Brenda’s Bits

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if it’s that Brenda is so self involved or that she’s an addict (or one causes the other) but in that half hour episode I genuinely think Julie spoke once. Brenda spoke about herself non stop about herself for half an hour.

Having spent more than enough time in my life with rooms where people are ‘social media people’ who love to talk about themselves, this is a difficult listen.
I thought that also and she loves bigging herself up, I got front page of the paper with my article when Neil's wife gave me a job, I got promoted to duties in the rehab, I had the keys to the priests wine, I did an amazing vox pop on my first day.... Notice how she said she wasn't prepared to pay for rehab only the €150 a week

Reactions: 2
I had a search through my old messages. I texted someone after the event to say that Brenda was drunk from the beginning of the event. She fell as well as wetting herself. There were movies playing and she was falling asleep and yawning. She was put in a taxi about half way through the night. It was Paul B who says Brenda's gone to an AA meeting. He pointed to her champagne bottle on the table where she had been and said the bottle is doing the talking instead.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Ouch. Didn’t realise it was half way through. I assumed it was after. That means it was noticeable she was gone to everyone as opposed to someone just slipping home early. Quite the state of affairs that she fell and she wet herself during the actual event

I had a search through my old messages. I texted someone after the event to say that Brenda was drunk from the beginning of the event. She fell as well as wetting herself. There were movies playing and she was falling asleep and yawning. She was put in a taxi about half way through the night. It was Paul B who says Brenda's gone to an AA meeting. He pointed to her champagne bottle on the table where she had been and said the bottle is doing the talking instead.
Am I the only one who thinks he didn’t do anything wrong? He made light of the situation with a joke to take the heat off her and she’s making him out to be the bad guy rather than accepting it was herself at fault for being in the situation in The first place. She obviously made a holy show of herself and it was clear to everyone she was off her head so he made a joke. What else is he supposed to do in the situation?

Reactions: 9
Am I the only one who thinks he didn’t do anything wrong? He made light of the situation with a joke to take the heat off her and she’s making him out to be the bad guy rather than accepting it was herself at fault for being in the situation in The first place. She obviously made a holy show of herself and it was clear to everyone she was off her head so he made a joke. What else is he supposed to do in the situation?
On the night what he said didn't seem too bad. She was in an awful state and ASD parents and families had put a lot of effort and time into making some short movies she was in no fit state to judge. She had been hyped up a bit beforehand as one of the judges. I felt the need to clarify it wasn't Trevor but was Paul once I checked my old messages.

Yeah I don’t think it was that bad but probably for her because she was an alcoholic the truth hit too close to home.

Anyone else listening to 96fm? PJ clearly doubts the ‘spiking’ story at the all Ireland as well and she’s climbed back down from those claims

I don't think he did anything wrong either, he was probably caught out when she was brought home and had to think fast and the easiest thing to do was make light of the situation to the crowd. I'm sure he didn't know about her addiction at the time. But I will say that if her story is true then fair fucks to her for sorting her life out and coming so far. I wouldn't be a fan of her or Julie but addiction is a horrible disease and one that many don't come back from so I would commend anyone who comes through it. Even if she is a melt 😂

Yeah I don’t think it was that bad but probably for her because she was an alcoholic the truth hit too close to home.

Anyone else listening to 96fm? PJ clearly doubts the ‘spiking’ story at the all Ireland as well and she’s climbed back down from those claims
The spiking story is suspicious only because her condition at the match was her deciding factor in getting help and going to rehab, you’re not going to head to rehab just because you were spiked for the all Ireland match.

The spiking story is suspicious only because her condition at the match was her deciding factor in getting help and going to rehab, you’re not going to head to rehab just because you were spiked for the all Ireland match.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Remember the boys she used record on Snapchat in the car. Sure she was great craic in her own mind. Pure attention seeker she is

Reactions: 1
Remember the boys she used record on Snapchat in the car. Sure she was great craic in her own mind. Pure attention seeker she is
And she used to record people in the car park of the red fm studios too. And the lads in tesco and aldi. It was humiliating for them

And she used to record people in the car park of the red fm studios too. And the lads in tesco and aldi. It was humiliating for them
She's the same now she records lads in shops in London, even the market traders she records them and shouts at them every time she passes them. She's not one bit funny but obviously thinks her content is hilarious

Reactions: 7
I watched the clips on Facebook of her talking to both PJ Coogan and Neil Prenderville....both times her voice starts breaking but no tears!!!

I dont know the eyes tell a lot as they say.

Reactions: 4
I remember a few months ago she said people asked about why she didn’t drink and she said that’s for another day. Surely if her reason was to help even one person she could have told her story then…

I do think fair play to her for becoming sober. Its not easy and sharing publicly is also difficult.

But the cynic in me says this is their way of erasing all the tit of being dumped by go loud, of the tit show of the live shows and relaunching their podcast. And Brenda loves the limelight so going public with her story would give her a wide on.

Reactions: 9