Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
I guess countries must vary. Here in Canada and the USA it's the norm to be charged by the unit. Being charged by the area is less common.
---
I have a little bit of bruising from today. I didn't last time 🫠
That’s interesting - I never knew that. I’m sure the bruising will disappear soon and you’ll be looking refreshed and wrinkle-free in no time :)

Reactions: 1

Mamacita

VIP Member
21. I didn’t like having moment in my face
Interesting!!

I was 31, but I’d had the lines a long time - since my early 20s, they weren’t really age related I just raise my eyebrows all the time when I speak so they kept getting worse!
Ah OK, I'm 30 so I guess it's not too early! I said preventative botox but I do have lines in my forehead too from movement, but they're not bad or anything, and I've also had them for ages but there is one line now that starts to be more visible. Tbh I'll probably go for it soon. Just need to find a good place and save a bit of cash

Meehee69

@smurphette and @MissTeddy thank you xx
I definitely look cross 🙈 got a smooth forehead but a permanent scowl ! I look like an angry bird 😂
Luckily it’s been sunny so sunglasses 🕶 have been my best friend.
It is what it is now and hopefully when I go back it can be counteracted or I won’t have any more.
I’ll post how I get on.
Thank you again - I can’t / won’t really speak about it to anyone as I feel as though I only have my vanity to blame but I wanted to look nice for my daughter xx

Bluetomato

I had it done a couple weeks ago so can't say I see results in terms of changes to my face, though my jaw muscles were very visible, especially when I clenched them, as if I'm some mad jaw bodybuilder, but now they're not as bad and also finally my jaw is not sore. I was clearly tensing it a lot before.

Question for those who get forehead botox-how long does it last for you? I've had it for a month and a half and I already have less of a frozen look and can move my forehead way more 🤔 is it going away
Was this your first lot of Botox? I had my first lot in April and it started wearing off after 6 weeks - I contacted my clinic who did a top up. I’m going for another lot tomorrow. I think for the first time you have Botox they don’t put too much in - as you can put it in but not take it out! I obviously need a lot 😂

Mamacita

VIP Member
I just had my second ever Botox appointment, she said I need to be up right for 4 hours. How closely do people stick to this? It’s evening here (Aus) and I’m exhausted and sick, so really keen to go to bed!! Big mistake making an evening appointment 🤦‍♀️
I stick to it so can't recommend otherwise. Just had a quick Google and everywhere it says to not lie down for the 4h. Maybe you can kind of prop yourself up and close your eyes sitting up for a bit 😔 sorry not much advice beyond that!

I always make a lunch time appointment during work week for that reason cause the first one I got was on a Saturday and I really wanted to lie down after 🤣 now I just go back to work and stare at the screen anyway

Mamacita

VIP Member
I have a similar thing and in my consultation she didn’t recommend Botox for it. I think because it’s to do with skin strength and collagen. She recommended a course of red light therapy which stimulates collagen and would lift the brow. However it was something like £900 for the course (although she stated that would last for years) i thought that was too much for something with no guarantee.

Have you seen any difference yet? I went back and was told to be patient.. I’ve noticed a small slimming of my face but nothing very dramatic
I think I see a bit of difference but also nothing dramatic, nothing that anyone else would notice. I couldn't go back to the person that did mine as she said she only does review up to two weeks after. Not sure if I'll get it done again but I'm considering doing it in a few months.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I'm seriously thinking of getting botox, however want i want to do is fix a droopy eyebrow. One of my eyebrows has a droopy eyelid compared to the other one. I can notice it and one of my eyebrows looks higher than the other. Is this something that botox can fix?
I have a similar thing and in my consultation she didn’t recommend Botox for it. I think because it’s to do with skin strength and collagen. She recommended a course of red light therapy which stimulates collagen and would lift the brow. However it was something like £900 for the course (although she stated that would last for years) i thought that was too much for something with no guarantee.

Yeah might be that, I'll see how I get on in the next couple weeks
Have you seen any difference yet? I went back and was told to be patient.. I’ve noticed a small slimming of my face but nothing very dramatic

I go every 3 months or so to see my Doctor for botox treatment because i have cervical dystonia (tremors). The botox gets rid of the tremors in my neck for a a couple of months. The last time I went, I got botox injections to stop a migraine i have had for years on and off and i have only had one migraine since this last treatment. From a cosmetic point of view, the migraine treatment got rid of the wrinkles on my forehead.

catscradle

Another point to mention is that if you go to someone who isn’t medically trained (e.g a beauty therapist) then they should have a nurse practitioner to prescribe the Botox.

I also had Botox in my underarms for hyperhidrosis a few years ago and I had two separate appointments - one with a doctor first who asked me lots of questions and looked at my medical history, before prescribing it for the therapist to carry out.

I follow a lot of salon pages on insta and I saw someone ask the question about “would I need to see a prescriber first” to someone who has just trained in Botox. Her reply was “no we’ll sort that out our end before your appointment”. That sort of thing would put me off.
Is the underarm Botox worth it? I've been using Driclor for like 8 years which has helped some but it can be a bit hit and miss. I read that sometimes people are able to get Botox for hyperhidrosis on the NHS although I'm not sure if it's widely available. I'll probably get Miradry at some point (laser treatment that's essentially a permanent cure for underarm hyperhidrosis) although it costs like £1500 - but you only really need 1 or 2 treatment and that's you done forever.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Sat doing my make up for tonight and forehead lines are appearing again. I last had Botox on 5th November. Is there anything stronger than Botox?! 😂 no lines when I scowl, though.

For reference, I had my first ever lot on 13th aug and then more in my follow up on 3rd September. Then I went back in November because it seemed to be wearing off. Arghh 😤
The person I go to said you shouldn't get it too often cause your tolerance to it can increase or something.

Mine lasts pretty much 3 months though at around 2 months my forehead moves pretty normal but there are no lines. Now the lines are starting to appear, especially visible when I put make up on. I will probably wait till March though as doubt I'll be going out that much in the next couple months so seems a bit pointless

Rubysue123

Chatty Member
I had it done a couple weeks ago so can't say I see results in terms of changes to my face, though my jaw muscles were very visible, especially when I clenched them, as if I'm some mad jaw bodybuilder, but now they're not as bad and also finally my jaw is not sore. I was clearly tensing it a lot before.

Question for those who get forehead botox-how long does it last for you? I've had it for a month and a half and I already have less of a frozen look and can move my forehead way more 🤔 is it going away
I had forehead done for the first time in may and I would say it’s worn off a tiny bit but not much at all xxx

Lullabella22

VIP Member
I’m booked in for my first ever Botox on Tuesday! I had a consultation and it’s with a nurse (who also works in ICU) so I feel I’m in good hands.

Just wondering if anyone knows how common bruising is? And are they bad bruises if it happens? Could I cover it with makeup? I’m meant to be meeting up with a new guy that night (around 7pm ish), appt is at 10:15am. I’ll definitely follow the aftercare instructions of no exercise and staying upright for 4 hours etc, and no alcohol or ibuprofen, but I bruise easily, so I’m worried I’ll look awful afterwards!
First few times I didn’t get bruising. This time I did just caught me under the eye area. But it’s tiny. You’ll be fine.

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Has anyone experienced bad bleeding when they’ve had Botox? Had it done today at a new place and I bled a lot when she was doing my frown lines. As in the blood dripped down my face. This has never happened to me before so I’m terrified 😬
Did you have any ibuprofen or aspirin the week leading up to it? Drunk alcohol? Taken vitamins? Decongestants? Can all impact on bleeding and bruising x

candyland_

VIP Member
I had 1.1ml put in mine, I loved them at first but I feel like it’s barely there now although I can see a difference in the shape.

Cunderthunt

Botox is tested on animals. Just putting it out there.

Sorry I can't help but I've been wondering this too, (apart from the lips as nature was kind enough to bless me in that department at least), but I'm definitely interested in having my forehead and smile lines doing. Also, the skin under my eyes is quite thin and crepey, I hate it. Can anyone say if this something botox can help with too?
A Plexr laser would work better for your eye wrinkles

Personally I would ring your clinic and let them know, they may offer another top up.
I had the same thing happen to me. Had my first ever lot, then the top up at 2 weeks. At 6 weeks I noticed I had movement in my forehead so I rang the clinic and they did another top up, then after that they said to leave it and see how long it lasted. I think I got about 3 months out of it in total. When I went back for my next lot, I had azzulure (still Botox but slightly different make up) and it has lasted so much better.
I contracted the doctor and she said the review is 2 weeks after initial treatment (I had mine 3 weeks after because they were on holiday) but if I have any questions, I can go and see her. Guess that means “tough shit if it’s wearing off”
It’s actually been 7 weeks since the treatment. Not 6, as I’d originally wrote. I can’t be bothered to take a day off work to see them and if they’re not going to do anything about it wearing off.

• Sad

EmerH88

Has anyone been having Botox for a longish period of time? I had it a couple of times every 3-4 months before the pandemic and was told if I kept having it regularly to begin with it would get longer between each time I would need it. Then the pandemic hit so couldn’t have it for like a year. My foreheads lines never went back to as bad as they were previously but they were definitely back. I’ve had 3 areas 3 times now this year but I find it lasts about 8 weeks then I have lines again. It’s going to bankrupt me going so frequently. Basically my question is, is it true that you can leave it longer and longer between appointments the more you have done?
Got mine exactly 3 months ago (refresher booked in for next week) and 11s is only creeping back now in the last week or two...

I'm a bit obsessed with it now!

I’m trained in them what area were you thinking of having done? Depending on how much fat you generally get the best results with 2 rounds. It’s pretty quick but most people say it’s a bit painful and feels a bit itchy? It causes the fat to turn to liquid which you basically just wee out. The more water you drink the better the results. You can get fat back in the area it doesn’t completely get rid of the fat pockets! So with everything obviously recommend a healthy diet etc and like I say drink soo much water for the best results. Can remain swollen for up to 2 weeks so bare in mind that when planning it or any social occasions etc!
Have seen some really fab results from it xx
I’m fairly slim but was considering a few areas, but for now I’ll probably go with one, jawline/chin, hips or thighs. Which would you recommend?