Boris Johnson #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Were Sunak and Javid trying to send a message in the visual of wearing a mask against the rest?

So disgusted the PM continues in power. What a message from the Conservative party, he is there very best to offer. Desperate times.

Reactions: 12
Were Sunak and Javid trying to send a message in the visual of wearing a mask against the rest?

So disgusted the PM continues in power. What a message from the Conservative party, he is there very best to offer. Desperate times.
They are in trouble and they know it.

Reactions: 5
This is Ruth Davidson, a Tory peer, former MP and MSP, in pure rage:

• Sick
Reactions: 6
This is Ruth Davidson, a Tory peer, former MP and MSP, in pure rage:

I might be overly cynical but to be completely honest I’m finding most of these Tories who are suddenly discovering how awful Tories are completely unconvincing.
Davidson took a peerage from this lot and voted for some truly abhorrent policies. The people who knew Johnson was an incompetent bastard aren’t fools - the fools are the people like her who enabled him.
I’ll believe her when she hands back her peerage in protest.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can anyone remember hearing loud music being played in the background when journalist’s were reporting from 10 Downing Street, I remember definitely hearing it and I’m sure it was the night Dominic Cumming’s left 10 Downing Street for the last time not at the exact time he left but later on that evening I’m sure it would have been sky news I was watching

Hands up anyone who did not break any rules during lockdown, or are we all angels? Hmmm

Has anyone asked where these photos have come from, who took them, who passed them on, and for what reason? What did/do they hope to gain?

I think the whole thing stinks! It's clear that someone has a grudge, and when Boris is finished with it won't end there, as other people were also seen in the picture so should also answer for being there.

What I disagree with is the amount of time this is taking during PMQT when there are far more important topics to discuss. People have been appointed to deal with this and should be left to get on with it. Enough is enough. They should now get on with sorting out other issues, cause there sure are loads.

I will now get off my soap box.

• Sick
  • Sad
I didnt break any lockdown rules, and I dont know anyone that did. Shame those in No.10 and its surroundings couldnt do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hands up anyone who did not break any rules during lockdown, or are we all angels? Hmmm

Has anyone asked where these photos have come from, who took them, who passed them on, and for what reason? What did/do they hope to gain?

I think the whole thing stinks! It's clear that someone has a grudge, and when Boris is finished with it won't end there, as other people were also seen in the picture so should also answer for being there.

What I disagree with is the amount of time this is taking during PMQT when there are far more important topics to discuss. People have been appointed to deal with this and should be left to get on with it. Enough is enough. They should now get on with sorting out other issues, cause there sure are loads.

This is completely missing the point. Yes people probably did bend the rules, well I know they did actually. But this was right at the start of the pandemic when there still so much fear and anxiety about the virus about. I know people who were too terrified to even walk to their local shop in case they got arrested or stopped by the police, one of my Aunts who isn’t even CEV didnt leave her home for three months because she was so anxious. Meanwhile this lot were laughing in our faces having parties and gatherings and god knows what else, and whilst I agree that someone has a vendetta against Boris (and I think we all know who is behind it) he shouldn’t be allowed to get away Scot free either.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Im not angry about the party - I’m angry about the lying. The cover ups. He’s had many opportunities to disclose and has lied over and over again.

• Heart
I didn’t break any lock down rules, not just about having a personal responsibility to myself but also a personal responsibility in keeping others safe,

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is completely missing the point. Yes people probably did bend the rules, well I know they did actually. But this was right at the start of the pandemic when there still so much fear and anxiety about the virus about. I know people who were too terrified to even walk to their local shop in case they got arrested or stopped by the police, one of my Aunts who isn’t even CEV didnt leave her home for three months because she was so anxious. Meanwhile this lot were laughing in our faces having parties and gatherings and god knows what else, and whilst I agree that someone has a vendetta against Boris (and I think we all know who is behind it) he shouldn’t be allowed to get away Scot free either.

Yes, I totally agree with you. But my point is that there is too much time being wasted on this in PMQT instead of discussions and decisions being made on other matters; and leaving Sue Grey to do her job.

Reactions: 2

Yes there are more important things to discuss, and that's also the point. When the leadership becomes the distraction, it is time to go. Boris is far too arrogant to have the dignity and respect to do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

For me personally, it's not about who broke the rules and who stuck to them. It's about the double standards.

When us plebs broke the rules, we were yelled at through megaphones, moved off park benches, taken to court, fined... heck, "rule breaking" is what got Sarah Everard murdered. Wayne Couzens knew that arresting her for walking the streets during lockdown wasn't farfetched according to the rules and used that to his advantage.

If only we knew that a year and a half later, people would be shrugging at our government doing way worse, maybe Wayne wouldn't have got away with it.

The consequences for breaking the rules have been far greater on the people they've been imposed on than the people who created them and should lead by example.

And fyi I actually stuck to the rules and the majority of my friends did.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

The ones that are keeping it going are the charlatans that are unfortunately governing us, firstly shielding behind the Sue Gray report and now a Police investigation,
In my opinion He has lost all credibility for discussing serious topics he just won’t get taking seriously by the majority of the public the likes of Putin must be pissing himself laughing at him being a supposed leader
At the start of the pandemic I allowed him the benefit of doubt, I felt for him when he was seriously ill with Covid, what respect has he shown for Nurses Doctors care workers and other key workers who slept in tents in their gardens because they didn’t want to risk infecting their families, in their roles of caring for the likes of him and others never mind the disrespect he has shown for families who lost loved ones , can you imagine the out cry if Doctors Nurses Care workers key workers had been involved in boozy get togethers/ parties after completing their shifts

• Heart

There’s a difference between bending or breaking the rules knowing what you are doing and accepting that if you do get caught there will be consequences (not that I actually know anyone who did - especially at that point in time) and acting as if there aren’t any rules in the first place.

the whole vibe seems to have been last week of term at Primary school, when it’s not worth doing lessons. I wonder who brought in the Kerplunk.

Reactions: 8
They should now get on with sorting out other issues, cause there sure are loads.
I think a problem here is that the current government (as it stands with Boris as PM and his current cabinet) is not capable of addressing all the other issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There’s a difference between bending or breaking the rules knowing what you are doing and accepting that if you do get caught there will be consequences (not that I actually know anyone who did - especially at that point in time) and acting as if there aren’t any rules in the first place.

the whole vibe seems to have been last week of term at Primary school, when it’s not worth doing lessons. I wonder who brought in the Kerplunk.
To me it’s like some of No.10 staff acted as if they were on a Club 18/30 piss up in Kavos!

Reactions: 10

I didn't break any rules and I hope you didn't either. It's Boris and his cronies backstabbing the nation that irks people.

At least Teresa May got a chance to get her own back, he was awful to her when she was PM, he abused and humiliated her at every opportunity. Revenge is a dish best served cold. She wasn't a great leader but she has more integrity in her little finger than Boris has in his whole bulk.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.