Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m booked in for my first ever Botox on Tuesday! I had a consultation and it’s with a nurse (who also works in ICU) so I feel I’m in good hands.

Just wondering if anyone knows how common bruising is? And are they bad bruises if it happens? Could I cover it with makeup? I’m meant to be meeting up with a new guy that night (around 7pm ish), appt is at 10:15am. I’ll definitely follow the aftercare instructions of no exercise and staying upright for 4 hours etc, and no alcohol or ibuprofen, but I bruise easily, so I’m worried I’ll look awful afterwards!
Take arnica tablets a few days before. Helps with bruising. When I first had Botox, I had one tiny bruise on my forehead. The next day It was hidden by make up (I waited 24 hours before reapplying make up)

Reactions: 1

Bluetomato

How do you know if you know if you have strong forehead muscles? Genuine question. Is it something you can see visibly? I have deep lines on my forehead. She told me if would take a few sessions to make them less and less visible.
I think because my original Botox wore off so quickly, even with 2 top ups. Plus my lines were quite deep on my forehead (think crinkle cut crisp 😂) I currently have the tiniest bit of movement just above my eyebrows but that’s it 👍🏻👍🏻

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I had my Botox top up a couple days ago and literally noticed results the next day, usually takes way longer. Has anyone had that happen before
Yes, i find mine kicks in very quickly relative to the 10-14 day guidelines. Ususlly around day 3

Jane Tee

VIP Member
Well personally I tell my husband stuff 😂😂 Like I'll just say, right I'm going for my Botox, see you in a bit 🤷‍♀️
I just don't really get why you wouldn't.

Same as 'i'm just going for my eye test '
No one knows i get my lips done.
Except tattle...

Kindred_

VIP Member
Did you have any ibuprofen or aspirin the week leading up to it? Drunk alcohol? Taken vitamins? Decongestants? Can all impact on bleeding and bruising x
Did you have any ibuprofen or aspirin the week leading up to it? Drunk alcohol? Taken vitamins? Decongestants? Can all impact on bleeding and bruising x
Ah I am taking vitamins! That must have been why. Thank you xx

Yolo_polo

I started getting Botox when I was 28 which was 4 years ago and I’ve got it every 6 months since. It’s amazing I couldn’t do without it now. I only get 2 areas done but I go to a great guy who actually refused to do a 3rd area because I didn’t need it and he said it would just be a waste of money. Never had my lips done the thought of a needle going in there freaks me out and I’ve seen some of the bruising my friends have been left with after getting it it looks so painful!

MissTeddy

VIP Member
There are so many tweaks they can do. Botox should always have a follow up appointment for 2 or 3 weeks after the initial procedure.

smurphette

VIP Member
I’m 53 and have had it done for the first time as my daughter is getting married and I just wanted to look a bit fresher for the photos.
I go back on Saturday which is 2 weeks later for a top up.
I may not have it done though as it has sorted the wrinkles on my forehead but it has made my eyelids disappear and the top part all wrinkly so I actually look and feel even worse- gutted !
Getting forehead lines treated can cause eyebrows to droop - do you think that's what happened? I left one injector because he was obsessed with treating my forehead, while I was interested in glabellar (frown) lines and lifting the brow. Maybe they can try to counteract it? Might also improve by itself anyway over the next few weeks. When is the wedding?

Bluetomato

Hi. it’s been 6 weeks since I had my first ever round of Botox in 3 areas. I went back for a follow up 3 weeks latter and she topped it up. I don’t know How many units I was given - should I ask in future? Because I noticed today when I raise my eyebrows, my forehead is no longer as smooth and its crinkling. Then when relaxed, I can now see faint lines from where the crinkling was.
I eat healthy, don’t smoke and rarely drink and have a good skin care regime. I go to the gym a lot and I’m worried that is making it wear off quicker.
The doctor is all for the natural look- which is what I wanted. Just seems a little soon… I’m going back in November for lip fillers 🙈 do I mention it then? I’m 36.
Personally I would ring your clinic and let them know, they may offer another top up.
I had the same thing happen to me. Had my first ever lot, then the top up at 2 weeks. At 6 weeks I noticed I had movement in my forehead so I rang the clinic and they did another top up, then after that they said to leave it and see how long it lasted. I think I got about 3 months out of it in total. When I went back for my next lot, I had azzulure (still Botox but slightly different make up) and it has lasted so much better.

Bluetomato

Do your research when it comes to injectors... don't just cheap out. A good one will know where NOT to apply botox so you do not get droopy eyes.
Facial movement depends on how many units you get... if you still want movement, you tell the injector that and less units will be used.
I wholeheartedly agree with this, definitely do your research when it comes to a clinic/injectors. I could have had it done for cheap by my neighbours friend 😳 but I looked online for local registered clinics, checked their credentials and also reviews. Yes, it may cost more but I just felt better knowing it was done in a professional sterile environment by qualified staff.

Mamacita

VIP Member
I got forehead, frown lines and crows feet. I had a check up after 2 weeks and needed a little more as I have quite a prominent forehead and it needed tweaking 😂
Soo can you still move your face? Just wondering, I would still like to retain some movement but equally want the treatment to do what it should 🤣 I think I'd probably do forehead and frown lines, but I'm not even sure if I'm a good candidate for it as my eyebrows are quite low, heard botox can make this worse 🤔

Columbo

VIP Member
Had my first sprinkling of Botox today (I’m 35) excited to see what happens over the next week.. just had frown line and forehead as those lines have suddenly got a bit deeper and don’t go away anymore. Pretty sure staring at a tiny laptop for a year while wfh hasn’t helped 😬 went to a lady who was an a&e nurse for many years and has been injecting for 20 years so trusted her completely ☺
I'm still to take the plunge, I'd be interested to hear how you get on when it settles. My forehead is the only place I'd have it done atm, I have wrinkles around my eyes too but scared of the thought of a needle coming at my eyes 🙈

penny1992

Chatty Member
That’s an interesting way of charging for it - it’s usually per area or per vial (because it’s prescription only medicine, that vial can only by used on you). But I guess if you have very few units it’s pretty cost effective!
I guess countries must vary. Here in Canada and the USA it's the norm to be charged by the unit. Being charged by the area is less common.
---
I have a little bit of bruising from today. I didn't last time 🫠

I think you'd need to ask the advice of your botox provider. I had surgery last year and wanted some a couple of weeks after however my lady told me to hold off because my body may have reacted in a different way to it. Bodies are strange and wonderful things!

Everyone reacts differently. It can be affected by lifestyle too, alcohol can help break it down quicker which is a total bitch IMO! 😂
🤣 I wouldn’t mind but I barely drink, unfortunately just think I have strong facial muscles

dm2022

Chatty Member
For crinkles and wanting to rejuvenate faces look into skin boosters.

Profhilo, Jalupro, Sunekos are 👌

Alexaj

VIP Member
I would be careful with injecting anything in the lips. I know someone who's had it done and it went hard and lumpy and years later she still sort of has a lump there (sorry not very technical!) and 99% of the time it's super obvious. Even people who haven't had problems stopped because they took so long to settle.

• Heart
I spoke to a dentist qualified in administering Botox about this and she said be very careful, if it's not done properly it can weigh the brow down and make the appearance worse so make sure you go to a reputable practice and to someone highly experienced😁