Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

candyland_

VIP Member
I managed to get hold of my doctor (see post above) and they’ve used a different filler for my lips this time. Ive had juvederm previously. It’s not been 24 hours yet, but the swelling is awful. My top lip looks dreadful 😐 I only had 0.5ml like usual.
Did they settle?
I’m having mine done on Friday for the first time and worried about this happening.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Hi. I had more Botox yesterday and lip fillers for the first time. I went for 0.5ml of the volift juvederm. It’s just over 25 hours since and I’ve noticed a lump on the bottom lip on the left hand side? Is this normal? I hope I’ve not done any damage taking my Invisalign in and out 😕 I also kept accidentally sucking water out of a water bottle yesterday 🤦🏼‍♀️
My therapist said its normal for lips to be lumpy for a week or so! So it's probably all fine, mine were pretty lumpy for a few days

gummy-bear

VIP Member
I got Botox on Tuesday and legit can’t see any difference in my face at all yet 😂 got forehead, frown lines and crows eye but she said she’d do a small amount and then would do more on my follow up app in two weeks. Is this normal?! I know it’s 14 days to be fully effective but I thought I’d see some change by now?

I managed to get hold of my doctor (see post above) and they’ve used a different filler for my lips this time. Ive had juvederm previously. It’s not been 24 hours yet, but the swelling is awful. My top lip looks dreadful 😐 I only had 0.5ml like usual.

milkywaymelon

Some places do, some don’t. To be honest, the numbing cream only numbs the surface of the skin so it doesn’t do much, but many fillers have lidocaine in them so it all is quite manageable after the first injection. Sounds like they used a filler without it - did you ask what brand they used?
I think she said teoxane. I didn't get numbing cream and it didn't feel like the filler had a numbing agent in it. I was a bit shocked. She had wanted to do a little more but I couldn't cope with it.

ShondyLife

Chatty Member
Did it stop feeling like that after, I really want to get botox but worried about it annoying me too much 😂
The first few times I had it, I got the wooden head sensation, but it doesn't last long, now after 5 years of regular top ups I don't even notice, apart from a slight initial tightness in my forehead.

I have it injected at the sides of my eyes, the results are incredible.

I also had the fox eyes thread lift, complete waste of money would 100% not recommend.

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
I have been swithering about Botox for my 11s/forehead for a while but decided 2023 is the year I take the plunge!

In the meantime, has anyone ever tried those wrinkle face patches? My work is really busy in January and I know I will be scowling at a screen for 60+ hours a week! Or any tips for not scowling so much 😅

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I was here for this too - was wondering if it's worth getting Botox for clenching.
I had it, I’m not a teeth clencher that I know of but had some swelling in the jaw that they said Botox would help. I noticed a very minor difference and it cost me a fair amount. I haven’t gone back for a top up as I just didn’t think it was worth it. I since had cheek filler to even put my face which was much more effective!

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
I couldn't find a thread on filler so just putting this here. I got chin filler yesterday in a very highly recommended and expensive clinic. They didn't numb me at all. I almost fainted and it's pretty sore today. Is this standard procedure?

First time over had filler but had Botox a few times.
Some places do, some don’t. To be honest, the numbing cream only numbs the surface of the skin so it doesn’t do much, but many fillers have lidocaine in them so it all is quite manageable after the first injection. Sounds like they used a filler without it - did you ask what brand they used?

LDNtea

VIP Member
can t believe i just found this site im so excited haha i have really sunken dark eyes made me so insecure ive heard you can have fillers to help, as anyone had it? xx
I have the same issue you should see ppl reaction to me without makeup I look dead lol. Wished for years there was a procedure for this but now there is I’m too scared to have injections under my eyes if it goes wrong it’s bad!

LDNtea

VIP Member
Ah can anyone recommend a Botox surgeon in London?! I really want my 11 done as the line is suddenly so pronounced

Justnosey100

Chatty Member
Has anyone experienced it working unevenly or has my practitioner not done a very good job? I had it done two days ago and already one side of my forehead is still but the other, I can raise my eyebrow, so at the moment when I raise my brows, one raises (slightly not fully)! I know it’s only been two days and it takes two weeks to fully work, plus I’m going back for the two week appt so she can obviously even it up then if needed still, but I’m just curious if it’s normal that it is a bit uneven at the moment?

tspnwn

Anyone got any tips on how to make your botox last longer? I only had my last round on Jan 31st and it's already worn off quite significantly :( I love the results but I just can't afford doing it every 2 months (even if I could I wouldn't justify it tbh) and I hate being without it now!