Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
New thread for the man that's looking more and more like a ghost with each day. Will he still be able to cast a shadow come Christmas?

Sometimes you get exactly what you want in life, then find it a living hell that you can't wait to worm out of.

boris-johnson-quote-i-have-as-much-chance-of-becoming-prime.jpg

I bet Theresa May wakes up every day with a spring in her step

• Haha
Reactions: 51

lalalanded

VIP Member
New thread for the man that's looking more and more like a ghost with each day. Will he still be able to cast a shadow come Christmas?

Sometimes you get exactly what you want in life, then find that goal a living hell that you can't wait to worm out of.

View attachment 253466

Love it!! I doubt very much he does regrets or self-reflection but I do hope Mrs May is laughing like a drain right now (can't stand her but the right wing loonies in her party really did a number on her when I genuinely thought she was trying her best).

Reactions: 36

lalalanded

VIP Member
Johnson and Gove are so vile, it's making me miss ol' Hameron. I couldn't agree with any of his policies but he was a capable politician.
I remember hating Cameron and Osborne with every fibre of my being ten years ago. They actually seem like halcyon days now. It's vomit inducing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

lalalanded

VIP Member
HEAR HEAR! Loathed Cameron at the time but looking back it was a golden age of capability. Johnson has clearly spent his whole life getting by on his boyish charm and suddenly in his mid 50s and with a real job to do his charms are failing him. The man is a disgrace and is sullying the name of the Tory party for the decent politicians. I’m no Conservative and I would rather eat glass than vote for them but even I can concede that there are good, decent, hardworking MPs on that side of the house.... Boris and his ilk are making a joke of those politicians. Thank God Ken Clarke is gone now; his disappointed face every time Boris did something new to let himself down was heartbreaking.
See, this is what I don't understand. I concede, there may be some hardworking Tory MPs. They might be nice people. They probably love their families very much. But they literally vote for policies that leave children homeless and reliant on charity to eat. I can't square those two things up. While we've been speculating that there's mutiny on the backbenches, the very same plotters are voting to keep people in poverty, to torture people abroad, to break international law. The Tory Party doesn't need it's name sullying - it is sullied by its very existence. In the words of Nye Bevan, lower than vermin.

Chatter

Boris is a character he plays. The ruffled hair, the untied shoelace, the pigeon toes, the catchphrases he likes to spout. He has no gravitas, morals. Just wanted to be PM in name with people behind the scenes doing the work, which is why Cummings is there, and will be there until BJ goes, and with a knighthood. He is a turncoat who changed his opinions on BREXIT as he saw it as a way of getting to be PM. Teresa May was not great, but she had integrity, and was the recipient of hefty amounts of sexism from within the Tory ranks. I bet she has allowed herself a few evil chuckles at the pickle he finds himself in.

I doubt very much whether Al wants to be PM any more, he will surely go down in history as a complete blunderer. Even those die hard BJ fans must see the real BJ now for what he is - an ambitious, entitled lazy chancer who just wants to get laid but get wheeled out for soundbites, no effort, all glory. Except his timing is all wrong, there is no space for anybody like that now. I am ashamed that he is our PM. He has cheapened the role, just like Trump has in US.

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
Totally speechless. This is the prick that didn't take any virus warnings seriously, caught Covid, ended up in ICU and now during a second NATIONAL LOCKDOWN has not social distanced or worn a mask when in meetings. WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?!? He can't even do the absolute bare minimum. You know, I hated Thatcher with every fibre of my being and did not agree with anything she did but I can honestly say the woman was 100% dedicated to her job and put in the work. This buffoon just pissed around without a care in the world. What a slap in the face to the NHS workers that saved his life.

Oh and it's just six weeks til Brexit.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

lalalanded

VIP Member
So he's been cleared of any wrongdoing over the flat re-decoration and Matt Wankcock has been cleared over handing his sister a big contract. What is the point anymore? They do whatever the hell they like with no consequences.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

lalalanded

VIP Member
So he goes for no deal.
Just saw that. So essentially this is what his big money backers wanted all along. I cannot stress how unprepared we are for this or what a catastrophe this is going to be for the country. This is going to make their pandemic organisational skills look like a cake walk. And I don't blame the opportunistic c*nts like the arch brexiteers for this - they clearly have much to gain and being Tories, they only care about themselves. I blame every racist, petty, ignorant little Englander who wanted to 'take back control'. Congratulations, you've destroyed your own country.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member

Sometimes you get exactly what you want in life, then find that goal a living hell that you can't wait to worm out of.

View attachment 253466

That Theresa May gif 😆, best opening ever

• Haha
Reactions: 22

pinkrobot

VIP Member
My friend works in TV & has witnessed him messing his hair up. Apparently the “bumbling fool” act helps gain public Support. How stupid are the public if bumbling is what they want in a minister 😩😩😩
I have friends in media who have seen him suddenly ruffle his very neat hair just before going live. All part of a very calculated strategy to look like a lovable eccentric. And depressingly it worked. No one seemed to mind that he’d been sacked from the Times for lying, peddled endless untrue anti-EU myths when working for the Telegraph, had been sacked from the shadow cabinet again for lying. And that’s not even getting into his racist language and constant philandering. And now some people are surprised he is a rubbish PM. He is probably the least suited for the office of any other PMs in living memory.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Tony Blair is a bloody odd one. I truly believed he was a good PM for the first few years... Until he got into bed with Bush.
He was a good PM and Gordon Brown a fantastic and fair Chancellor, IMO. Sure Starts, Widened Maternity rights, Minimum wage, Instrumental in bringing about the Peace process in NI, Reduction of 50% in the teenage pregnancy rates by initiatives started by his government, bursaries for SW, nurses and many other key workers at university, I can go on and on. His government did really well until, like you say, his ego got massaged (and he was an egomaniac) and fell into bed with Bush.

Reactions: 21

The King in the North

Boris Johnson has failed the public, ignored Cummings and Patel. He's caused over 50,000 deaths and 70,000 excess deaths. Millions of jobs lost, industries butchered and destroyed. Pubs and hhigh street shops closing their stores for good. Starving kids while MP's get a pay rise themselves. Ignoring racism in his own party, breaking his own rules, not following the mask and socially distancing policy in government meetings. He's spent 19 billion on Covid19, with only 14 billion of that spent, where they know where it's gone and accounted for.

All that will be forgiven, because Boris is spending 16 billion on the defence, which is not an increase, but taking us back to the level that we had the defence budget under Brown.

• Angry
Reactions: 21

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
They were banking on a Trump win weren’t they? It was very telling when Biden was announced winner that Boris was over an hour late congratulating him, this was well after Keir Starmer, Nicola Sturgeon, Mark Drakeford and every other world leader. Then when it finally did appear it was half arsed, insincere and quite frankly fucking embarrassing. I can only imagine what was going on inside Number 10 as they all collectively shit themselves wonder what they were going to do next.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20