Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Look at Rishi's voting record.

It is clear that Gove will be the next PM.

I don't think people realise how much this country will be shafted by the Tories by the time of the next election.

I also feel that you'll see a proper national lockdown in the first week of January. How timely...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Slightly going off topic - but watching Ed M tear him to absolute shreds today was a thing of beauty. He just sat there slumped over looking miserable. I do actually wonder how much longer he's going to drag this out. He looks an absolute state.
Oh, I hope he stays and has to own the Brexitshambles as well. It's no more than he deserves. With luck it will ruin his after dinner speech career, too. Thought being leader was all photo ops, long lunches and adoring crowds did you, Bozza...

Reactions: 13
Speaking as someone who's had no help at all from the government during the whole coronavirus pandemic, due to having the timerity to have been a freelancer for 23 years - and paid over 1/4 million in tax in that time, no offshore scams or dubious loans or done any other avoidance schemes - Rishi can absolutely go do one.

He's only been an MP for about five minutes, why the hell anyone would propose him as prime minister is beyond me.

3 million other abandoned freelancers think like me about him as well. That's one hell of a lot of the electorate to have pissed off and who won't forget his name.
He was also quick to jump into his boss’s shoes who resigned on a matter of principle. It is easy to give money away (what a waste of £500m the Eat Out To Help Out scheme turned out to be) but somehow he has to claw it back. When taxes and prices rise will he be as popular?

I don't think people realise how much this country will be shafted by the Tories by the time of the next election.

I also feel that you'll see a proper national lockdown in the first week of January. How timely...
It just shows what a strange world we live in now. Who thought a few years ago that the likes of Trump and Johnson would be leaders of their respective countries or that the slimy Gove would be considered a suitable replacement for the other slimeball?

Reactions: 5
He was also quick to jump into his boss’s shoes who resigned on a matter of principle. It is easy to give money away (what a waste of £500m the Eat Out To Help Out scheme turned out to be) but somehow he has to claw it back. When taxes and prices rise will he be as popular?

It just shows what a strange world we live in now. Who thought a few years ago that the likes of Trump and Johnson would be leaders of their respective countries or that the slimy Gove would be considered a suitable replacement for the other slimeball?
The thought of Gove being in charge tho. 😱 He’s an odious little man.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
See they've made an exception to the rule of six for grouse shooting and fox hunting. Utter cunts. You couldn't make it up!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

I agree and that was why the last GE was absolutely crucial. My heart was smashed to smithereens - it was such a tit Christmas. Even without corona, this has been a dreadful, dreadful year and it's just the tip of the iceberg. The damage they have done will be irreversible unfortunately. I have dual citizenship and will be jumping ship - it's not like I'll have a pension or excellent NHS care to look forward to is it?

Conveniently snuck that in just before the Rule of 6 🤔
Just like he didn't decide to lockdown after her effing bloody baby shower. Absolute fanny. There's a special place in hell for him.

Oh, I hope he stays and has to own the Brexitshambles as well. It's no more than he deserves. With luck it will ruin his after dinner speech career, too. Thought being leader was all photo ops, long lunches and adoring crowds did you, Bozza...
And he still hasn't grasped that he actually has to read stuff, nevermind scrutinise it. My prediction - he will do a runner. Man's got form. Sadly, the damage will have been done.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree and that was why the last GE was absolutely crucial. My heart was smashed to smithereens - it was such a tit Christmas.
Totally agree. I lost so much faith in the country seeing a person like him get elected when it couldn't have been more obvious that he would be terrible. Labour have themselves to blame though - keeping Corbyn for that election was a death wish. Starmer is in now and I would support him but it's kinda too late.

I live in Scotland (hence my username) and have always wanted to stay part of the UK but I am warming to the idea of Scottish Independence if it means a way out of the mess that the UK is in and will continue to face.

The whole thing is frustrating for me being fairly young and having to face the consequences of Brexit & years of Tory government while many of those who voted for B will not live long enough to face the consequences and some probably voted out of pure spite towards the EU or immigrants or whatever else.

Reactions: 12
Totally agree. I lost so much faith in the country seeing a person like him get elected when it couldn't have been more obvious that he would be terrible. Labour have themselves to blame though - keeping Corbyn for that election was a death wish. Starmer is in now and I would support him but it's kinda too late.

I live in Scotland (hence my username) and have always wanted to stay part of the UK but I am warming to the idea of Scottish Independence if it means a way out of the mess that the UK is in and will continue to face.

The whole thing is frustrating for me being fairly young and having to face the consequences of Brexit & years of Tory government while many of those who voted for B will not live long enough to face the consequences and some probably voted out of pure spite towards the EU or immigrants or whatever else.
I have a scottish friend is pro-independence but knows the big problem is what currency scotland will use. If they stay with the pound they will have no power over it and could be screwed economically by the conservatives in revenge.

They could have their own currency, but would have to take on so much of the UK national debt, and if they refuse the new currency would be introduced as junk like the Nigerian Kobo. and economically could be a shitstorm.

They could go for the euro, but its possible they would be vetoed by spain, whom don't want catalonia to split from them.

Also, a lot of the SNP economics has been based around North Sea Oil. Now the Shetlands who regard Edinburgh as distant as London, are threatening to become a Crown dependence like the Isle of Man, and would keep the oil cash receipts.

All in all, many of the SNP say they want Independence, but don't really.....

Reactions: 6
I have a scottish friend is pro-independence but knows the big problem is what currency scotland will use. If they stay with the pound they will have no power over it and could be screwed economically by the conservatives in revenge.

They could have their own currency, but would have to take on so much of the UK national debt, and if they refuse the new currency would be introduced as junk like the Nigerian Kobo. and economically could be a shitstorm.

They could go for the euro, but its possible they would be vetoed by spain, whom don't want catalonia to split from them.

Also, a lot of the SNP economics has been based around North Sea Oil. Now the Shetlands who regard Edinburgh as distant as London, are threatening to become a Crown dependence like the Isle of Man, and would keep the oil cash receipts.

All in all, many of the SNP say they want Independence, but don't really.....
I'd love to see Scotland succeed but it looks like things could get very hairy for them economically, and that's not even taking to account that Westminster will be determined to screw them over. I still plan on applying for my ancestral passport once they've got their independence though!

Reactions: 4
I'd love to see Scotland succeed but it looks like things could get very hairy for them economically, and that's not even taking to account that Westminster will be determined to screw them over. I still plan on applying for my ancestral passport once they've got their independence though!
It is hairy for everyone in the UK just now with the no deal Brexit on the horizon and the economy in the toilet anyway with Covid.

I’m happy to take my chances with independence. Independent being the natural state of any country.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What is an ancestral passport. My mum was Scottish, this sounds interesting

Reactions: 2
Hmmmmm - have you seen your avatar?? Not sure the Scottish would welcome you with open arms! I'd be impressed if you knew where Dover was though ;)
Hahahaha he's my dirty secret, I'm so not a Tory lover. My geography is passable, but I only found out Germany had a coast line two months ago despite living there for half my childhood so maybe me and Raab are a match made in heaven 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hahahaha he's my dirty secret, I'm so not a Tory lover. My geography is passable, but I only found out Germany had a coast line two months ago despite living there for half my childhood so maybe me and Raab are a match made in heaven 😆
Is it the bulging forehead vein??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Now the ever changing length baby has been christened will Carrie be off? Has she had enough of the Russian violinist rumours? When will Dom Cum push forward his first choice pm Gove? It's all to play for folks.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.