Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
This is fascinating reading german papers and the comments that are saying the covid vaccine is a benefit of less bureaucracy

No matter what side you're on there are benefits to be had, whether they can be relized realised is another question all together!

I think this would be the German alternative to the times if you had to match it with a British paper

1611752868451.png

1611752836184.png

Reactions: 1

monga

VIP Member
People had a go at out government widening the gap between the two Pfizer doses but now France have copied us by saying they will do the same and I bet they won't be our only European friend to follow our lead.

But there's nothing been proven from the vaccines never mind the dosage, it's a wait and see what happens .

Romy

VIP Member
I was wondering why Sainsbury’s was looking bare today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55586246
The covid situation doesn't help either

People had a go at out government widening the gap between the two Pfizer doses but now France have copied us by saying they will do the same and I bet they won't be our only European friend to follow our lead.

France just does that because they are very late in the setting up compared to the other countries. It is an internal thing.
Denmark does it too, so more people receives the protection of the first dose.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
What will the alternative be now do you think? A pathetic cop out by the government imo.
Well we know Poots stance on it if the Unionists don’t want it it’s going to be very difficult for them , Frost is front page news today
76F72C1C-E7DD-4240-BDAD-08F5A6EE49C9.jpeg

haveuseenmyfriendbert

So who do you think will be more pleased by the Agreement - Remainers or Leavers?
The only parties I can see who will benefit are those who want, and will now likely get, Scottish independence, Welsh independence and a step closer to a United Ireland.

Ah, Brexit. One of the final nails in the "United Kingdom." Every cloud and all that..
As no one can deny that it has damaged the UK beyond repair..not that we were really "united" to start with.
The fact Scotland is being dragged out has pissed many of us off, and I will admit that I am sad that Brexit went ahead and people voted the way they did. They were foolish to believe the lies from the likes of Farage (seriously, when you think people can't get any stupider) and Boris..Well, need i say more?

Of course many others voted with their racist heads on and they were voting to leave the EU regardless, least said about those types of people, the better.

Only now are some of the morons are realising and complaining about what they are losing, pity they didn't think of that before. Too little too late, I'm afraid. Maybe if they had really thought then things may have been different, who knows. They swallowed up the lies Farage and Johnson fed them. (Johnson, whose father is now applying for French Citizenship..you couldn't make it up!)

The racists among the voters were never going to change their views, a lost cause some could say.

Now, here we are.
Crossed over with ur post but agree on it all 👌🏼

monga

VIP Member
Again it's a different scenario for the UK and NI .I think it wouldn't be so bad if things were on an even keel it's always so up in the air when you're the middle ground between two countries .I'm not sure on the ROI stand on all this.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I think Boris will see us right in the end, even if it does take a bit of time.

I've already noticed some items are no longer available on the shelves but just buy an alternative.

Yel

Chatty Member
It was funny seeing Theresa claim she was working with them long before Arlene had actually signed off. She had no idea fighting for every penny was what the DUP are best at :LOL:

With the current polls and labour slipping a few points this week I don't the tories care much for the DUP. BJ won't fight another election and KS is getting worse and worse the longer he's labour leader so hopefully he'll be swapped out for someone more credible in time for the next general election.

Meh

Chatty Member
Although I think the labour MPs that were in brexit voting constituencies should have got Mrs May's deal passed for the first part of withdrawal and not kept up the uncertainty.

I don't understand why the UK gov isn't making a bigger deal of the 22+ trading agreements they've already got in place?
Why should the Conservative government failing to agree a deal that was palatable to their own party be put back onto Labour MPs? I don’t typically vote for either of their parties but I don’t think it’s fair to lump this on Labour.

May’s team should have negotiated a deal they could deliver and clearly they couldn’t, as their own party blocked it time and time again. Even Tory MPs in brexit constituencies. May’s secretive nature and freezing out her party was a major issue.

That’s a fair point, I would have thought they would be screaming about the trade deals they have agreed. Perhaps they think it would be roundly mocked/attacked as a distraction by the opposition and media? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do hope a deal can still be reached but it is looking unlikely now.

Romy

VIP Member
Maybe they didn’t want to leave their child behind to go off and enjoy themselves?
Yes I read too fast. I thought she wanted them to go and join them later (I would do the same) and airport staff didn't give them time enough and kicked them from the airport.

Screenshot_20220730-213451_Chrome.jpg

• Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’ve found him interesting to watch the past year.... he voices his opinion but never goes deeper than yes / no opinions. Like if he disagrees he never says what he thinks should happen etc. or what he’d do. He just doesn’t give me much confidence as a leader.

Although after finding out more about his past with CPS and a few famous cases my opinion on him changed anyways but I still respect him as a leader position just right now he’s not giving me anything!
Are you referring to the ludicrous allegations about him and Savile? If so you do realise this is all nonsense made up by far right nutters on Twitter to discredit him?

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
No, I just think CPS is not great at handling a lot of top cases or most cases in fact. Time and time again people get leanient sentences for serious crimes, you’d get more for not paying your TV licence. So to know he had involvement in the decisions behind CPS, doesn’t give me much faith... anywho this Is all off topic - as your were haha!
The sentences that can be passed are due to the government, they are the ones that set the minimum and maximum tariffs. The judges and magistrates pass the actual sentence, nothing to do with the cps.

monga

VIP Member
Probably a mistake somewhere in the setup, I don't think it means Brtish exporters are fucked :LOL: in fact if it's sold or fulfilled by amazon they could be 20% cheaper:

Many Amazon UK Orders Under €22 Are Now Cheaper For Irish Shoppers
This section only applies to items SOLD by or Fulfilled By Amazon

VAT Exemption on Imports

Since Jan 1st 2021 , any package delivered from the UK to Ireland that has a value less than €22 (including delivery charges) , is exempt from Irish import VAT.
This means that on packages under €22 that are liable for UK VAT – Irish shoppers using Amazon UK should see a 20% price reduction on many orders (depending on the seller). Books are VAT free inboth countries and will not change.

more - https://www.moneyguideireland.com/buying-from-amazon-uk-after-brexit.html

It's a complicated picture; brexiters saying everything is amazing and remainers are saying everything is fucked. Truth is probably somewhere between the two. Time will tell
Will this be the case past April when it changes again ? the North have already seen invest NI lose a massive amount of investment .

Reverend

VIP Member
Yep the shit show will definitely be extended into next year.
Johnson, the bullshitter extraordinaire, will announce 'Today, the EU beaten and defeated by my tremendous negotiating skills'.

In a few months, all the ERG types, and Johnson himself, will be acting aghast at some of the stuff the wiley EU 'tricked' them into signing up to. But hopefully by then it will be effectively too late to backtrack.