Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

timtams

Does anyone else get a shiny forehead? How can I make it less shiny?! I don’t have particularly oily skin but since getting Botox for the first time 1.5 weeks ago (which I’m loving, yay for this thread!) it just looks so shiny. Even though I went to a good place, she didn’t put too much in and I can still move etc.

Lullabella22

VIP Member
Botox hasnt done much for me. I’ve waited over a month and my line between my brows is still there. Granted It’s not as bad as it was but I expected it to be gone considering it wasn’t overly bad to start with either.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
What age did you ladies start getting Botox? Or would you recommend someone gets it? I want to prevent any lines/wrinkles. Is baby Botox or preventative Botox a thing? I’m 24 🙂

I have lip fillers but always wondered about Botox

Sat doing my make up for tonight and forehead lines are appearing again. I last had Botox on 5th November. Is there anything stronger than Botox?! 😂 no lines when I scowl, though.

For reference, I had my first ever lot on 13th aug and then more in my follow up on 3rd September. Then I went back in November because it seemed to be wearing off. Arghh 😤

Dizzy

VIP Member
Alcohol will affect how quickly it wears off in some people but it’s mainly just down to your skin type. My friend and I get the same type of botox - hers is gone after 2 months, mine lasts nearly 4 🤷🏼‍♀️

wizardora

My frown wore off probably within 8 weeks. I’m waiting til my crows feet are due and then she’s going to use a different brand

timtams

I had my first Botox 3 weeks ago on frown lines and forehead (fine lines) and tomorrow I have a check up appt. The frown lines are great, but I can still see the fine lines in certain lighting although they are improved. Is it likely she’ll put more in? Like does it just mean it wasn’t quite enough for my face? Or will I just have these fine lines still because I said I really wanted to make sure I didn’t have a frozen or fake look

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I had lip fillers and was going to go back for botox, I decided against it as I'd already spent a fortune going back time and time again for my lips. It was addictive and I'm poor 😂

I'm actually due to have this in a few weeks, not for cosmetic reasons though. I have something called TMD (tempromandibular jaw dysfunction) which affects the muscles in my face and causes chronic pain. I'm having it at the hospital. I didn't realise it had any aesthetic affects when done there as I always associated botox to the forehead and around the crows feet. I'll come back and report if you like?
Yes please. Thank you!

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
A lot of communication is through facial expressions/body language, but when someone has Botox it is like their face is frozen, no movement, no expression, no frowning etc. Just my opinion. I wouldn't get it.

MrsLucas

VIP Member
I had Botox for the first time last Wednesday, on my forehead, crows feet and between my eyebrows. The lady who did it said that it could take up to 10-14 days to get the full effect. She also said that sometimes you need a top up.

So my question is, on my forehead, the middle part definitely looks a lot smoother, but on the edges of my forehead above the outer edges of my eyebrows the lines are still there. I’m wondering will I need a top up on those bits or is it just that it hasn’t completely worked yet?
Strange if it was your first time and you can’t see full effect yet. I know they all tend to say 2 weeks but usually it’s a lot sooner. What product did they use do you know?

I’ve just been back for my second lot. I had Botox the first time but due to my strong forehead muscles and it wearing off quickly, I’ve had azzalure this time. I had results quicker than Botox and I’m happy with the result. I have a check up next week but I don’t think it needs touching up at all, I’m really pleased!
How do you know if you know if you have strong forehead muscles? Genuine question. Is it something you can see visibly? I have deep lines on my forehead. She told me if would take a few sessions to make them less and less visible.

Rosie878

VIP Member
I couldn't find a thread on filler so just putting this here. I got chin filler yesterday in a very highly recommended and expensive clinic. They didn't numb me at all. I almost fainted and it's pretty sore today. Is this standard procedure?

First time over had filler but had Botox a few times.
I'm always given numbing cream with filler. That must have been sore!
I haven't been given numbing cream for Botox but always for filler.

Hope your feeling better today and are at least pleased with the results.