Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Is the underarm Botox worth it? I've been using Driclor for like 8 years which has helped some but it can be a bit hit and miss. I read that sometimes people are able to get Botox for hyperhidrosis on the NHS although I'm not sure if it's widely available. I'll probably get Miradry at some point (laser treatment that's essentially a permanent cure for underarm hyperhidrosis) although it costs like £1500 - but you only really need 1 or 2 treatment and that's you done forever.
It didn’t make much difference for me personally, not long term anyway. I had one lot and was told I’d need a top up after about 2 weeks, but the lady went on holiday so I didn’t have it until 3 weeks. I don’t know how much difference that made to anything, she said it wouldn’t have mattered too much and that it would still work. I noticed a bit of a difference for about 3 months, it didn’t stop me sweating completely but it was a little bit less. But that was all, since then it’s been as bad as it was before.

I didn’t get it on the NHS either, I paid for it. It cost me £390 which is why I haven’t tried it again since, it’s too much money for me to justify when it didn’t work!

I’ve never heard or Miradry though, I didn’t know something like that existed! £1500 is a lot but if it stops it permanently it sounds like it would be worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

ispywithmylittleeye59

I'm 28 and think I'm going to get botox in the next few months for the first time!

I'm second my second lot of lip filler at the end of the month. I've wanted botox for ages!
How long would you lot say I would need it topping up at my age?
I’m 28 too and I want Botox inbetween my eyebrows. Not sure if they would do the whole forehead though - I don’t have deep lines but I can see 1 annoying fine line that bugs me
Another 28 year old booking in for Botox in a few months! 🙋🏻‍♀️

I had initially thought I would just in between my eyebrows done (think this is called the 11s??) but after reading here I guess I’ll book in for the forehead too!

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
Yes... There are so many people "qualified" now to do Botox who aren't properly trained on facial structure. People go to them though as they are "cheap." I would never cheap out when it comes to my face
Especially when you see the practioner’s face 😐

• Haha

Kitty4321

I’m not religious but Botox is my god 🤣🙌🏻🙌🏻 I like the frozen forehead / unapproachable look to be honest but can be done more naturally!

In regards to how long it lasts depends on your metabolism etc but if you had a bug event coming up you wanted it for I’d get it 4 weeks before then go for the top up 2 weeks after xx

Mamacita

VIP Member
thank you for your help!

I spoke to my injector, she’s a doctor and I really trust her. She said my lines aren’t pronounced at all, and to wait at least a few years and then think about it. She uses a veryyyy small amount for baby tox anyway. I think I’m just obsessed with not aging 😂
If you just have normal wrinkles that happen when moving your face then I'd definitely wait. I got Botox first time at 30 and already had a very annoying forehead line at that point. 24 is way too young imo

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
Yes sorry should have said - I meant there are different brands of botox. A lady I went to years ago (who with hindsight really wasn’t very good) used only one type which gave a very stark mask-like appearance. It was only when I changed practitioners that my new one explained that they vary.
Azzalure works better on me than botox. There are other brands too like boccouture. They seem to work on different people - it’s not always a crap injector.

ShondyLife

Chatty Member
I have botox regularly and filler. I love botox, it completely changes your face and makes you looks less tired.

When I first got some in my forehead it felt like I had a block of wood in my head for a few days, it was such a weird sensation 🥴

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
I think and eyebrow 'lift' can be given when administering botox. My doc has asked me would I like one... I don't really know what it evolves so I just decline but you could look into it. I've never noticed mine drooping after treatment.
I always ask for a little lift when I get my Botox as my eyes are becoming more hooded as I get older and it really helps. You have to keep a little bit of movement with a lift too which is good because you don’t end up with that frozen look.

Dizzy

VIP Member
Yes the body breaks it down over time hence the need for more if you want to maintain the effect.

Reactions: 1

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
I got Botox on Tuesday and legit can’t see any difference in my face at all yet 😂 got forehead, frown lines and crows eye but she said she’d do a small amount and then would do more on my follow up app in two weeks. Is this normal?! I know it’s 14 days to be fully effective but I thought I’d see some change by now?
Nah you’ll start to notice someone after maybe 7 days. Don’t worry.

Bluetomato

I just booked my consultation today but it's not until June :( what area did you get done?
I got forehead, frown lines and crows feet. I had a check up after 2 weeks and needed a little more as I have quite a prominent forehead and it needed tweaking 😂

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Ohh, a couple of my friends have had Profhilo and their skin glowwws 😍😍

I’ve been meaning to but haven’t gotten round to it yet. I don’t have Botox but my skin could deffo do with a boost in other ways. I have bad under eye hollows. Am weighing up whether to have filler in there (not really keen on needing to keep doing it though), skin booster or fat transfer.
My friend had under eye filler and it looked AMAZING. Tbh I would benefit from it too but I’m a bit squeamish with eyes / eye area.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Have you had it? Do you get it regularly? Any regrets?
Considering having botox on the fine lines on my forehead. Possibly a very small enhancement to my lips as well. More worried about the lip as I really don't want to end up with a mouth like Daffy Duck. All advice welcome!
Thank you for starting this thread. I have ummed and ahhed about it for ages. I think I have decided to go for it whenever COVID restrictions lift. Originally I only wanted it for my crow's feet, but noticing more lines on my forehead 🙄

• Heart

VanessaL

Hi. Could someone recommend a Botox injector in Manchester? Or nearby. It must be at least a nurse, just a personal preference. Oh and please don’t recommend CC I have a feeling they don’t like me 😂😂😂

Thank you, I agree, I hoped it would help my self-esteem but my husband is worried it will be the start of a slippery slope and I'll end up looking like Katie Price or something! I do like my face but as I approach 40 this year I am noticing my age and it gets me down :(
Honestly, it won’t necessarily be a slippery slope. I was really excited browsing through treatments and making plans etc. Then I went and got my eyebrow lift done. Couple weeks later I went and got my lips done, 1ml. I’m 44 and it was first time in my life I was getting something done but tbh until now I was getting away with it 😂
So there I was thinking I’d be hooked up and nope. I’m not. I got what I wanted, especially my lips because I wanted them for a while now and that’s it. I know I need to rebook for eyebrows regularly but that’s it.
Id just second the others, research carefully your injector, stay away from Instagram, see a medical professional only. You’ll pay more but trust me when I was there having them With those needles all I could think was “wow this is not a silly facial this is a proper procedure!” Choose the filler you want. I paid a bit more but I have a filler that will last around 12 months, maybe a bit longer. So it’s worth it.
Most importantly: I love my lips. The change is extremely subtle. No one in my family noticed and trust me they notice everything 😂

Last edited:
I was 36 when I first had it done. That was last year.
It’s 15 weeks (yep, I just counted 😄) since I last had 3 areas done and my it’s always my forehead lines that come back first. Not so much my crows feet or when I scowl. This sounds ridiculous, but I’ve stopped exercising as much, eg planking, as I’m worried that constantly looking upwards/raising my eyebrows brings my forehead lines back quicker 🫣

• Haha

Mamacita

VIP Member
Thanks! I’ve read it can take 4-6 weeks to come into effect so you may see more in the near future!
Yes I guess the muscle needs time to get smaller-we'll see how it goes I guess!

Was this your first lot of Botox? I had my first lot in April and it started wearing off after 6 weeks - I contacted my clinic who did a top up. I’m going for another lot tomorrow. I think for the first time you have Botox they don’t put too much in - as you can put it in but not take it out! I obviously need a lot 😂
Yes that was the first time I got it. That's interesting. I don't really fancy going back to where I got it as its a bit away from me 😭 I'll see how it gets on the next couple weeks. Though I feel like botox might not last too long for me, I think i have quite a fast metabolism when it comes to things like that 😭

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
Anyone got any tips on how to make your botox last longer? I only had my last round on Jan 31st and it's already worn off quite significantly :( I love the results but I just can't afford doing it every 2 months (even if I could I wouldn't justify it tbh) and I hate being without it now!
Perhaps try different brands? Azzalure lasts far longer than Allergan Botox on me (although it’s the other way round for most people). Avoid sunbeds.