Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had 1.1ml put in mine, I loved them at first but I feel like it’s barely there now although I can see a difference in the shape.

Reactions: 1
Likewise, doctor is really against the fake look. When I go back for my 2 week follow up and I tell her I want more, she looks at me like, why ☹

@candyland_ I had 0.7ml
Mine said my lips cant take more than 1ml. I suppose if i had more uid start looking like duck lips.

I had 1.1ml put in mine, I loved them at first but I feel like it’s barely there now although I can see a difference in the shape.
What did she use? I can feel mine

Mine said my lips cant take more than 1ml. I suppose if i had more uid start looking like duck lips.

What did she use? I can feel mine
I can’t remember the name. I’m having a top up tomorrow so I will double check.

Well after probably 15 years of getting it, I've stopped having botox! I've started using an LED mask everyday and the condition of my skin has definitely improved. I'm older so it was looking weird to have a smooth area around my eyes and then aged skin elsewhere on my face so I'm concentrating on keeping my skin well hydrated and in as good a condition as possible using a strong retinoid and the mask. I still have fillers on my cheeks every 18 months (thin face) and yesterday I had my smokers lines (I don't smoke, just the way I speak) done for the first time and a tiny bit of filler in my lips. I look comically swollen today and quite sore - really want them to chill out a bit! For me, as I get older I don't want to look "done", I just want to look as well and fresh as possible.

Reactions: 3
Well after probably 15 years of getting it, I've stopped having botox! I've started using an LED mask everyday and the condition of my skin has definitely improved. I'm older so it was looking weird to have a smooth area around my eyes and then aged skin elsewhere on my face so I'm concentrating on keeping my skin well hydrated and in as good a condition as possible using a strong retinoid and the mask. I still have fillers on my cheeks every 18 months (thin face) and yesterday I had my smokers lines (I don't smoke, just the way I speak) done for the first time and a tiny bit of filler in my lips. I look comically swollen today and quite sore - really want them to chill out a bit! For me, as I get older I don't want to look "done", I just want to look as well and fresh as possible.
Sounds great. Do you have the link to the LED mask you use?

Do you think getting Botox in the first place has prevented lines for you or at least prevented them from getting too deep? I'm contemplating to start getting a tiny bit of Botox in some areas, I know my genes and where I likely will get deeper lines than I want, but like you, I also don't want to look "done" and completely smooth when it doesn't match the rest of my appearance anymore.

Do you think getting Botox in the first place has prevented lines for you or at least prevented them from getting too deep? I'm contemplating to start getting a tiny bit of Botox in some areas, I know my genes and where I likely will get deeper lines than I want, but like you, I also don't want to look "done" and completely smooth when it doesn't match the rest of my appearance anymore.
Oh definitely and I'm still a big fan of botox done well but as we age, I think it's important to revaluate what is working and what isn't. For me, as the rest of my face is ageing, I want it all to match up if you see what I mean. I think as you get older, good work is more about volume, texture and luminosity of the skin rather then eliminating all the wrinkles. Stands to reason that what worked at 35 probably isn't going to get the same resuults at 55.

Reactions: 5
Getting my crow's feet done this morning. I've had in my forehead - not only have the deep genetic lines gone but no more menstrual migraines which is a wonder. I go to a nurse who trained at a plastic surgeon's office. Very against the fake frozen look. She wants her patients to look like humans! I had gone to a different person first to get a consult but they all had the Nicole Kidman plump frozen face.

I'm interested in filler but the idea of it never going away kind of scares me (just a bit in my lower lip to fill them out)...

Reactions: 2
Got to admit I did wonder if I had ruined my face by having more filler but they don’t seem as swollen today.
I wish mine would go down - still very swollen today (at least I hope it’s swelling and not just how my lips are now!) They still feel quite hard too. I’m a little concerned 😬

Getting my crow's feet done this morning. I've had in my forehead - not only have the deep genetic lines gone but no more menstrual migraines which is a wonder. I go to a nurse who trained at a plastic surgeon's office. Very against the fake frozen look. She wants her patients to look like humans! I had gone to a different person first to get a consult but they all had the Nicole Kidman plump frozen face.

I'm interested in filler but the idea of it never going away kind of scares me (just a bit in my lower lip to fill them out)...
I got my forehead and between my brows done today! I get awful menstrual migraines, did you find the Botox helped this right away or did it take a few treatments?

I didn’t know this about filler until my Botox lady happened to mention it when I was there last week! I had no idea. What I don’t understand is if it never goes away, how come it needs topping up?

I didn’t know this about filler until my Botox lady happened to mention it when I was there last week! I had no idea. What I don’t understand is if it never goes away, how come it needs topping up?
A lot does go away. It naturally dissipates so you need it done again to keep the original look and volume

Yes the body breaks it down over time hence the need for more if you want to maintain the effect.

C1DC27A8-98D1-49A0-A9CF-06EE48A80A09.jpeg

I won’t be getting any more until I’m old and really need it.

• Wow
Reactions: 3