Biden doesn't have much love for the UK. and just like with Obama before him, won't recognise any "special relationship" between the two countries, and any thoughts of trade agreements will be put on the back burner.

Now if that statement is true, it will certainly weaken BJ's negotiating position with the US should we actually severe ties with the EU. But given the current clear out of Brexiteers from No 10, it would seem Boris is looking at a more conciliatory stance both with the EU and the States. and thus watering down a hard Brexit.

That's my take anyway. But what do I know? lol
The first couple of lines of your post is my fear we depend on a lot of American investment where I'm from ,it just so happens we're stuck with Boris too ,but I agree with you that's why I wish they'd hurry up and decide one way or the other ...That's if the whole Cummings thing is not another spin to make Boris look better in whatever decision he arrives at.

Reactions: 2
The first couple of lines of your post is my fear we depend on a lot of American investment where I'm from ,it just so happens we're stuck with Boris too ,but I agree with you that's why I wish they'd hurry up and decide one way or the other ...That's if the whole Cummings thing is not another spin to make Boris look better in whatever decision he arrives at.
Well, I shall give it my utmost consideration while I visit my local pub in the next few minutes, and enjoy a couple of drinks and a nice curry.

Cheers!:)

• Haha
Not a fan of Coveney but his points were valid and well put,
do we think bojo can get an extension on that extension 😕

I can’t see there being a deal on this,
If the U.K. have already reneged on a deal (which shouldn’t have been signed anyway when it’s clear they were never going to honour it) the EU aren’t going to bend on any future deal, or walk away until it’s water tight, signed, sealed and locked in a double bolted safe never to be broken 😂

I’ve never given a tit about fisheries and I’m getting leaving cert geography flashbacks I’m not comfortable with 😐

Also, fish should have passports, that would be cute.

It's been confirmed Boris will be going ahead there's a minister being interviewed on Sophy Ridge this very minute looks like it's still going full steam ahead
Oh, I don't doubt they're still pressing ahead. What I mean is, when it's not obsessing over Princess Diana or the weather, it's bumming Johnson. He could go on a killing spree and their front page would be bravo, old chap.

Reactions: 1
Oh, I don't doubt they're still pressing ahead. What I mean is, when it's not obsessing over Princess Diana or the weather, it's bumming Johnson. He could go on a killing spree and their front page would be bravo, old chap.
Oh right :) I thought you meant it's another version of the DM where nothing is to be believed .While we get English papers here it's just the headline is the same they tweak the inside to carry local news so I only go by you lot on here to get the run downs on Boris and his merry men.

Oh right :) I thought you meant it's another version of the DM where nothing is to be believed .While we get English papers here it's just the headline is the same they tweak the inside to carry local news so I only go by you lot on here to get the run downs on Boris and his merry men.
Yes, sorry I should have been clearer!

I am worried about the personal financial implications of Brexit. I saw this yesterday on Twitter which highlights the predicted increase in costs on products ☹

97DE644C-D1BB-4F97-ACF3-D12E63EE8D5E.png

silver linings.

some of the tweets under “the cost of Brexit“ tag are shocking 😭
I don't think this was ever really spelt out prior to the referendum. But if true then those who voted leave will have to live with this oversight, as will everyone else:mad: