Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had Botox for the first time last Wednesday, on my forehead, crows feet and between my eyebrows. The lady who did it said that it could take up to 10-14 days to get the full effect. She also said that sometimes you need a top up.

So my question is, on my forehead, the middle part definitely looks a lot smoother, but on the edges of my forehead above the outer edges of my eyebrows the lines are still there. I’m wondering will I need a top up on those bits or is it just that it hasn’t completely worked yet?

I had Botox for the first time last Wednesday, on my forehead, crows feet and between my eyebrows. The lady who did it said that it could take up to 10-14 days to get the full effect. She also said that sometimes you need a top up.

So my question is, on my forehead, the middle part definitely looks a lot smoother, but on the edges of my forehead above the outer edges of my eyebrows the lines are still there. I’m wondering will I need a top up on those bits or is it just that it hasn’t completely worked yet?
There’s no way of knowing if you’ll need a top up until the tox has taken full effect so wait the full two weeks. Patience is key! x

Reactions: 3

Strange if it was your first time and you can’t see full effect yet. I know they all tend to say 2 weeks but usually it’s a lot sooner. What product did they use do you know?

I’m thinking of getting Botox for the first time for fine lines on my forehead/frown line. I’ve been considering it for a while but I think now I am really starting to need it - I’m 34. The rest of my skin is good, no crows feet or anything

I’ve found a high end skin clinic with really good reviews right near my house, and a free initial consultation so I can get a feel for it before I go. My only hesitations are I really still want to look natural, I definitely don’t want the frozen face look, and I don’t want it to be obvious I’ve gotten Botox. I also don’t want it to be a slippery slope - I’ve seen what that can do to peoples faces. Does anyone here maintain a really natural look with Botox? Or is it always going to be obvious/result in a frozen forehead over time? And I’ll just keep needing more and more to keep the skin smooth?

I’m thinking of getting Botox for the first time for fine lines on my forehead/frown line. I’ve been considering it for a while but I think now I am really starting to need it - I’m 34. The rest of my skin is good, no crows feet or anything

I’ve found a high end skin clinic with really good reviews right near my house, and a free initial consultation so I can get a feel for it before I go. My only hesitations are I really still want to look natural, I definitely don’t want the frozen face look, and I don’t want it to be obvious I’ve gotten Botox. I also don’t want it to be a slippery slope - I’ve seen what that can do to peoples faces. Does anyone here maintain a really natural look with Botox? Or is it always going to be obvious/result in a frozen forehead over time? And I’ll just keep needing more and more to keep the skin smooth?
I got Botox last year at a plastic surgeon's office. I had 30 units in my frown lines and still had some movement so wasn't frozen. It's quite a high amount of units though as my muscles are strong.
The injector told me that when it is someone's first time getting Botox she will recommend doing frown lines only to see if they like it.
When you get your forehead done you have to have frown lines done too so there's no drooping.
She said Botox in the forehead is more obvious than frown lines as it gives you a lift even with low units. Having frown lines and forehead done as someone's first treatment can be more "shocking" for them lol.

Reactions: 2

I got Botox on my forehead and 11 area. Ive never done my eyes as like you I don’t have crowes feet… yet lol No one knows I’ve got it done 😂 definitely research a good place so you can get the look you want! And also someone that will be honest with you about what you want to achieve. I personally don’t like the totally frozen look so I’m glad my Botox lady is able to achieve a natural look. It definitely can be done

I'm getting my second time botox tomorrow in my jaw for bruxism, I clench and grind my teeth terribly at night. Can't wait for it, it's the best thing ever!
My doctor also puts a bit into the chin area and the really nice side effect is that it's doesn't "crumple" anymore after and generally looks a bit smoother. You couldn't tell I've had it but it makes a big difference to me. I might ask her to put any leftover, if there is any, in my forehead. Last time, there's wasn't any leftover, she had to go back and get a second vial :rolleyes: Jaw muscles need a lot of product....

Reactions: 3
I'm getting my second time botox tomorrow in my jaw for bruxism, I clench and grind my teeth terribly at night. Can't wait for it, it's the best thing ever!
My doctor also puts a bit into the chin area and the really nice side effect is that it's doesn't "crumple" anymore after and generally looks a bit smoother. You couldn't tell I've had it but it makes a big difference to me. I might ask her to put any leftover, if there is any, in my forehead. Last time, there's wasn't any leftover, she had to go back and get a second vial :rolleyes: Jaw muscles need a lot of product....
I'm planning to get chin Botox next time I'm getting my forehead done, my chin is quite dimply and I seem to pull a lot of faces that make it visible 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
i have botox in my forehead, i also have 2 ml of filler in my lips, my chin done, my nasolabial lines, my cheek bones, and a little extra filler on my right side of my face.
It is honestly the best thing i have done for myself in such a long time. I go to an actual doctor though, and not a beauty therapist- i had face surgery as a child so its quite a complex thing for me and i needed someone non judgemental, and who understood, had experience etc- and she worked in reconstructive surgery before she went into aesthetics so she has a really good understanding of my needs, and i trust her. Im not a snob at all, and my issues partly stem from my childhood surgery but i couldnt go to a beauty therapist to get my work done. I have my next appointment at the end of the month and i cant wait for my top ups.

Reactions: 7
i have botox in my forehead, i also have 2 ml of filler in my lips, my chin done, my nasolabial lines, my cheek bones, and a little extra filler on my right side of my face.
It is honestly the best thing i have done for myself in such a long time. I go to an actual doctor though, and not a beauty therapist- i had face surgery as a child so its quite a complex thing for me and i needed someone non judgemental, and who understood, had experience etc- and she worked in reconstructive surgery before she went into aesthetics so she has a really good understanding of my needs, and i trust her. Im not a snob at all, and my issues partly stem from my childhood surgery but i couldnt go to a beauty therapist to get my work done. I have my next appointment at the end of the month and i cant wait for my top ups.
I see a doctor as well who is gmc registered with a masters in aesthetic medicine etc. I pay £250 for 1ml, the girl who I work with pays £90 for 0.5ml, but her lip looks like a sausage. The white part of her lip bulges and looks awful.
I won’t lie, though, the temptation is hard to resist to go cheaper.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone here had a lip flip done with Botox?

I've had it a couple of times now in my forehead, frown lines and crows feet but had my first try at the lip flip on Tuesday. I felt a change in my upper lip as soon as yesterday but thought I must have been imagining it, surely too soon? Today it's really apparent though, it looks amazing but I did feel the impact when I was trying to eat 😂 the nurse did explain to me that it would happen and said she only put in a little bit. I suppose what I'm asking is, is it unusual for the lip area to be affected so much faster than other areas and is this weird impaired function thing likely to get worse?
I’ve got a lip flip booked for end of Jan. How long did yours last? Was the impact on eating short-term?!

I see a doctor as well who is gmc registered with a masters in aesthetic medicine etc. I pay £250 for 1ml, the girl who I work with pays £90 for 0.5ml, but her lip looks like a sausage. The white part of her lip bulges and looks awful.
I won’t lie, though, the temptation is hard to resist to go cheaper.
I pay £450. Dr does it. Vobella. Iirc. Lasts months and is worth every penny. Looks so natural. 1ml.

I pay £450. Dr does it. Vobella. Iirc. Lasts months and is worth every penny. Looks so natural. 1ml.
I had teoxane which is meant to last the same as vobella. Maybe it’s because I look at my lips everyday, but it’s been 2 months and I already feel like they need doing again.

• Wow
I had teoxane which is meant to last the same as vobella. Maybe it’s because I look at my lips everyday, but it’s been 2 months and I already feel like they need doing again.
Sometimes i feel like that, but i do think its because i look at them every day and other people all tell me they havent gone down. and when i take a picture, they do still look plump.
I think some people fall in love with how they look when they first get them done and when they are swollen and then feel disappointed when it calms down. I did as well at first lol. But saying that, i am getting 1ml put in my lips at the end of the month- i last had 2 ml back in october. :) But thats only if she will let me- she can be quite strict and wont just put loads in because her clients want them done. So im hoping for 1 ml, but she might only put 0.6 in.

Sometimes i feel like that, but i do think its because i look at them every day and other people all tell me they havent gone down. and when i take a picture, they do still look plump.
I think some people fall in love with how they look when they first get them done and when they are swollen and then feel disappointed when it calms down. I did as well at first lol. But saying that, i am getting 1ml put in my lips at the end of the month- i last had 2 ml back in october. :) But thats only if she will let me- she can be quite strict and wont just put loads in because her clients want them done. So im hoping for 1 ml, but she might only put 0.6 in.
Likewise, doctor is really against the fake look. When I go back for my 2 week follow up and I tell her I want more, she looks at me like, why ☹

@candyland_ I had 0.7ml