Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah but how will it work if there's a no deal ? or is it a pos in that Boris will bend to Brussels demands ?
Boris won't do a No Deal Brexit, because we haven't got a trade with America, if that happens. Biden hates Boris, join the bleeping queue.

Reactions: 4
Been getting in to some twitter arguments lately about seasonal workers in the EU. My partner has worked ski seasons for the last three years. Normally he'd be preparing to fly out next week but with Covid and Brexit no one has any idea what's going on. The gist of it seems to be that if staff were out in the EU before the 31 December, they'd be able to continue as posted workers for the rest of the season, and the UK travel companies would have had an extra year to sort out how they move forward with taking UK staff to the EU for work next year. But due to Covid it looks unlikely and from 1 Jan is seems they will need visas etc and the posts will need to be advertised in the EU first for a period of time before they can be offered to UK workers, which seems to be complicated - basically no one really knows what will be required.
But people on Twitter just seem to do the whole "ohhh poor little rich kids won't be able to skive off in Europe" narrative, without acknowledging that it's actually a high portion of working class kids who do seasons because it's the only way they could afford to travel (literally costs my BF nothing for the whole winter and he sends almost all his wages home to save), whereas now either the cost to the employees will go up (meaning working class young people may struggle to afford to do it) OR the additional costs of hiring British staff will be passed on to the British holidaymakers and the cost of ski holidays and summer activity holidays will go up. Obviously loads of leavers don't care about that, but it's infuriating me that people are so narrow minded that they can't see that we are losing a GOOD THING here. "People will still be able to work in the EU" - yes but it will be so much more difficult now :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Yel

Looking ever more likely that a deal will be reached in the 11th hour. Is that often the way of the EU? So all these extensions hindered more than helped?

Reactions: 2
Looking ever more likely that a deal will be reached in the 11th hour. Is that often the way of the EU? So all these extensions hindered more than helped?
I have been trying to keep up with Brexit negotiations over the last few weeks and months, but obviously with Covid, this has been pushed ever so slightly to one side. Moreover, some of these discussions appear to be nothing more than smoke and mirrors rather than being anything tangible.

Am not convinced this will be the kind of Brexit Leavers will have hoped for: more of a "Brexit Lite" in all probability.

Reactions: 2
What a f***ing shambles.
All the decent people (in both the UK and EU) will now have to suffer because of Brexiteer notions of grandeur.

Reactions: 1