Bowelbabe #3 What won’t Bowelbabe sell next?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does my head in with all the brand ambassador shite she pedals. So the list of brands I won’t buy from expands:
Batsiste
Scamp and dude
Sweaty Betty
Florence Fred

Is there anywhere I can shop without an influencer being given a brand to flog.

No others to add from me though interestingly I saw an ad on IG the other day that said you won't see our product spoken about by an influencer. Obliviously hinting that they don't give free things away to be flogged.

I thought a very clever marketing view. Though not that clever as now I cant remember the company! 🤣 But I thought respect to them!

I refuse to even try this - the amount of influencers trying to flog it with their ‘exclusive’ codes… 🙄
And exactly why I will not ever buy it! I feel like we should play a game of Wild deodorant bingo (same with that flower subscription company) who next will appear with their special code? 🙄

Reactions: 6
She’s booked up to do something in June time, so either she is just hoping she will be okay to do it or the Drs have told her she will be? This is what I genuinely don’t understand, she’s clearly very unwell yet seems to plan for months to come. It may be a coping mechanism for her.🤷‍♀️
As someone living with cancer, it is a coping mechanism, went through years of being afraid to book anything in advance, whereas now I just do it and if I take I’ll so be it

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Lizzie England posted about waiting for scan results, she has to wait two weeks!! Not getting the results within 24hr like Deborah. That surely takes such a toll on your mental health which let’s face it is already dealing with a lot!

Reactions: 9
Lizzie England posted about waiting for scan results, she has to wait two weeks!! Not getting the results within 24hr like Deborah. That surely takes such a toll on your mental health which let’s face it is already dealing with a lot!

Current reality of the NHS is that a friend of mine had a scan and was told the next day they had cancer. Then there was a 10 day wait (10 days!!) to see a consultant/talk about treatment options.

That was a long 10 days I can tell you.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Current reality of the NHS is that a friend of mine had a scan and was told the next day they had cancer. Then there was a 10 day wait (10 days!!) to see a consultant/talk about treatment options.

I am due my 3 monthly scan next week have it Monday have to wait 1 week to see Dr. That’s the reality of the NHS not immediate results. I know that I am lucky to get it this quickly but that’s because I’m on a clinical trial so the visits are at set times so scans must be available to make sure I’m still eligible.

• Heart

Our hospital( Wales) has a chronic shortage of radiologists who report the scans ....they outsource the reporting to Australia!
then if radiotherapy is required, there's often a long wait for this , again because of the shortage of staff to operate the equipment
There are no private facilities in N Wales for cancer patients ( other than maybe seeing your surgeon privately in Chester or Manchester)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

And then often another wait of around at least two weeks to get started on those treatment options.
The whole fast track thing that allows patients to be seen or scanned within two weeks of referral, masks the reality of the fact that it can be up to 6 weeks before a patient receives any treatment. There can be 4 or 5 weeks of agonising fear and worry between the first visit to a GP and confirmation that you have the disease (sorry; still can’t bring myself to write the “C” word as it upsets me so much)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
No others to add from me though interestingly I saw an ad on IG the other day that said you won't see our product spoken about by an influencer. Obliviously hinting that they don't give free things away to be flogged.

I thought a very clever marketing view. Though not that clever as now I cant remember the company! 🤣 But I thought respect to them!

And exactly why I will not ever buy it! I feel like we should play a game of Wild deodorant bingo (same with that flower subscription company) who next will appear with their special code? 🙄
My money's on Ladbaby Mum next. All of the Geordie Shore lot if they haven't already. Tired & Tested (she might have already?) And who the duck wants their armpits to smell of rhubarb or strawberries & cream/the other weird scents they do?!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
And then often another wait of around at least two weeks to get started on those treatment options.
The whole fast track thing that allows patients to be seen or scanned within two weeks of referral, masks the reality of the fact that it can be up to 6 weeks before a patient receives any treatment. There can be 4 or 5 weeks of agonising fear and worry between the first visit to a GP and confirmation that you have the disease (sorry; still can’t bring myself to write the “C” word as it upsets me so much)
This is why Deborah infuriates me with her saying I had my scan and then results within 24hr, not being clear she is private. Not because she is a private patient but because she isn’t clear about it and the fact for the NHS that isn’t the case and considering she is an ambassador of Bowel Cancer she should be aware of how it works in the NHS. It would be so informative to compare, for her to openly talk about it.

Reactions: 16
Why does BB feel the need to post she’s ‘Out of it’ honestly does the woman have no filter.
This is why Deborah infuriates me with her saying I had my scan and then results within 24hr, not being clear she is private. Not because she is a private patient but because she isn’t clear about it and the fact for the NHS that isn’t the case and considering she is an ambassador of Bowel Cancer she should be aware of how it works in the NHS. It would be so informative to compare, for her to openly talk about it.
and even today she is talking about scans and immediate results for treatment completely unrealistic for the average cancer patient in the NHS. Also BB talking about IV antibiotics at home this again is special to her, as a nurse this isn’t something we would advocate with patients so she is again getting special treatment and misleading those following her into thinking this is the norm- it’s really not!!

Reactions: 7
I guess it is normal for BB though instant scan results etc - I think the point is she puts everything on Instagram. So to her maybe she’s just naïve to it all as even though for some it’s not obvious, she has stated she has private care, it’s even on her bowel cancer UK blog she wrote ‘I was lucky enough to pay for a private consultation’. I think she probably has said it quite a bit but doesn’t say it a lot anymore which is probably why it seems she’s not clear. I knew she had private because I watched a documentary she did about kickasskell and the pandemic. It made me get private treatment as what happened to Kelly was just awful 😢

It’s interesting to read it actually the blog she wrote for bowel cancer uk- it makes a lot of her behaviour make sense, and delves a bit deeper into who she is as a person.

Reactions: 2
Why does BB feel the need to post she’s ‘Out of it’ honestly does the woman have no filter.

and even today she is talking about scans and immediate results for treatment completely unrealistic for the average cancer patient in the NHS. Also BB talking about IV antibiotics at home this again is special to her, as a nurse this isn’t something we would advocate with patients so she is again getting special treatment and misleading those following her into thinking this is the norm- it’s really not!!
Some parts of the country do have a home IV team. In may area we do and if patients are well enough to have IV antibiotics at home they can - all NHS

I think from her stories tonight she has been reading here - addressing why she works

Reactions: 9
She is looking very frail at the moment - obviously she has lost alot of weight due to recent health scares and treatments. She is obviously reading here as she has talked about working whilst having cancer. The story showing her having meetings during treatment and her saying she has new deals coming up blows my mind to be honest. I don’t know how she does it.

Reactions: 14
I felt quite sad watching her stories tonight. I just thought she must be quite lonely at times. I hadn't realised her daughter is away at school, an hour away. That must add a whole other level of emotion for both her and her children.

I felt quite sad watching her stories tonight. I just thought she must be quite lonely at times. I hadn't realised her daughter is away at school, an hour away. That must add a whole other level of emotion for both her and her children.
I mean, kinda happens when you send your kids to boarding school? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Her work ethic and sheer determination I think really showed through in her latest stories. I don’t like the amount of Ads on any influencers page as I didn’t sign up to Instagram as a selling site, but Deborah’s determination to keep living is admirable.

I saw a reel she did about dancing with her son. The dancing she said was originally done when she went through her first chemo at home to help her kids and her cope with it all. It’s why she dances it’s a coping method.

Yes, it seems that both children have moved to boarding at 13 and 11. I wonder if this is in part to help them transition to a different future. lots of people comment that if they were ill they would be spending all their time with their kids but I’ve often thought that this might not always be the best thing for the children themselves. Nigella Lawson once said that her first husband who died from cancer many years ago after documenting it in a weekly column with The Times, withdrew from family life when he was ill and made a comment that the children’s life (although they were very small so not quite the same) didn’t change much once he had gone because he wasn’t always that present day to day. She may be putting in place coping strategies for them. Boarding schools are very busy environments with pretty much every moment of the day accounted for and obviously no one there sees their parents every day. In her position I can see how she might feel that this is better for them than to be at home and permanently confronted by her situation.

Reactions: 18
I mean, kinda happens when you send your kids to boarding school? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sure. But it doesn't mean it was easy to come to terms with for her. I think she went to a regular comp in Woking and taught at a state school. Her husband's family are I suspect boarders. Perhaps they thought it would give the children some stability thro8gh this time, and beyond, which is in a way quite selfless I think because I'm sure there are plenty of moments when she wishes they were home, although the holidays will be long. I'm just saying it must be a mix of emotions.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I reckon it was always the plan to have them at boarding school. Even if Deborah had never got ill, she and her husband would have intended to work long hours and not be at home that much, I’m sure.

Reactions: 3
Yes, it seems that both children have moved to boarding at 13 and 11. I wonder if this is in part to help them transition to a different future. lots of people comment that if they were ill they would be spending all their time with their kids but I’ve often thought that this might not always be the best thing for the children themselves. Nigella Lawson once said that her first husband who died from cancer many years ago after documenting it in a weekly column with The Times, withdrew from family life when he was ill and made a comment that the children’s life (although they were very small so not quite the same) didn’t change much once he had gone because he wasn’t always that present day to day. She may be putting in place coping strategies for them. Boarding schools are very busy environments with pretty much every moment of the day accounted for and obviously no one there sees their parents every day. In her position I can see how she might feel that this is better for them than to be at home and permanently confronted by her situation.
I agree. Otherwise her illness could overshadow their childhoods. They need happy time too other than just seeing Mum being ill. A friend of mine had her granddad live with them when she was growing up and he died of cancer. The treatment and terminal stage lasted several years and, of course, she wanted to spend time with him and it's their duty but she does admit many of her childhood memories are of not being allowed to make any noise as granddad was sleeping, not being allowed to have friends over or be able to plan ahead and a sense of sadness about the place all the time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.