Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Thank you Columbo for starting this thread. I'm considering it too, more in terms of preventative botox. I'd be curious to find out from those who get botox, at what age did you first get it?
I was 31, but I’d had the lines a long time - since my early 20s, they weren’t really age related I just raise my eyebrows all the time when I speak so they kept getting worse!

Reactions: 1

Mamacita

VIP Member
I have botox regularly and filler. I love botox, it completely changes your face and makes you looks less tired.

When I first got some in my forehead it felt like I had a block of wood in my head for a few days, it was such a weird sensation 🥴
Did it stop feeling like that after, I really want to get botox but worried about it annoying me too much 😂

sushimama

Chatty Member
Wow fab 😍 what exactly do you ask for? Is it painful having it around your eyes? Xx
She does my forehead, between brows and brow lift, usually around 30-40 units altogether. I’ve only done crows feet once because I’m actually not bothered about them and it didn’t hurt any more then everywhere else, but it was the only place where I got a little bruise but it’s impossible to know and avoid that. The bruise disappeared in a week so it wasn’t a problem. :)

I love brow lift the most haha I feel like it makes such a difference! 💛

beltork

I get botox for the first time on Saturday and so nervous at what to expect, I'm not too fussed on my forehead as its not that bad but I hate the areas around my eyes. I will let you know how I get on. My main reason is to just feel a bit better in myself, I always feel self conscious when it comes to my skin.
I'm 5 days into having botox for the first time to try and stop a frowning tic I have, though it was also largely to do with a premature (and I think hereditary) glabellar line I've had for years (I'm 21!) which I was quite insecure about. I was so nervous but I've already seen great and subtle results and feel a lot more confident. It didn't hurt at all and I didn't experience any bruising or other post-botox side effects, just a little headache really. Though I suppose the likelihood of certain side-effects will depend on the area you get done so I can't comment on eyes.. Would love to hear how you get on too :) Best of luck to you!

• Heart

Shazmo

No would defo not Recommend therapie. I’m in Ireland also . Therapie have shocking results . Friend of mine had to go back nearly 3 times as there was no difference when she got Botox and lips done . Lips when completely flat again after a few days . No difference in the Botox either . Also she was extremely bruised after the lips ! She looked as if she was in a fight it was so bad
Jes thanks very much for that. Sounds terrible altogether your friend must have been so mad after paying out so much money and that happening and having no change with the Botox.Will avoid there then!!

dinosaursideways

I got Botox in June for my frown lines and whilst I really liked it, I haven't had it done again yet. I just don't feel the urgency which is a good thing I guess. The full effects didn't wear off until November.
I've been using retinol and taking collagen supplements and my skin looks the best it ever has. I'm using the ordinary retinol 1% with squalane 2-3x a week and of course a high spf. And then taking Webber collagen and biotin supplements.
I currently do Botox (/Azzalure/Bocouture/whatever my injector has to hand) twice a year to avoid building up a tolerance/developing muscle imbalances.That plus tretinoin and spf. I'm never sure if collagen helps enough to justify it! I'm not good at taking it regularly enough. Have you found the supplements make a noticeable difference?

Jane Tee

VIP Member
I didn’t know this about filler until my Botox lady happened to mention it when I was there last week! I had no idea. What I don’t understand is if it never goes away, how come it needs topping up?
A lot does go away. It naturally dissipates so you need it done again to keep the original look and volume

Randy77

Chatty Member
I'm seriously thinking of getting botox, however want i want to do is fix a droopy eyebrow. One of my eyebrows has a droopy eyelid compared to the other one. I can notice it and one of my eyebrows looks higher than the other. Is this something that botox can fix?

Dizzy

VIP Member
I’ve had a long break from Botox 🤰🏼 I’m having my baby next week. I plan on combi feeding baby for the first few weeks but after I will be moving her on to bottle. Would I be able to book in for say a months time does anyone know?
I think you'd need to ask the advice of your botox provider. I had surgery last year and wanted some a couple of weeks after however my lady told me to hold off because my body may have reacted in a different way to it. Bodies are strange and wonderful things!

I can see movement within two weeks of my top up, so that’s 4 weeks after my initial appointment. My brows start to move first, every few days I look in the mirror I notice more and more movement and see my forehead creases reappearing 😔 I love the frozen look too but it just doesn’t last on me!
Everyone reacts differently. It can be affected by lifestyle too, alcohol can help break it down quicker which is a total bitch IMO! 😂

Brianbadonde

Recently had Botox for the first time and I must say I’m so happy with the results but lord I felt like I had a headache for days afterwards! Then I stared at my face for too long and convinced myself my eyebrows had completely changed and gone straight 😂, over that now and love my smooth forehead. I had two areas - forehead and 11’s (between eyebrows) as you can’t have just forehead as it can make your eyebrows droop. I’d not considered how strange it would feel afterwards, like someone said above it feels like there’s a plank of wood on your forehead 😂
Oooo I had a headache too and totally get the feeling of having a plank of wood on your head 🤣🤣 but yes to all the lines being gone.. and not being able to frown anymore is brilliant (I frowned even when talking sadly) it’s made me feel like a new woman! No regrets here 😍

Mamacita

VIP Member
Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone had Botox for bruxism and had good results? I never realised it was causing my face to change so much and have been recommended this. The google image results are amazing and very convincing!
I had it done a couple weeks ago so can't say I see results in terms of changes to my face, though my jaw muscles were very visible, especially when I clenched them, as if I'm some mad jaw bodybuilder, but now they're not as bad and also finally my jaw is not sore. I was clearly tensing it a lot before.

Question for those who get forehead botox-how long does it last for you? I've had it for a month and a half and I already have less of a frozen look and can move my forehead way more 🤔 is it going away

Rosie878

VIP Member
Has anyone here had a lip flip done with Botox?

I've had it a couple of times now in my forehead, frown lines and crows feet but had my first try at the lip flip on Tuesday. I felt a change in my upper lip as soon as yesterday but thought I must have been imagining it, surely too soon? Today it's really apparent though, it looks amazing but I did feel the impact when I was trying to eat 😂 the nurse did explain to me that it would happen and said she only put in a little bit. I suppose what I'm asking is, is it unusual for the lip area to be affected so much faster than other areas and is this weird impaired function thing likely to get worse?
I’ve got a lip flip booked for end of Jan. How long did yours last? Was the impact on eating short-term?!

sushimama

Chatty Member
Yes. I was very stupid once and went to a new doctor who was just starting and had really, really (really!!) low price. I paid 60 € and she only did my forehead, without the 11s. She put 15-20 units in and it was absolutely terrible, because the upper part of my forehead was frozen but my eyebrows were still moving normally and there were still one line above my eyebrows. I also had a feeling like my muscles between the brows somehow got larger, because they were the only one moving haha. I mean it probably wasn't that noticeable to other people, I didn't look like a freak or anything, but someone who has experience with botox could probably tell there was something going on.

AND I did that just a week before moving to another country so I couldn't even go back to get it fixed lol. I really did everything wrong, please learn from my mistakes! 😂

timtams

I stick to it so can't recommend otherwise. Just had a quick Google and everywhere it says to not lie down for the 4h. Maybe you can kind of prop yourself up and close your eyes sitting up for a bit 😔 sorry not much advice beyond that!

I always make a lunch time appointment during work week for that reason cause the first one I got was on a Saturday and I really wanted to lie down after 🤣 now I just go back to work and stare at the screen anyway
Thanks! Yeah I had a google too, something about migrating to other parts of your face before it settles. But then if you google it and the word myth, you get info saying that’s not possible and it’s only very small amounts. Aaah who knows. I’m up to 3 hours so 1 more hour to survive, but lessen definitely learnt! Lunchtime sounds good. The first time I got it I had a 4 hour road trip after so I didn’t even have to think about it.

candyland_

VIP Member
I’m booked back in for lip top up.. I loved them at first but once the swelling went down they aren’t that noticeable.