Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LucilleBluth

I’m not an expert by any means as I’ve only had Botox once! From what I know it relaxes your muscles completely, so if you relax your face and look in the mirror that’s what it will look like and it won’t move... so if your wrinkle is still there it might not completely get rid of it, but it will stop it getting worse and it won’t be more visible when you make expressions (because you won’t be able to 😆)
This was really helpful, thank you! I can still see it - but as you say, the less frowning the better. Also need to learn to sleep on my back to prevent even more wrinkles!

Not everyone doesn't know when to stop with these kinds of procedures & they're great for an enhancement.
This is reassuring as one of the reasons I haven’t done it yet is I don’t trust myself not to become *that* person!

Che Guevara

I’ve had Botox in my forehead, 11s, crows feet and marionette lines. All painless and love the effects, marionette area was so weird to begin with, could barely sip from a straw lol

I’ve also had my lips done but I want more so I’m booked in for Tuesday for another ml. I found have my lips done way more painful than the Botox! I love how I don’t get dry lips anymore though 😍

I’m also going to book in for Botox in my massetter muscle as I clench my teeth a lot in my sleep! Looking forward to that one!

Im 43 and wish I had them done sooner!

Blondie

VIP Member
I chose to have a bit of movement but I think my eyebrows raise is a funny way now at the arches so I think I'm going to get fully frozen next time

Sat in the hairdresser’s chair today and my forehead lines are becoming visible 😭🫣 I didn’t think they were noticeable and was planning on hanging on until close to Xmas to make another appointment. It was April when I last had my 3 areas done.

SoF

I have quite a deep wrinkle running across the curve in my nose between my eyes can Botox help?

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I couldn't find a thread on filler so just putting this here. I got chin filler yesterday in a very highly recommended and expensive clinic. They didn't numb me at all. I almost fainted and it's pretty sore today. Is this standard procedure?

First time over had filler but had Botox a few times.
That does sound odd! I was definitely numbed in some form…

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I try and only go twice a year …I should probably go 3 times but £££
It wears off quickest around my crows feet and between eyebrows- but forehead lasts really well.

Kindred_

VIP Member
Has anyone experienced bad bleeding when they’ve had Botox? Had it done today at a new place and I bled a lot when she was doing my frown lines. As in the blood dripped down my face. This has never happened to me before so I’m terrified 😬

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Well after probably 15 years of getting it, I've stopped having botox! I've started using an LED mask everyday and the condition of my skin has definitely improved. I'm older so it was looking weird to have a smooth area around my eyes and then aged skin elsewhere on my face so I'm concentrating on keeping my skin well hydrated and in as good a condition as possible using a strong retinoid and the mask. I still have fillers on my cheeks every 18 months (thin face) and yesterday I had my smokers lines (I don't smoke, just the way I speak) done for the first time and a tiny bit of filler in my lips. I look comically swollen today and quite sore - really want them to chill out a bit! For me, as I get older I don't want to look "done", I just want to look as well and fresh as possible.

Do you think getting Botox in the first place has prevented lines for you or at least prevented them from getting too deep? I'm contemplating to start getting a tiny bit of Botox in some areas, I know my genes and where I likely will get deeper lines than I want, but like you, I also don't want to look "done" and completely smooth when it doesn't match the rest of my appearance anymore.

smurphette

VIP Member
I would say mine lasts around 4 months before starts to wear off but even when it goes it’s never gone back to how my forehead was pre Botox
I think I get 3-4 months, but like others it varies by location. One guy insisted on lightly treating my forehead even though I said over and over that I wanted frown lines/brow mostly. He did it all lopsided, so it was a relief that it went quickly (had used v low dose). Found that if I did it to frown lines regularly for a year or so, I would weaken muscles enough that I wasn't frowning as much anyway. And the lines themselves would fade away...even disappearing for a couple of years! Find I want it for brow lift more now too, and like to reduce crow's feet...but they seem to come back quickly.
Pretty fast onset though, notice a change within 24hrs for the active movements. Lifting takes longer.

Rubysue123

Chatty Member
I am also 28 and researching Botox. I think this has been discussed the other way around, but does anyone know if you have to have the 11s lines done if you just want the forehand done? I basically have 3/4 strong lines in my forehead that bother me but no 11s lines so wouldn’t want to pay for that area if I
In my experience you have to have 11s done if you want forehead, but not the other way round. Though might depend on the person and where the lines are, I was told an injector shouldn’t ever offer just forehead 🤷‍♀️
thanks this is also what I’ve read! I guess it’s best to book in for a consultation and see what they say xx

Dirtyhorseshoes

VIP Member
Has anyone had Botox when breastfeeding? Or know if it’s safe?
The older sister of a friend of mine told the clinic she was pregnant and they asked he consult her gp and if he said yes they wanted it in writing from him/her. When she saw the gp he said he didn't know whether it was safe or not but erred on the side of caution and declined to give her a letter.

Sorry I meant add she was told the same for breastfeeding too.

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
If I was to go frozen next time, will it wear off and I can go for the more natural look again if I wanted?
You’ll be moving your eyebrows anywhere between 6-8 weeks if you go frozen. It’s at its strongest at about two weeks then gradually wears off after that.

I recently got Botox - in 3 areas- forehead , 11 and my crows feet at the side of my eyes . Now it came into effect after the 2 weeks and my forehead was very smooth . But I did feel as if I was extra wrinkly under my eyes . Like the crows feet improved with the Botox but I looked very wrinkly under my eyes . Like did the Botox push the wrinkles under there ? Also my eyebrows went very arched over the Botox in my forehead . Like very very arched ! Did anyone else experience this ?
I feel like the last time I had Botox (in November) it definitely accentuated my under eye crinkles. I could probably do with with tear trough filler as it’s sunken under my eyes and I have high cheekbone, so when I smile, the eye crinkles are more obvious cos my cheeks go really round and push under my eyes… if you follow??!

Anyway, just had more Botox in 3 areas and 0.5ml of filler in my lips. But concerned my top lip looks wonky… hoping it’s just the swelling.

Rubyroo160

Really pleased with the forehead! I only have lines when I raise at the sides, looks kinda weird lol. Frown lines less so, it's not bad tho I'd just rather it didn't move lol. I have a top up tomos
I’d be interested to know how you get on with your top up, I still have lines at the sides of my forehead too when I raise my eyebrows. I had my top up a week ago and doesn’t seemed to have helped 😩

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
Has anyone experienced it working unevenly or has my practitioner not done a very good job? I had it done two days ago and already one side of my forehead is still but the other, I can raise my eyebrow, so at the moment when I raise my brows, one raises (slightly not fully)! I know it’s only been two days and it takes two weeks to fully work, plus I’m going back for the two week appt so she can obviously even it up then if needed still, but I’m just curious if it’s normal that it is a bit uneven at the moment?
I think it’s perfectly normal. I can always see mines kicking in in stages. Give it a few more days and you’ll start to notice it taking effect more.

101d

VIP Member
How long has botox lasted on you? So I got it in my masseter muscles as I said and I'm sure my smile is wonk now 🙈 Botox lady said I'm very symmetrical but i dunno about that 🤣

I am clenching less though and between my brows is amazing! No more bum head!

LDNtea

VIP Member
I’ve had Botox in my forehead, 11s, crows feet and marionette lines. All painless and love the effects, marionette area was so weird to begin with, could barely sip from a straw lol

I’ve also had my lips done but I want more so I’m booked in for Tuesday for another ml. I found have my lips done way more painful than the Botox! I love how I don’t get dry lips anymore though 😍

I’m also going to book in for Botox in my massetter muscle as I clench my teeth a lot in my sleep! Looking forward to that one!

Im 43 and wish I had them done sooner!
Off topic but love ur username lool

Had botox on my forehead and between eyebrows on Saturday. *patiently waiting for it to do something*
Are you pleased with the results?

My last round was the beginning of November. Definitely need to make another appointment now. My forehead is like a sharpei dog when I raise my eyebrows.