Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitty4321

Has anyone experienced bad bleeding when they’ve had Botox? Had it done today at a new place and I bled a lot when she was doing my frown lines. As in the blood dripped down my face. This has never happened to me before so I’m terrified 😬
It’s fairly uncommon to bleed massively due to the depth of the injection but it’s not really an issue, it’s happened to me before only once. Quite a few things can effect it time of the month hydration levels etc so sure you will be fine but keep an eye on the area the next couple of days xx

Reactions: 1

Mamacita

VIP Member
Do your research when it comes to injectors... don't just cheap out. A good one will know where NOT to apply botox so you do not get droopy eyes.
Facial movement depends on how many units you get... if you still want movement, you tell the injector that and less units will be used.
Thanks, I think the place I found is good with a medical professional doing the treatments but it's useful to know and good that I can still possibly have the treatment and avoid droopy eyes as long as its done well
I haven’t got a lot of movement in my forehead but I actually like it like that - it resembled a crinkle cut crisp beforehand as it was so wrinkly, it’s lovely and smooth now 😂
I can still frown, and still have movement around my eyes. I do need to wear sunglasses if I’m outside though as I can’t squint very well! I only had a small amount put in the first time, but after 2 weeks (that’s the amount of time it takes to get the full effect) and I went for my follow up, we both decided that I needed more in my forehead.
When you have your consultation, tell the nurse or doctor what results you are hoping for. They will advise you on what places on your face would be best to have the Botox. I hadn’t considered my eyes but I’m glad I had them done now!
Thank you, yes with the consultation first I'll be able to ask all this I guess. I was actually thinking about the sunglasses thing today as it was so sunny, thought it probably would be hard to squint with botox!

DoctorWho

Chatty Member
Has anyone been having Botox for a longish period of time? I had it a couple of times every 3-4 months before the pandemic and was told if I kept having it regularly to begin with it would get longer between each time I would need it. Then the pandemic hit so couldn’t have it for like a year. My foreheads lines never went back to as bad as they were previously but they were definitely back. I’ve had 3 areas 3 times now this year but I find it lasts about 8 weeks then I have lines again. It’s going to bankrupt me going so frequently. Basically my question is, is it true that you can leave it longer and longer between appointments the more you have done?
it should be lasting a lot longer than 8 weeks 😕

Dizzy

VIP Member
Definitely go for the 10 day top up. Botox lasts on most people between 3-4 months, some people are unlucky and only get 2 months. I’ve personally found that having it regularly (I usually get it 3 times a year) does keep the wrinkles at bay even once it’s worn off. I haven’t had any since Sept (I’m going next week!) and I can certainly see a difference leaving it so long compared to my usual 4 months.

smurphette

VIP Member
If you just have normal wrinkles that happen when moving your face then I'd definitely wait. I got Botox first time at 30 and already had a very annoying forehead line at that point. 24 is way too young imo
I remember reading that people don't even really associate dynamic lines like that with ageing anyway - it's loss of volume that stands out.

I was 31 or 32 I think? For frown lines because I was waking up looking furious and the muscles were so exercised that they were bulky and made me look cross all the time. Added bit of brow lift and crow's feet at around 42 maybe.

Rubysue123

Chatty Member
I’ve just turned 28 and I’ve had my forehead done and my crows feet . I was the same I had deep lines in my forehead.My injector said normally people get the frown in between the eyes done aswell but it was my first time and wanted to stick to the forehead and crows feet and was happy to just do the two areas ! I absolutely love it my face just feels fresh and hydrated and make up sits lovely ! You Defo don’t need to the get the 11s with the forehead unless your injector obviously says otherwise but I’m glad I didn’t I didn’t need to . Good luck you will love it x
thanks so much! Xxx

Dizzy

VIP Member
Azzalure works better on me than botox. There are other brands too like boccouture. They seem to work on different people - it’s not always a crap injector.
Yes completely - just turns out this lady was a bit shit as well, messed my friends face up with badly administered filler. Stopped going after that and my new lady got much better results.

Hipbones

How long did everyone’s Botox last after the first time they had it done? Where did you notice movement in your face first?
Thanks for the replies 💋

I had Botox for the first time last month and I can already move my eyebrows again. Was trying to figure out if this is normal or if I should research another place for my next time… I like the completely frozen look! :ROFLMAO:

Bluetomato

I’ve just been back for my second lot. I had Botox the first time but due to my strong forehead muscles and it wearing off quickly, I’ve had azzalure this time. I had results quicker than Botox and I’m happy with the result. I have a check up next week but I don’t think it needs touching up at all, I’m really pleased!

Gdav98

Does anyone know any good botox places in Manchester? I haven’t had it done before but want to minimise my frown lines

openbook1

VIP Member
Especially when you see the practioner’s face 😐
Loool. That is another thing to check out! I looked at all their IG accounts to see what the outcome for people was 😂. If all the clients looked frozen that was a big no...obv some people want that look but not everyone does.

Bluetomato

Had my first sprinkling of Botox today (I’m 35) excited to see what happens over the next week.. just had frown line and forehead as those lines have suddenly got a bit deeper and don’t go away anymore. Pretty sure staring at a tiny laptop for a year while wfh hasn’t helped 😬 went to a lady who was an a&e nurse for many years and has been injecting for 20 years so trusted her completely ☺
Are you in the south east? My injector was an a and e nurse too 😊

latranla

Has anyone tried micro needling treatments ? I’m considering it as supposedly goos for anti ageing, open pores and acne marks?

timtams

I’m booked in for my first ever Botox on Tuesday! I had a consultation and it’s with a nurse (who also works in ICU) so I feel I’m in good hands.

Just wondering if anyone knows how common bruising is? And are they bad bruises if it happens? Could I cover it with makeup? I’m meant to be meeting up with a new guy that night (around 7pm ish), appt is at 10:15am. I’ll definitely follow the aftercare instructions of no exercise and staying upright for 4 hours etc, and no alcohol or ibuprofen, but I bruise easily, so I’m worried I’ll look awful afterwards!

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Hope you love them! You’ll see the final results in two weeks so don’t worry if they swell! Would you go through the pain again?
The corners of my mouth are sore from where the needle went in.
Ask me again in six months, because at the moment it would be a big no 😂

Jmx

Chatty Member
I’ve only had my crows feet and between my brows done once but I saw results between my brows straight away! I want the brow lift effect next but I’m nervous in case it makes me permanently surprised.