Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meehee69

I’m 53 and have had it done for the first time as my daughter is getting married and I just wanted to look a bit fresher for the photos.
I go back on Saturday which is 2 weeks later for a top up.
I may not have it done though as it has sorted the wrinkles on my forehead but it has made my eyelids disappear and the top part all wrinkly so I actually look and feel even worse- gutted !

MrsLucas

VIP Member
I’ve had a long break from Botox 🤰🏼 I’m having my baby next week. I plan on combi feeding baby for the first few weeks but after I will be moving her on to bottle. Would I be able to book in for say a months time does anyone know?

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I am also 28 and researching Botox. I think this has been discussed the other way around, but does anyone know if you have to have the 11s lines done if you just want the forehand done? I basically have 3/4 strong lines in my forehead that bother me but no 11s lines so wouldn’t want to pay for that area if I don’t have to xx
In my experience you have to have 11s done if you want forehead, but not the other way round. Though might depend on the person and where the lines are, I was told an injector shouldn’t ever offer just forehead 🤷‍♀️

catscradle

It didn’t make much difference for me personally, not long term anyway. I had one lot and was told I’d need a top up after about 2 weeks, but the lady went on holiday so I didn’t have it until 3 weeks. I don’t know how much difference that made to anything, she said it wouldn’t have mattered too much and that it would still work. I noticed a bit of a difference for about 3 months, it didn’t stop me sweating completely but it was a little bit less. But that was all, since then it’s been as bad as it was before.

I didn’t get it on the NHS either, I paid for it. It cost me £390 which is why I haven’t tried it again since, it’s too much money for me to justify when it didn’t work!

I’ve never heard or Miradry though, I didn’t know something like that existed! £1500 is a lot but if it stops it permanently it sounds like it would be worth it.
Yeah, Miradry sounds incredible and everyone I have read about who gets it loves it and says it's life-changing. They use a laser to permanently destroy the sweat and odour glands in your armpits - some people end up needing 2 treatments but they say the first treatments leads to like an 80% reduction anyway. Most places that offer it tend to be in London for now. Also currently an unemployed graduate so not really in a position to afford it rn but would defo get it once I am working. There are also many posts on the r/hyeprhidrosis subreddit where people have had successful results with it.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
What about the side effects I’ve heard about like “ bunny nose”or unwelcome lines forming in another area? does this actually happen, plus isn’t it strange not being able to move parts of your face? I’ve seen celebs who seem to have problems speaking because the area above their mouth is frozen!
I think a little filler makes a big improvement, but I’ve no desire for Botox, that may change as wrinkles progress!
I’ve not heard of bunny nose but I did find I’d squint my eyes more when I was smiling to counteract not being able to raise my eyebrows - also I’d do this instead of frowning or straining my eyes to see something (if that makes sense!). Because I only had the botox once I didn’t notice it gave me more wrinkles around my eyes but obviously if I carried on getting it I may have noticed this a bit more. I personally loved the feeling of not being able to move my face, I used to try so hard not to raise my eyebrows when I spoke and being unable to do it was actually a relief! I miss my smooth forehead but at the moment getting it done again wouldn’t work as I’m wearing a mask 80% of the time and I need to make some form of expression!

openbook1

VIP Member
I’ve seen a couple of people on here/insta mention a brow lift.. is this a common procedure most injectors will offer or is it something you’d need to be specifically trained in? Anyone who’s had a brow lift, I’d love to hear your experience!
They are called trough fillers. Never had them but know people who have. Go to a plastic surgeon, not just anyone. It's a procedure that if done by someone not properly trained it can go wrong very easily.

I think anyone who's doing botox should be able to do a brow lift. It's really nothing, they just have to be careful not to put too much in so you don't look permanently surprised.
If you have a brow lift, you have to have other areas done I think (forehead??) so you're not droopy. I think I read that anyway.

Nugget11

Yes, when I first got it done and it was beginning to wear off after 7 weeks (I’d had a 2 week follow up and she put a bit more in), I rang the clinic and was told that the first couple of weeks, it looks fantastic and then after that, it doesn’t so much (she didn’t say that exactly, but that was her drift) and it was 12 weeks before I could go back, so was safe to have more

@Nugget11 do you know how much Botox you’re being administered.
If I’m needing it every 12 weeks, I might have to find somewhere cheaper, but worry they might not have as much experience. The lady I see is a doctor and very particular. She’s all about the natural look.
I’m pretty sure she’s ended up giving me the full amount you can give by the time I’ve had all the top ups

tspnwn

Has anyone here had a lip flip done with Botox?

I've had it a couple of times now in my forehead, frown lines and crows feet but had my first try at the lip flip on Tuesday. I felt a change in my upper lip as soon as yesterday but thought I must have been imagining it, surely too soon? Today it's really apparent though, it looks amazing but I did feel the impact when I was trying to eat 😂 the nurse did explain to me that it would happen and said she only put in a little bit. I suppose what I'm asking is, is it unusual for the lip area to be affected so much faster than other areas and is this weird impaired function thing likely to get worse?

Kindred_

VIP Member
Could anyone recommend a good doctor for Botox based in Manchester? I’ve had bad experiences in the past so no idea where to go!xx

ouroboros

VIP Member
I've skipped 2 years of botox, and gifted myself a little bit of filler and botox for Xmas. It took a few days for the effect of the botox to show and my eyebrows now looks like 2 question marks on my face :)
You can get your eyebrows frozen too. I personally hate it when they’re the only thing that move, I think I look really odd especially because they’re not twins. 🙈

I’m pretty sure she’s ended up giving me the full amount you can give by the time I’ve had all the top ups
Mine only lasts 12 weeks and I’ve tried 3 places before settling on my current one 3 years ago. Apparently if you have strong facial muscles the n it won’t last as long.

Hi Have any of you had baby botox? My dr recommended that I have baby botox instead of the normal but I don't really know what the difference is with that and the normal botox? Is it still as good or more natural looking etc . X

Lullabella22

VIP Member
Had it done a week ago. Just the one area between my brows. I think it’s starting to disappear and frowing isn’t as easy. It wasn’t a massive line it’s still there. I think I expected a miracle? Or perhaps I’m just impatient.
eta - completely painless.

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
I really want botox as I have some wrinkles on my forehead. But I'm worried that it will change where my eyebrows are. Does it affect eyebrows?

Eta - sorry ive just read the whole thread and learned that it can cause eyebrows to droop.

openbook1

VIP Member
I have Botox every six months from a plastic surgeon, I had the nurse once and she was just as good but I have also seen a few local ‘hooligans’ advertising locally and I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

I get my forehead done, my ‘11’s are really prominent otherwise.
Yes... There are so many people "qualified" now to do Botox who aren't properly trained on facial structure. People go to them though as they are "cheap." I would never cheap out when it comes to my face

Mamacita

VIP Member
I got Botox on Tuesday and legit can’t see any difference in my face at all yet 😂 got forehead, frown lines and crows eye but she said she’d do a small amount and then would do more on my follow up app in two weeks. Is this normal?! I know it’s 14 days to be fully effective but I thought I’d see some change by now?
Yeah there were times it took me a week to see any difference and the two weeks for full effect