Boss_Mummy_Sale #20 the renovation is pointless and shambolic.. you're a (barely) functioning alcoholic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I asked my builder husband who often fits kitchens about installing a kitchen with wet plaster and he said "OMG NO! Putting cabinets against wet walls will create mould"
He said they shouldn't have done the plasterboarding upstairs until the roof is tiled and fully water tight. Without the roof tiled water will find its way in anywhere. She should have paid for a scaffold tent which covers the whole roof. Spenny but worth it. Shouldn't have plastered until the bifolds are in because the reveals will need plastering into
I wonder if she’ll read this and the Penny will drop…doubt it. She’s probably hungover and thinks we’re haters 🤣

I don’t think the builders have any clue whatsoever. Even if she didn’t want the scaffold tent they’d have encouraged it and outlined the risks without it. I can’t decide what’s worse - a mouldy kitchen, water damage throughout the house, having to paint after the kitchen is installed or the mess when those bi fold doors go in. All options are dreadful 😂 she moaned about painting the kitchen that green colour. Wait for the meltdown when she has to mist coat AND paint 🙈🙈🙈
---
Does anyone know if they managed to sell the old kitchen in the end?
It’s never been mentioned again so no idea 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have a background in interior design. The main aim when doing an extension/any building work is to get it water tight - the roof being completely finished should have been a priority. Then I usually see them work down from that - the bi folds should already be in - any construction work needs to be done before any decorating or electrics take place. The stairs should be fitted as well by now or worst case a temporary one in place. With the kitchen, I’d expect the bi folds in before we sort the ceiling for lighting, plastered WHICH THEN DRIES OUT PROPERLY before the kitchen fitting and decorating.
Usually the final coat of paint is done after the fitting to allow for any nicks and scrapes from the fitting. I’d also have expected their en-suite to be in thought not finished.
---
No other builder is going to step in at this stage - I think like others previously suggested in the last thread, they have probably paid upfront or agreed a day rate……both give the builders an upper hand as you can see a mile off they don’t know what to expect or how this project should be managed.

Reactions: 12
There’s an awful lot going on with not a lot of space! I don’t understand the upheaval of taking out patio doors to replace with bifold. Just open the doors 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She was legit stood IN THE MIDDLE filming the builders. Ovens are in and working. Fridge is going where the washing machine is. They are now debating a round table, but it seems awfully tight with the island, table and presumably island stools being there. I don’t really see what they’ve gained. It all seems quite cramped, I only like the open kitchen diner set ups when they’re huge 🤣
IMG_3314.png
IMG_3315.png
IMG_3316.png
IMG_3317.png
IMG_3318.png
IMG_3319.png
IMG_3320.png
IMG_3321.png
IMG_3322.png
IMG_3323.png
IMG_3324.png

---
She says the old kitchen cupboards are going soon, pauses like she wants to say more but doesn’t

Reactions: 7
Why is she not working? Surely if she works a sixty hour week like she says she wouldn’t have time to be filming all this. And why is SNH wandering round in the kitchen at 4 o clock on a working day? Get back to work!!

Reactions: 16
She’s posted stories said that she’s had 2 glasses of Prosecco already and the kids aren’t in bed. Seems quite pissed in all her ramblings about why it’s not going to be finished on time for her to have a party

Reactions: 11
There was never going to be space for the bar and a peninsula. This design would only work if they had 1/3 more space. The only round table fitting in there is a small 4 person one
Agree. It would have been fine without the bar, she would have had plenty of room for whatever size dining table she wanted. Hope they are crammed in like sardines, serve them right.

Reactions: 9
It's 8pm, she's in charge of 2 kids and she looks and sounds absolutely smashed. It's Thursday George, do we really need prosecco? I'm debating between a glass of coke zero or a cuppa here 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is she on something or having a breakdown? My GOD she’s sat there like a mad woman talking total tit swigging from her glass 😳

Reactions: 5
She sounds and looks completely pissed in those stories, has she had two glasses or bottles? There's no way that other people who follow her don't think the same as us about her, how can you not?

Reactions: 9
I can't get over how totally blocked she is?! Like we're all well versed here in how much she drinks, she has Defs had more than 2 glasses of prosecco.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.