Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has a history of saying ridiculous flippant crap about serious issues and getting away with it because "well, that's just how he is".
Yeah, hilarious isn't it?
It’s an absolutely awful thing to say in isolation and I think this will always now hang over him. On this, I have a little sympathy, if said in a moment of rage and wrestling with what to do, knowing the impact on the economy, mental health and other ailments being treated. As I say, his reputation will never recover from it. It’s been leaked by 3 different people so there are clearly a number of people in No. 10 who want rid of him (and/or Carrie).
Remember 'Operation Last Gasp'? That was before 130,000 deaths. Ditto 'I shook hands with everyone' and 'wash your hands' as a Covid strategy. Some of us have looked on in horror but his voters just do not care. This is an orchestrated hit and well overdue but I always knew they'd end up going after each other because they are bleeping awful people. Only the Tories will get rid of him. And replace him with someone worse.

Reactions: 7
I just received my local election papers to vote, genuinely have no idea who to vote for. I don't like any of them.

Reactions: 3
I just received my local election papers to vote, genuinely have no idea who to vote for. I don't like any of them.
Feel the same. Obviously would never, ever vote Tory but there's not much else on offer is there? Depressing.

Reactions: 6
I have always loved voting and used to get so excited about it. When I was 18 I walked out of an exam (to be fair it wasn’t going great 😂) and went to vote instead!

I have now decided not to vote ever again. They are all awful, don’t trust them at all and don’t want to give any of them legitimacy. I don’t mind Keir Starmer but hate the Labour Party in my area - v complacent and look down on w/c people.

Reactions: 1
I have always loved voting and used to get so excited about it. When I was 18 I walked out of an exam (to be fair it wasn’t going great 😂) and went to vote instead!

I have now decided not to vote ever again. They are all awful, don’t trust them at all and don’t want to give any of them legitimacy. I don’t mind Keir Starmer but hate the Labour Party in my area - v complacent and look down on w/c people.
I really wouldn't mind sitting this one out either, but I always say if I don't go and vote then I forfeit my right to complain about the results!

Scottish elections for me and I have the opposite problem to you, I don't like the leader of the Scottish Conservatives, but the local Conservative candidate is a really decent bloke with plenty of experience and has done some really good things for the area in his current role on the council. I'd normally go Lib Dem, but (a) I fundamentally disagree with some of the decisions they've made re: votes in the Scottish Parliament recently and (b) the candidate in my area doesn't seem to have any previous political experience and is only 23.

Reactions: 4

Is it a safe seat by any chance? I swear we get the worst rubbish in the safe seats. It's infuriating.

I really wouldn't mind sitting this one out either, but I always say if I don't go and vote then I forfeit my right to complain about the results!

Scottish elections for me and I have the opposite problem to you, I don't like the leader of the Scottish Conservatives, but the local Conservative candidate is a really decent bloke with plenty of experience and has done some really good things for the area in his current role on the council. I'd normally go Lib Dem, but (a) I fundamentally disagree with some of the decisions they've made re: votes in the Scottish Parliament recently and (b) the candidate in my area doesn't seem to have any previous political experience and is only 23.
I genuinely struggle with this. I don't want to demonise all conservatives but even the so called 'moderates' voting records are just abhorrent.

I hate the fact that I'm considering abstaining but that seems to be typical of Labour nowadays. The spy cops thing still sends a shiver down my spine.

Sorry to sound like a holier than thou, but I always vote, even if the candidates aren't amazing and even when its pointless (i.e. Police Commissioner). In many countries people don't have the option to vote, and secondly, if you don't vote, there is a chance someone like the BNP / Reform etc. might get elected.

I do respect other peoples views.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry to sound like a holier than thou, but I always vote, even if the candidates aren't amazing and even when its pointless (i.e. Police Commissioner). In many countries people don't have the option to vote, and secondly, if you don't vote, there is a chance someone like the BNP / Reform etc. might get elected.

I do respect other peoples views.
I do too but I'm tired of voting for not amazing that's all. I was active locally for a long time but I've just run out of steam.

Reactions: 5
I'm not even sure if Boris being found with an underage girl would dent his popularity with the idiotic masses.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Bizarrely the 'John Lewis nightmare' comment seems to be doing more damage than anything. I suppose it's because for the vast majority John Lewis furniture is aspirational.

Reactions: 8
If he goes, it won't be because of "public outcry". Most people couldn't give a toss.

I think many people see Johnson as a bit of a Del Boy - a "loveable" chancer. Except Del Boy had some charm.

Not looking forward to Gove being PM, although there's one person who certainly isn't liked by the public.

Reactions: 5
If he goes, it won't be because of "public outcry". Most people couldn't give a toss.

I think many people see Johnson as a bit of a Del Boy - a "loveable" chancer. Except Del Boy had some charm.

Not looking forward to Gove being PM, although there's one person who certainly isn't liked by the public.
Yes, the one positive thing out of this situation is that if Gove knifes Boris, the public will dislike him even more and then hopefully there's a chance of ditching the entire wretched party. I don't know, I think I'm clinging to straws right now!

Reactions: 1
Can anyone explain to me exactly what a ‘consultancy’ does? I hear about them all the time, but am still non the wiser.

Gove used to work for Murdoch, and is a mate of his apparently.

Patel promised that she would be able to send back the illegals to the EU. Sadly, they have said no, as we don;t have a treaty, and understandably the EU have said they aren't interested in having one.
Patel is a f*****g bellend. And a bigoted piece of crap at that

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.