Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really want botox as I have some wrinkles on my forehead. But I'm worried that it will change where my eyebrows are. Does it affect eyebrows?

Eta - sorry ive just read the whole thread and learned that it can cause eyebrows to droop.
I think and eyebrow 'lift' can be given when administering botox. My doc has asked me would I like one... I don't really know what it evolves so I just decline but you could look into it. I've never noticed mine drooping after treatment.

Reactions: 1
Sat in the hairdresser’s chair today and my forehead lines are becoming visible 😭🫣 I didn’t think they were noticeable and was planning on hanging on until close to Xmas to make another appointment. It was April when I last had my 3 areas done.

Sat in the hairdresser’s chair today and my forehead lines are becoming visible 😭🫣 I didn’t think they were noticeable and was planning on hanging on until close to Xmas to make another appointment. It was April when I last had my 3 areas done.
Mine was April too and getting them redone soon. Not super visible lines yet but getting there and I have some events on. Was hoping to hang on for longer but it's still working out I need it twice a year which is ok I guess

Can anyone recommend a good botox practitioner in Hampshire or London or Cambridge? Thanks xx
Viva Skin Clinics - Dr Rupert: he’s a trained doctor and very good. Personally I wouldn’t have anything injected in my face but anyone but a medical professional.

Reactions: 2
I might be overthinking this, but I think my Dr is ignoring/avoiding me. 😂 Godamn. It’s been 6 months, I need my forehead sorting, but don’t want to go elsewhere!

I managed to get hold of my doctor (see post above) and they’ve used a different filler for my lips this time. Ive had juvederm previously. It’s not been 24 hours yet, but the swelling is awful. My top lip looks dreadful 😐 I only had 0.5ml like usual.

I managed to get hold of my doctor (see post above) and they’ve used a different filler for my lips this time. Ive had juvederm previously. It’s not been 24 hours yet, but the swelling is awful. My top lip looks dreadful 😐 I only had 0.5ml like usual.
Hopefully just acute inflammation type thing? Fingers crossed it settles!

Did they settle?
I’m having mine done on Friday for the first time and worried about this happening.

Did they settle?
I’m having mine done on Friday for the first time and worried about this happening.
Just seen your other comment 😂 it did settle, but it took 3 days for it to look normal. It was the first time I’ve had teoxane, so I’m guessing my lip reacted differently to that kind of filler.

I got Botox in June for my frown lines and whilst I really liked it, I haven't had it done again yet. I just don't feel the urgency which is a good thing I guess. The full effects didn't wear off until November.
I've been using retinol and taking collagen supplements and my skin looks the best it ever has. I'm using the ordinary retinol 1% with squalane 2-3x a week and of course a high spf. And then taking Webber collagen and biotin supplements.

Reactions: 6
I got Botox in June for my frown lines and whilst I really liked it, I haven't had it done again yet. I just don't feel the urgency which is a good thing I guess. The full effects didn't wear off until November.
I've been using retinol and taking collagen supplements and my skin looks the best it ever has. I'm using the ordinary retinol 1% with squalane 2-3x a week and of course a high spf. And then taking Webber collagen and biotin supplements.
I currently do Botox (/Azzalure/Bocouture/whatever my injector has to hand) twice a year to avoid building up a tolerance/developing muscle imbalances.That plus tretinoin and spf. I'm never sure if collagen helps enough to justify it! I'm not good at taking it regularly enough. Have you found the supplements make a noticeable difference?

The swelling has gone after my lip fillers on Friday and I already want to book in another 1.1m. I loved them for the first couple of days but they are smaller than I’d like now.

I currently do Botox (/Azzalure/Bocouture/whatever my injector has to hand) twice a year to avoid building up a tolerance/developing muscle imbalances.That plus tretinoin and spf. I'm never sure if collagen helps enough to justify it! I'm not good at taking it regularly enough. Have you found the supplements make a noticeable difference?
Didn’t know it was a thing that you could build up tolerance to, does it mean you need more and more for the same effect?

I think and eyebrow 'lift' can be given when administering botox. My doc has asked me would I like one... I don't really know what it evolves so I just decline but you could look into it. I've never noticed mine drooping after treatment.
I always ask for a little lift when I get my Botox as my eyes are becoming more hooded as I get older and it really helps. You have to keep a little bit of movement with a lift too which is good because you don’t end up with that frozen look.

I have quite deep lines on my forehead. Does that mean it is too late for me to have botox? 😬 🤔😣
No not at all!! the only thing with Botox though it that it is addictive just like any other filler especially if you do have deep lines once they start to appear again you’ll need it asap 😅.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have been swithering about Botox for my 11s/forehead for a while but decided 2023 is the year I take the plunge!

In the meantime, has anyone ever tried those wrinkle face patches? My work is really busy in January and I know I will be scowling at a screen for 60+ hours a week! Or any tips for not scowling so much 😅

I have been swithering about Botox for my 11s/forehead for a while but decided 2023 is the year I take the plunge!

In the meantime, has anyone ever tried those wrinkle face patches? My work is really busy in January and I know I will be scowling at a screen for 60+ hours a week! Or any tips for not scowling so much 😅
I tried them during lockdown when I was glowering a lot and couldn't get Botox, but didn't think they did much! Hadn't had Botox in a while and there was no comparison. But I've never regretted the 11s/glabellar Botox - have been getting it on and off since around 2010!

Reactions: 4
I’m booked back in for lip top up.. I loved them at first but once the swelling went down they aren’t that noticeable.