Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Yes, just saw. Allegedly the Irish govt werent even told!
It was just sprung on them. I think it could undermine the whole vaccine programme people could lose what little faith they have in the Gov ,it comes across as petty squabbling on already shaking territory regarding vaccines ,what if they can't get the second dose the EU have said they'll use all other instruments at it's disposal whatever that means.

Reactions: 1

Yel

Chatty Member
And yet another make or break deadline in a few hours 😆

Boris will hold make-or-break call with Ursula von der Leyen at 4pm TODAY: Tory MPs warn PM he must NOT back down as Ireland hits the panic button over 'stalled' Brexit talks and EU demands UK 'compromises' on fishing and level playing field rules

monga

VIP Member
The covid situation doesn't help either

France just does that because they are very late in the setting up compared to the other countries. It is an internal thing.
No but Gove has said things will be impacted for a long time yet ,they already raised concerns about the food situation weeks ago but were told they would have a grace period where things weren't affected but it hasn't helped there's so much red tape appearing even over car imports it's ridiculous.

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
It's been confirmed Boris will be going ahead there's a minister being interviewed on Sophy Ridge this very minute looks like it's still going full steam ahead
Oh, I don't doubt they're still pressing ahead. What I mean is, when it's not obsessing over Princess Diana or the weather, it's bumming Johnson. He could go on a killing spree and their front page would be bravo, old chap.

Blueballs

Old thread, but does anyone else like that you get a stamp in your passport each time now?
At one busy airport (Amsterdam) it did take a few extra mins for the all other passports immigration to go through but most airports i go through are small and there's one line for all.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
And yet another make or break deadline in a few hours 😆

Boris will hold make-or-break call with Ursula von der Leyen at 4pm TODAY: Tory MPs warn PM he must NOT back down as Ireland hits the panic button over 'stalled' Brexit talks and EU demands UK 'compromises' on fishing and level playing field rules
I do have a very small portion of sympathy for our Boris - stuck between a rock (Covid and vaccines) and a hard place (Brexit and EU). I know he is a buffoon most of the time, and is a bit wishy-washy when it comes to policy, but I really wouldn't fancy his job at all. And in truth he deserves (or rather the position of PM), a massive pay rise when you compare with the private sector and vacuous celebs and footballers.

but that's for another thread.

As for the current deadline and Tory MPs insisting he take a hardline: heard it all before. And I suspect if a general election was 4 months away rather than the requisite 4 years away, both he and his MPs would genuinely take a firmer line, if only to placate those who voted for the party in 2019.

Moreover, whatever agreements are finally promulgated, they will almost certainly be broken in the fullness of time:rolleyes:

Romy

VIP Member
The only parties I can see who will benefit are those who want, and will now likely get, Scottish independence, Welsh independence and a step closer to a United Ireland.

Crossed over with ur post but agree on it all 👌🏼
Didn't Wales voted to leave?

So have we run out of Prosecco, Swiss chocolate, and Spanish lemons yet? Thought not.
Swiss is not in the EU. You will still have Prosecco and Lemons, no custom tariff thanks to the deal but still the return of customs and paperwork so less fluidity and efficiency.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Big unrest within the DUP this could cause a big headache for Boris and the protocol her rumoured successor wants nothing to do with it

plymouthbloke1974

I think the deal is fair (from what I’ve read). It could have been worse as in no-deal or Mays deal. I’m willing to give it a chance.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
There isn’t a cat in hells chance of the bill not passing. Even if 30 Tory MP’s and the rest of the commons vote against it, it will still sail through.

The fact that Starmer has told Labour to vote for it basically guarantees its passage.
This is what irritates me with Starmer and his "sit on the fence" attitude, or calls for his party to abstain on certain votes; but now declares that this particular Vote should get the support of Labour.

I just don't know what he wants from Labour