Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel the super injunction thing is total bollocks.

It wouldn't apply in Scotland and parliamentary privilege would override it too.

Reactions: 2
Print what?

You're missing my point.

There is nothing re Boris and Carrie being covered by a super injunction.

Reactions: 1
From another gossip site
The Bip Issue
Rumours involving a mad shagger MP and a relatively obscure internet celebrity have been doing the rounds in media circles this last week, but very little of it has ended up making it to print. So what’s the deal with this Bip Ling and Boris Johnson story? Has Boris actually bonked an internet influencer? Or have we all finally lost our minds?

Reactions: 3
Do you think Mandelson ever gave a stuff about the people of Hartlepool? What does Harriet Harman know about Peckham? Luciana Berger wouldn't have been able to find Liverpool on a map before she was parachuted in.
All parties parachute people around. Blair represented Sedgefield. Anyway, biggest reason they will struggle to win convincingly again is that they lost Scotland to SNP. Very hard without Labour seats from up their.

Yesterday's Popbitch said as far as they could tell there's no superinjunction and Boris is behaving himself at the moment because of a previous indiscretion that Carrie found out about.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
They also pissed off their activists, treating them like tit and ignoring them while using focus groups to decide policy. Party democracy was effectively wiped out.

Look at Scotland. They could weigh rather than count their votes, and were reduced to a single MP at one point. They're not even the opposition party at Holyrood.
Labour have a mountain to climb without the Scottish vote
Oh we are all Keir fans over on the downing street thread.
I didnt know there was one. I'll go over and have a look

but it does irk me when literally everything that goes wrong is Jeremy Corbyn's fault when it just isn't
Corbyn was Momentums useful idiot. He had 40 years griping on the backbenches about the EU but when push came to shove had no ideas or opinions. His obsession with Palestine and 40 year old arguments demonstrated what a poor politician he is. Hes still whining away now about how he could have been PM if only everyone in his party didnt think he was incompetent. I thought hed be a breath of fresh air in the Labour Party but hes destroyed it an him and his mates

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
They also pissed off their activists, treating them like tit and ignoring them while using focus groups to decide policy. Party democracy was effectively wiped out.

Look at Scotland. They could weigh rather than count their votes, and were reduced to a single MP at one point. They're not even the opposition party at Holyrood.
Yes indeed and KS is going back to those days. The stories out of his CLP are very bad indeed. Any attempt to try to democratise the party was met with derision at every turn and came from locally loathed MPs (think Change UK lot) who knew they'd be deselected in a hot minute if the members were given any power. That experiment is firmly over. We're back to London centric careerists.

I would venture that Labour could not now win a majority because of Scotland and after they inflicted Jim Murphy on them, they absolutely deserved to be wiped out!

I would venture that Labour could not now win a majority because of Scotland and after they inflicted Jim Murphy on them, they absolutely deserved to be wiped out!
Having said that, a couple of elections ago, there was an article in the press where the writer calculated what would have happened had Labour won every seat in Scotland and they still wouldn't have won over all the UK.

Having said that, a couple of elections ago, there was an article in the press where the writer calculated what would have happened had Labour won every seat in Scotland and they still wouldn't have won over all the UK.
God we desperately need a decent opposition party. Where on earth is it going to come from?

We're back to London centric careerists.
Corbyn, Abbot etc are the epitome of london centric careers. As are Momentum and most of the new membership that joined Labour after 2015.

Labour have a mountain to climb without the Scottish vote

I didnt know there was one. I'll go over and have a look

Corbyn was Momentums useful idiot. He had 40 years griping on the backbenches about the EU but when push came to shove had no ideas or opinions. His obsession with Palestine and 40 year old arguments demonstrated what a poor politician he is. Hes still whining away now about how he could have been PM if only everyone in his party didnt think he was incompetent. I thought hed be a breath of fresh air in the Labour Party but hes destroyed it an him and his mates
I really liked Corbyn at first, and I thought it was pathetic how the media went after him. I genuinely thought he was someone who wouldn’t put career politics ahead of helping people. But his absolute refusal to step down when it was so incredibly obvious he wouldn’t ever be popular enough to win was really selfish.

Reactions: 12
God we desperately need a decent opposition party. Where on earth is it going to come from?

Corbyn, Abbot etc are the epitome of london centric careers. As are Momentum and most of the new membership that joined Labour after 2015.
This is so true. Labour are out of touch with most of the country now. It’s such a shame, we lost some wonderful MPs like Caroline Flint etc. because of its concentration on the student and metropolitan vote.

Diane Abbott is from London an has lived in her constituencey for over 30 years and Jeremy Corbyn has also lived in his constituency for over 30 years. It would be slightly odd if they decided to represent other regions tbh.

I would dispute that final statement as seeing all CLPs grew in membership size all across the UK. It grew so much Labour party paid off their previous debts obtained prior corbyn! What a generalisation.

I would dispute that final statement as seeing all CLPs grew in membership size all across the UK. It grew so much Labour party paid off their previous debts obtained prior corbyn! What a generalisation.
It also had far more money than the Tory party which is insane when you think about it and all of the dodgy Russian money flowing into their coffers. Unfortunately, we live in a very right wing and conservative country and nothing is going to change that.

It also had far more money than the Tory party which is insane when you think about it and all of the dodgy Russian money flowing into their coffers. Unfortunately, we live in a very right wing and conservative country and nothing is going to change that.
I was watching an interesting documentary the other day. It actually said that Labour tend to do badly in elections where national identity is a big issue. The Brexit election of 2019 is an example, but so was the 1983 post-falklands election and the 1979 winter of discontent.

The also point out that the working class of the UK can be very conservative at times, an example was the dockers marching for Enoch Powell after the 'Rivers of Blood' speech.

• Sad
I was watching an interesting documentary the other day. It actually said that Labour tend to do badly in elections where national identity is a big issue. The Brexit election of 2019 is an example, but so was the 1983 post-falklands election and the 1979 winter of discontent.

The also point out that the working class of the UK can be very conservative at times, an example was the dockers marching for Enoch Powell after the 'Rivers of Blood' speech.
Yes, it's a real conundrum isn't it? I honestly feel that if religion doesn't finish off the human race, patriotism will. I truly hope that we are opening our eyes to colonialism and the worst - British exceptionalism (boy did Covid blow that one wide open) and the next generation will be vocal about it. Nothing has broken my heart more than seeing working class people embracing this shower of tit that is literally killing them. But I suppose that when you've robbed people of everything, they need something to cling to.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, it's a real conundrum isn't it? I honestly feel that if religion doesn't finish off the human race, patriotism will. I truly hope that we are opening our eyes to colonialism and the worst - British exceptionalism (boy did Covid blow that one wide open) and the next generation will be vocal about it. Nothing has broken my heart more than seeing working class people embracing this shower of tit that is literally killing them. But I suppose that when you've robbed people of everything, they need something to cling to.
The phrase “turkeys voting for Christmas” springs to mind.

Reactions: 5
The phrase “turkeys voting for Christmas” springs to mind.
Truth. But you know I try to empathise. If you were never thought to think critically then what choice do you have? Our press is one of the most corrupt in the world and owned by a handful of billionaires. Our education system doesn't really teach about trade unionism or worker's rights or the pitfalls of capitalism - it just teaches English exceptionalism so that makes it much easier to make 'those foreign types' the enemy. The sad thing is it's the people of Blythe and Hartlepool that are going to suffer the most under this government but equally, it's what they chose.

Back to Boris and Carrie - I'm hearing rumours they are definitely finished and................... that Wilfred's not even a Johnson hahahaha!!!!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.