Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TJ90

VIP Member
Thank you Columbo for starting this thread. I'm considering it too, more in terms of preventative botox. I'd be curious to find out from those who get botox, at what age did you first get it?
21. I didn’t like having moment in my face

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Ninetiesbitxh

Did you get over that feeling now, do you get used to having a plank of wood on your forehead 😂 ngl bit worried about this 😂
I’m a bit over thinker and I think the more it played on my mind, the worse it felt. After about 2-3 days it had definitely subsided. About a week after it had completely gone, and now a few weeks later I really don’t notice it at all x

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
I'm 28 and think I'm going to get botox in the next few months for the first time!

I'm second my second lot of lip filler at the end of the month. I've wanted botox for ages!
How long would you lot say I would need it topping up at my age?

Keikochan

VIP Member
I got botox and lip filler done for the 1st time in November last year. I'm 30.
I don't have wrinkles on my forehead but I do have those 11s line when I frown and I hate it! So I got the botox there. I can still frown but it is a lot less. I would love to just not be able to move my face at all though so I am thinking end of this year I'll get 3 spots of botox done, on the 11s, upper forehead and also the sides of my eyes.
I got 1ml of lip filler (don't remember the name). My lips were just a bit thin and I wanted them plumper and I also hoped it would balance out my nose. My nose isn't terrible but is slightly big compared to my lips. The lip filler totally balanced out my whole face and I am so so happy! I'm very tempted to go for 2 ml next time as I think it will look great.
The first time for me was really to test the waters and I super happy with the results!
I did research on places around me and the place I decided on had great reviews, a doctor did the injections (she was super nice too, very reassuring), and prices were inline with industry standards.
I've always told myself that I would get injections when I got older and I'm really glad I did. I feel this is going to be a yearly treat to myself.

• Heart

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Yep. I love it. Was 32 when first started getting it. Just wakes you up a bit. If you hate it, it wears off in a few months and you’ll not have to get it done again.

ginger tea

Chatty Member
Ah feck I do think it was my own fault for not going back. But I ended up on the wrong side of the country. I also have very powerful forehead muscles and a very expressive face so she did warn me not to expect it to last too long. But I figured that meant three months rather than six

Thanks all!

I do believe that the more you get it done, the less often you need to do it? or is that just filler?
If it was your first time they tend not to put to much in

Hope77

I’m starting to consider it for forehead lines... is it one of those things where you HAVE to keep having it once you start?
Yes, in that it will wear off...though it should last longer the more you've had it....plus you want that 'look' so in that sense you do miss it when its worn off!

Has anyone had tear trough filler? Looks amazing...I always look permanently knackered no matter how much sleep I have.

Thank you Columbo for starting this thread. I'm considering it too, more in terms of preventative botox. I'd be curious to find out from those who get botox, at what age did you first get it?
41 (Im 44 now) but tbh it wasn't as readily available where I live until the last few years.

latranla

Im slightly disappointed with mine I was told my foreheard line would go completely however after a second dose it’s still visible to me under light / in day lights etc .

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
Botox is actually incredible if you go somewhere decent. It’s super subtle and is the ultimate glow up!!! I go once a year and have it in the top of my forehead and in between my eyes. I go to a place on Harley street that was recommended as one of the best in London. It isn’t cheap but I didn’t want a cheap fix if something was going into my face for a year. I have literally no regrets and would recommend it to anyone. Also if you go to a good place they won’t let you go too far, they’ll usually start with a small bit and see how you feel about it! X
Can you disclose the name of the place please?

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I love Botox! Just always make sure you go to someone who knows the structure of the face- I go to a dentist and Iv always been 100% satisfied! I just have it done on my forehead and now I’m pregnant I’m really missing it and can see a difference.
Some people go overboard and I hate that unnatural look. Iv also made the mistake of having fillers before- in my tear toughs, cheeks, chin and lips but I regret it now. I’d never have fillers again. But I will 100% carry on with Botox!!!

Whatever you chose just go to someone who knows their stuff! And don’t ever go for the cheapest! But personally I love it xx

• Heart

Kitty4321

Anyone had fat dissolving injections anywhere?
I’m trained in them what area were you thinking of having done? Depending on how much fat you generally get the best results with 2 rounds. It’s pretty quick but most people say it’s a bit painful and feels a bit itchy? It causes the fat to turn to liquid which you basically just wee out. The more water you drink the better the results. You can get fat back in the area it doesn’t completely get rid of the fat pockets! So with everything obviously recommend a healthy diet etc and like I say drink soo much water for the best results. Can remain swollen for up to 2 weeks so bare in mind that when planning it or any social occasions etc!
Have seen some really fab results from it xx

• Heart

Jane Tee

VIP Member
I see a doctor as well who is gmc registered with a masters in aesthetic medicine etc. I pay £250 for 1ml, the girl who I work with pays £90 for 0.5ml, but her lip looks like a sausage. The white part of her lip bulges and looks awful.
I won’t lie, though, the temptation is hard to resist to go cheaper.
I pay £450. Dr does it. Vobella. Iirc. Lasts months and is worth every penny. Looks so natural. 1ml.

Bluetomato

Thanks for starting this thread, I’ve been thinking about Botox for some time and am now researching clinics in my area. The cost for 3 areas in my local area (South East) is £275-£300.

I was 35 when I got my first botox, it was more a curiosity thing as the lady that does my lips was doing a special offer on botox when you get lip fillers, I thought why not try it as I was getting a top up on my lips. The difference is crazy when she showed me the before and after of me wrinkling my forehead 😂 I think it's mosrly worn off now but I'd definitely get it again!

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
So like I said, I am booked in for my consultation in a few weeks and am excited but also a little nervous.
Has anyone else on here had "baby" Botox - so you can still make expressions but lines are much softer? I think that's the look I am wanting.
How were you after the treatment? Any bruising? I know you can't exercise for 24 hrs or so after.

also did family notice you got botox?
That’s what I wanted but then after I had it the movement still annoyed me and looked a bit weird (this may have been down to the dr though!). So I went back and got more done so I was completely frozen. Looking back I should have just stick to the mild botox but it’s hard to tell when you’re looking at your own face at the time! I had minimal bruising, maybe one very small yellow bruise that was easily covered. Took about a week to set in and you feel some tingling but it’s not unpleasant. You’ll also get an urge to raise your eyebrows everytime you go past a mirror to see if you can still do it 🤨.

Nobody noticed (that I know of!), at the time I only told my 2 best friends and my boyfriend. Since it’s worn off I’ve gone and blabbed it to everyone and they said they didn’t have a clue and were trying to work out when I’d had it to look at pictures and see if I looked different. I notice it slightly in some seflies but I don’t think it was noticeable IRL really

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I saw some effects instantly and then by a week or so completely felt it. I did need a top up on one side of my frown lines though. I got 30 units in my frown lines which I think would be a lot for most people but mine are very strong muscles 🙃
I also have v strong muscles! Only on my face tho - typical!!

catscradle

I have been getting my lips done for the past 4 years - I get them done just once a year with 1ml at a cost of £200-250. It's been so worth it tbh. My lips had always been the one feature I disliked about myself as they were thin and honestly I've never looked back.

I think it's important to have realistic expectations, however. Don't go in thinking that you want to be transformed into a completely different person, it's just an improved version of you. 1ml is generally quite a conservative amount- you're not going to get the overdone Kylie Jenner look from that amount of filler. That being said, it's surprising how even a small amount can actually make such a big improvement. Nobody in my family and very few of my friends know I have them done.

Also make sure you research thoroughly before you book an appointment- I can't overstate this enough. I've found that there are some clinics that very much cater to the "overdone" look which didn't appeal to me but there are many that offer more subtle and natural results.

Lastly, if you really hate your fillers then they can be easily dissolved with hyaluronidase. Also, the filler will be gradually broken down over time - it won't "stretch out" your lips or make them saggy lol. I get Juvederm Volift which lasts for up to 18 months. However, if you've been getting them done for years then it tends to prolong the longevity of them e.g. I haven't had mine done since May 2019 due to Covid but still have some filler left!

I have just booked into Consult clinic in Manchester. I haven’t been before but I will report back! Booked for 21st may. Bit nervous but I’m sure I won’t look back as my forehead lines have been an insecurity for a while now and like people have said on this thread, if I don’t like it it will wear off! Thanks for all these comments on this thread it’s made me feel a lot better about booking, it seems like 28 is a common age to go for it xx
I have just booked into Consult clinic in Manchester. I haven’t been before but I will report back! Booked for 21st may. Bit nervous but I’m sure I won’t look back as my forehead lines have been an insecurity for a while now and like people have said on this thread, if I don’t like it it will wear off! Thanks for all these comments on this thread it’s made me feel a lot better about booking, it seems like 28 is a common age to go for it xx
I would take a read of the consultant clinic thread on here, and reviews on the internet before you go.

I was sucked in by their Instagram and said that they would be the only people I would use, but honestly, they are not as good as their insta would suggest.

I have baby Botox which lasts around 5 months and my filler has lasts around 2 years. X