Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Yeah, Miradry sounds incredible and everyone I have read about who gets it loves it and says it's life-changing. They use a laser to permanently destroy the sweat and odour glands in your armpits - some people end up needing 2 treatments but they say the first treatments leads to like an 80% reduction anyway. Most places that offer it tend to be in London for now. Also currently an unemployed graduate so not really in a position to afford it rn but would defo get it once I am working. There are also many posts on the r/hyeprhidrosis subreddit where people have had successful results with it.

I just had a look at the website, it looks amazing! I’m pregnant so probably couldn’t have it at the moment (and don’t have that money spare either 😂) but like you, that’s definitely something I’ll consider in the future.

Hyperhidrosis is such an inconvenient thing to have, to get rid of it permanently would be amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any experience with Botox and crows feet ? My friend got her crows feet done but it just seems to push the wrinkles under her eyes ! The crows feet are gone now to be fair but like she just seems extra wrinkly under her eyes ! Also can you get your forehead done with out needing to do the 11 ?
I’ve noticed under my eyes is more crease-y when I smile since having my crows feet. I’ve only had it done twice.
I also had to have all 3 areas every time.

Ninetiesbitxh

@Ninetiesbitxh thats what worries me... my brows drooping!!
It was actually the injector who told me about it, so I think if you find someone who is well versed in the field and knows how to mitigate the risks (injecting two areas instead of one), then you’ll be fine. I’m really glad I had it done

I’ve also found that now I can’t frown or raise my eyebrows I express shock by flaring my nostrils or widening my eyes 😂😂😂 it’s probably not a look

Snowjoke

VIP Member
I had Botox in my forehead, three locations, one month ago. And it’s already showing quite substantial signs of wearing off. The clinic I went to do a follow up appt ten days after original booking which I had to cancel. Could this be why it’s fading so quickly? Might they have given more then?! Almost e300 to last a month is Mad.
They might have given you a top up at the 10 day appointment if they thought you needed it! I know a friend of my gets extra at her 10 day apt.

dinosaursideways

I had my Botox top up yesterday and it was my doctor’s last day at that clinic. Is it sad that I’m gutted? I would able to nip out on my lunch hour as it was so close to home and work 😞 she’s the only person I’ve ever gone to for treatments.
It's not sad to feel that way! I'm having a similar thing with my doctor - their clinic was 5 minutes from my house, and they've gone and moved too far and increased their prices significantly. I really trust him and was always so happy with his work, but I can't justify the travel + time + extra treatment costs. It's a horrible feeling having to start from scratch with someone new!

• Sad

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I had it just for the swelling it causes in the face. Didn’t really see much of a difference and was v expensive. Everyone is different though!
That's a shame. I've been thinking to get it done for a while and my local clinic isn't too expensive, so think I'll still try it.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Devil’s advocate, if your partner/other close family members don’t notice it, doesn’t it make you question why you get it? I have friends who get loads of different treatments and I can never tell the difference or see an “improvement “. I got cheek filler last year twice and liked it at first but then no one mentioned it/after a week or two I couldn’t see much difference… just an interesting thought!

Mamacita

VIP Member
Thank you Columbo for starting this thread. I'm considering it too, more in terms of preventative botox. I'd be curious to find out from those who get botox, at what age did you first get it?

• Heart

Blondie

VIP Member
If I was to go frozen next time, will it wear off and I can go for the more natural look again if I wanted?

Mamacita

VIP Member
I had my Botox top up a couple days ago and literally noticed results the next day, usually takes way longer. Has anyone had that happen before

Bigpapa

I recently got Botox - in 3 areas- forehead , 11 and my crows feet at the side of my eyes . Now it came into effect after the 2 weeks and my forehead was very smooth . But I did feel as if I was extra wrinkly under my eyes . Like the crows feet improved with the Botox but I looked very wrinkly under my eyes . Like did the Botox push the wrinkles under there ? Also my eyebrows went very arched over the Botox in my forehead . Like very very arched ! Did anyone else experience this ?

Bluetomato

Soo can you still move your face? Just wondering, I would still like to retain some movement but equally want the treatment to do what it should 🤣 I think I'd probably do forehead and frown lines, but I'm not even sure if I'm a good candidate for it as my eyebrows are quite low, heard botox can make this worse 🤔
I haven’t got a lot of movement in my forehead but I actually like it like that - it resembled a crinkle cut crisp beforehand as it was so wrinkly, it’s lovely and smooth now 😂
I can still frown, and still have movement around my eyes. I do need to wear sunglasses if I’m outside though as I can’t squint very well! I only had a small amount put in the first time, but after 2 weeks (that’s the amount of time it takes to get the full effect) and I went for my follow up, we both decided that I needed more in my forehead.
When you have your consultation, tell the nurse or doctor what results you are hoping for. They will advise you on what places on your face would be best to have the Botox. I hadn’t considered my crows feet but I’m glad I had them done!

penny1992

Chatty Member
I just had my second ever Botox appointment, she said I need to be up right for 4 hours. How closely do people stick to this? It’s evening here (Aus) and I’m exhausted and sick, so really keen to go to bed!! Big mistake making an evening appointment 🤦‍♀️
I follow the instructions as I am too worried about migration, that's how people can end up with droopy areas.
I never book evening appointments for this reason. You could sit in bed with pillows behind your back.

Columbo

VIP Member
Top tips;
Don’t buy a “cheap deal” off groupon or such like
Shop about
Talk to people you know
Look at people’s insta pages
Don’t take ibuprofen or aspirin leading up to it. It’ll make you bruise
Same goes for vitamins etc.
take arnica
Good tips, thank you x

penny1992

Chatty Member
I got Botox on Tuesday and legit can’t see any difference in my face at all yet 😂 got forehead, frown lines and crows eye but she said she’d do a small amount and then would do more on my follow up app in two weeks. Is this normal?! I know it’s 14 days to be fully effective but I thought I’d see some change by now?
I saw some effects instantly and then by a week or so completely felt it. I did need a top up on one side of my frown lines though. I got 30 units in my frown lines which I think would be a lot for most people but mine are very strong muscles 🙃

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
I'm interested in filler but the idea of it never going away kind of scares me (just a bit in my lower lip to fill them out)...
I didn’t know this about filler until my Botox lady happened to mention it when I was there last week! I had no idea. What I don’t understand is if it never goes away, how come it needs topping up?

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
I’ve just had lip fillers for the first time to correct visibly asymmetric lips. It hurt a lot and feels odd.
I can’t wait until they settle down to see how they will really look, because it’s odd seeing myself with lips for the first time in years. Am I supposed to look like The Joker 😂
Hope you love them! You’ll see the final results in two weeks so don’t worry if they swell! Would you go through the pain again?