Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're not. They love him.

And have no clue how fucked over they will be by him.

Alas, Sky News kept Gordon Brown's mic live whilst he privately referred to a bigot as being a bigot.

And the Murdoch rags et al had a joyous orgasm of faux outrage over it all.

And the suggestible public fell for it.
That one incident was the tipping point. I was never Brown's biggest fan but he did not deserve that. If only he was in charge now....... I can't even think about it. The people that voted for this catastrophe (older, northerners) are going to feel this the worst. I wish I had any sympathy left.

They're not. They love him.

And have no clue how fucked over they will be by him.

Alas, Sky News kept Gordon Brown's mic live whilst he privately referred to a bigot as being a bigot.

And the Murdoch rags et al had a joyous orgasm of faux outrage over it all.

And the suggestible public fell for it.
That one incident was the tipping point. I was never Brown's biggest fan but he did not deserve that. If only he was in charge now....... I can't even think about it. The people that voted for this catastrophe (older, northerners) are going to feel this the worst. I wish I had any sympathy left.

Reactions: 8
Me too, before Covid I was seriously considering leaving the U.K. I think we are living in a dying country, Scotland will leave within ten years, Wales in 20-25 and NI will probably become part of the ROI.
Sadly I think you're right. I'd hate though if Scotland (where I'm from) ends up independent. There is a real nastiness around Scottish nationalism that I think would get worse in an independent Scotland and I don't really trust them to effectively run a country on it's own. We'd suffer even more economically as well so a yes vote would probably be another sign that I (and anyone of my age) should leave.

Reactions: 2
Immediately just went into the other room when the BBC newsreader said that he was coming on.

The guy makes me sick just listening to him and I can't believe he actually would think that anyone would take him and what he says seriously at this point. I don't like Sturgeon at all but I'd at least listen to her advice as she usually conducts herself with an adequate amount of dignity.
Not a huge fan of Sturgeon either but we can listen to her in our household without rolling our eyes and wanting to gauge our eyeballs out; she presents herself with pride at least. Genuinely feel a pang for the English right now with Bojo at the front 😳

Reactions: 7
So he goes for no deal.
Just saw that. So essentially this is what his big money backers wanted all along. I cannot stress how unprepared we are for this or what a catastrophe this is going to be for the country. This is going to make their pandemic organisational skills look like a cake walk. And I don't blame the opportunistic c*nts like the arch brexiteers for this - they clearly have much to gain and being Tories, they only care about themselves. I blame every racist, petty, ignorant little Englander who wanted to 'take back control'. Congratulations, you've destroyed your own country.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
"The cost of getting out will be virtually nil and the cost of staying in would be very high"

"There is no plan for a no deal because we are going to get a great deal!"

Too bad the internet is forever Boris!

God, it's so depressing on a personal level. I live in Europe(I am English) I haven't lived in the UK for 9 years now. My son was born abroad, I'm married to a European.

It feels like the British have slammed the door on families like us. How can we ever move back now, the chance of my foreign husband getting a decent job is practically nil. I could not vote in the referendum, yet so many of my rights have been taken away from me and my son. It just makes me hopping mad.

• Sad
"The cost of getting out will be virtually nil and the cost of staying in would be very high"

"There is no plan for a no deal because we are going to get a great deal!"

Too bad the internet is forever Boris!
Sadly his devoted fanbase don't care as they have limited intelligence and a limited attention span. Which is why they sloganeer in three words only. They had no manifesto whatsoever, it was literally 'Get Brexit Done'. I am so ashamed of this country.

Reactions: 12
I am so ashamed of this country.
It's kinda sad to look back at events like the 2012 Olympics now when there was real pride in the country, how has that all went in the bin in the space of less than a decade?

British exceptionalism was always a problem but it's now gone too far and too much hatred is being breed against anyone non-British, it's sickening.

I hope we don't face a similar situation to America at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It will get very toxic next year - it's already pretty toxic (Very little in the media about how racial polaristion is growing a lot due to covid).

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I've went right off Sunak after his suggestions to those in the arts industry to retrain! Showed his true colours, he's a mean-spirited Tory like the rest of the current team.

How about we become an anarchist state and politicians should retrain? Wonder how they would react to that? (I'm not pro anarchy FWIW).

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.