Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Romy

VIP Member
Everything is yet to be done though. In the UK, new rules, new programs (like the Turing one).
The deal doesn't mention "the city" which is a very important point for the UK and Europe, which will be discussed further.

Reactions: 1

FunkyPhil

It was good to hear Freda Wallace of the Gender Nebulous podcast challenging Nick Ferrari on his current favourite “can a woman have a penis?” question this morning.

She said that trans people should be seen as human beings, not a collection of body parts, and that Nick was exacerbating the problem by using Keir Starmer as a whipping boy.

In my view it’s sensationalist tabloid journalism at its lowest. LBC and Nick are so much better than this.

Reverend

VIP Member
Rayner fucked me off saying that the deal was the tories responsibility even if Labour vote for it. No, if you vote in favour of passing it, you are also responsible for it.
I think Labour are in a no win situation with ths. If they don't vote to accept it, the tories will say that they are wanting a no deal.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
EU citizens are fine and have been sorted. British immigrants, sorry i mean expats, in the EU are suddenly finding out that they need to sort out their own drivers licences, bank accounts, property laws as if they don't have naturalisation status.

Freedom of movement has gone. Bastards.
Yes, from the 1st January it will be a points based system for those coming to the UK. I just wonder if you're in airport security or travelling through the eurotunnel and the clock strikes midnight whether there would be a mad rush to join other queues 😂

Romy

VIP Member
The guardian seems every bit as bad as the daily mail for sensationalist stuff to get the shares and clicks 😆

I miss the days when it was respectable.
I agree with you but still the article is interesting and it's a reality.

Columbo

VIP Member
Poots and the hardliners in the DUP don’t want it they could make it very difficult that’s what all the orchestrated violence is about they’re trying every trick in the book they ousted Arlene because they didn’t think she was patriotic enough ...does this read like someone that’s in favour of a sea border with the UK even the PSNI said the threat to the workers was small.https://www.thejournal.ie/larne-brexit-checks-5342216-Feb2021/
Oh no I totally agree with you I'm just wondering if it's all been signed and sealed is there any going back? I guess what they really wanted was a hard border.

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
What a f***ing shambles.
All the decent people (in both the UK and EU) will now have to suffer because of Brexiteer notions of grandeur.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
We can stay in Europe for six months I think? Still don’t understand how that’s progress though?

monga

VIP Member
Oh, I don't doubt they're still pressing ahead. What I mean is, when it's not obsessing over Princess Diana or the weather, it's bumming Johnson. He could go on a killing spree and their front page would be bravo, old chap.
Oh right :) I thought you meant it's another version of the DM where nothing is to be believed .While we get English papers here it's just the headline is the same they tweak the inside to carry local news so I only go by you lot on here to get the run downs on Boris and his merry men.

Reverend

VIP Member
They would never have trusted Corbin as he's a "so called "republican sympathiser and Thatcher always stood firm as far as republicans were concerned they just see the conservatives as wholly British and share a lot of their outdated old school views.
Yes, although they felt Thatcher shafted them big time with the Anglo-Irish agreement, and all the Ulster MP's that were unionists resigned (well, tried to, as you can;t resign from parliament, you have to ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer to appoint you to a paid crown post, and there are only two, so the shock tactic didn't really work!) to stand again as a 'referendum' on the agreement.

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
Oh right :) I thought you meant it's another version of the DM where nothing is to be believed .While we get English papers here it's just the headline is the same they tweak the inside to carry local news so I only go by you lot on here to get the run downs on Boris and his merry men.
Yes, sorry I should have been clearer!

Yel

Chatty Member
I do have a very small portion of sympathy for our Boris - stuck between a rock (Covid and vaccines) and a hard place (Brexit and EU)
Likewise, even if there was someone far more competent it really isn't an easy job.

The UK was always going to suffer pretty badly with covid as it's one of the most unhealthy nations.

I really hope this Sunday deadline is the last, the EU are much more experienced at negotiations and it was always likely to go down to the wire. Although I think the labour MPs that were in brexit voting constituencies should have got Mrs May's deal passed for the first part of withdrawal and not kept up the uncertainty.

I don't understand why the UK gov isn't making a bigger deal of the 22+ trading agreements they've already got in place?