Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reigniting of violence in Northern Ireland if the new internal markets bill comes to fruition could theoretically happen. Bit worse than more expensive bacon.
Only Boris might need the Army to patrol his own highways this time ..

Be interesting to know if this is due to Brexit or loyalty to ally Lee Cain 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think Trump has messed up their plans they were expecting him to walk it back into the Whitehouse ...it's all very odd

Reactions: 10
I think Trump has messed up their plans they were expecting him to walk it back into the Whitehouse ...it's all very odd
I haven't been following the Brexit circus at No 10 lately, purely due to the Pandemic circus going on at No 10:LOL:

But I do suspect any momentum for a No Deal, is eroding away given the current resignations; and that transition seems to be dragging on and on.

Boris will find himself between a rock (the inexorable EU) and a hard place (the implacable Biden) very soon, with Brexit very much in tatters.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know how things will go tbh but I’ve got a feeling 2021 isn’t going to be much better than this year.I see there might be a grace period for retailers to adjust I think the consumer is going to be hit hard no matter the outcome if goods are subject to extra checks it’s inevitable https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2020/1113/1177875-brexit/

Reactions: 2
I think there's been too much speculation, ifs and buts about what will, or might, or maybe not, happen from January, so I've not worried about it. It will all come out in the wash.

Reactions: 3
Again it's a different scenario for the UK and NI .I think it wouldn't be so bad if things were on an even keel it's always so up in the air when you're the middle ground between two countries .I'm not sure on the ROI stand on all this.

Reactions: 1
Time will tell. We can just wait and see. We could be really happy, noone can say in all honesty right now.

Reactions: 2
There's not much time left whatever happens and now the ringmaster is going who'll run the circus:rolleyes:

I bet Cameron is laughing his arse off at the utter mess he has left the country in after resigning soon after the referendum result was going against what he thought was expected.

Whatever those who voted Leave wanted, I think they're going to be hugely disappointed/angered at what will ultimately happen over the next few months as I don't think Boris, his Cabinet and his myriad of "special advisors" are all that keen on the kind of Brexit they were hoping for.

After the Covid shambles, and now Brexit, I bet Boris is glad he still has 4 more years before having to beg for votes at the next election (not that I expect him to be PM by then)

Reactions: 8
Well I've chopped down all my trees to prepare, I'm dismayed that the government hasn't started deforesting around here. So many trees that need to be removed in a month and a half!

• Haha
As someone who voted to stay in the EU I am rather saddened/angered at the complete and utter incompetence of this government and its handling of its half-baked negotiations with the EU!

Reactions: 6
I wonder how smooth a transition it would've been had the pandemic not occurred ? would the American election still have had as big an impact or would Boris have pushed for the "no deal" (he still could) the wait is killing 😂

Reactions: 1
So do we think in January when the COVID vaccine needs to arrive smoothly and quickly into the country, there may be anything holding it up at the borders? 🤔

• Haha