Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course, we'll have a proper national lockdown with early evening curfew in that first week.

The Tories are predictable.

Reactions: 3
With Brexit + COVID costs, I'm struggling to see a future for me here in the UK as someone of a younger generation. I'd hate to live in a foreign country but it almost feels inevitable at this point. I guess I should just find a Scandinavian guy to marry and head over there.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I wish I'd left ten years ago if I'm honest. I don't think anyone could have predicted what was going to unfold back then. I interviewed (badly) for a job abroad last week so here's hoping. I'm a bit of a doom and gloom merchant and I thought the last GE was our only hope. It didn't go the way I would have liked and I was in a fog of depression after. Then Covid happened and it has just gone so completely and disastrously wrong I know I have to leave or else I will be living with depression and anxiety forever in this country. I'm so angry every day and that's no way to live.

Reactions: 10
I wish I'd left ten years ago if I'm honest. I don't think anyone could have predicted what was going to unfold back then. I interviewed (badly) for a job abroad last week so here's hoping. I'm a bit of a doom and gloom merchant and I thought the last GE was our only hope. It didn't go the way I would have liked and I was in a fog of depression after. Then Covid happened and it has just gone so completely and disastrously wrong I know I have to leave or else I will be living with depression and anxiety forever in this country. I'm so angry every day and that's no way to live.
Fingers crossed that job is yours! 🤞

Reactions: 7
Fingers crossed that job is yours! 🤞
Thank you! Very mixed feelings right now but I didn't perform particularly well in interview and there are many hoops to jum through for it to happen. But just the fact that I'm doing it is something I never thougth would happen. But I can only see things getting worse here.

Reactions: 4
If I was in my 20s, I'd be long gone out of this shitehole.
Me too, before Covid I was seriously considering leaving the U.K. I think we are living in a dying country, Scotland will leave within ten years, Wales in 20-25 and NI will probably become part of the ROI.

Mind you it could be worse, we could be in the USA. That really is a tit show.

Reactions: 14
We have more to lose, actually.

The dismantlement of the NHS and welfare state will very much speed up now. We've always had that safety blanket. The US hasn't.

Reactions: 4
We have more to lose, actually.

The dismantlement of the NHS and welfare state will very much speed up now. We've always had that safety blanket. The US hasn't.
This is why Cummings/Gove drove the nation off a cliff to get Brexit (Boris didn’t care - his only motivation was to be PM). It was never about Parliamentary sovereignty (as I think they have demonstrated with their proroguing of Parliament and general contempt and making announcements through the press). They just wanted unfettered ability to carve up the NHS, clamp down on civil liberties and basically restructure society to their exact (and warped) specifications.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
That's why I voted to Remain - it was always clear what a Tory government unfettered by the EU would do.

Yet so many millions of idiots fell for the EU bogeyman argument, despite this country's societal issues being caused by the CONservatives.

Reactions: 14
Immediately just went into the other room when the BBC newsreader said that he was coming on.

The guy makes me sick just listening to him and I can't believe he actually would think that anyone would take him and what he says seriously at this point. I don't like Sturgeon at all but I'd at least listen to her advice as she usually conducts herself with an adequate amount of dignity.

Reactions: 8
Immediately just went into the other room when the BBC newsreader said that he was coming on.

The guy makes me sick just listening to him and I can't believe he actually would think that anyone would take him and what he says seriously at this point. I don't like Sturgeon at all but I'd at least listen to her advice as she usually conducts herself with an adequate amount of dignity.
Oh sweet Jesus, to have an actual grown up like Nicola in charge right now. That's where we are at - all I want is an adult in charge, nothing else. Watching these scumbags make their friends rich off of people dying makes me so sick I just want to reach for the bottle.

Reactions: 8

What I would give to have John Major or Gordon Brown in charge right now.

Reactions: 6
Dead Man Walking
The Flip-Flop Man
Shameless, Clueless, Gutless

...and so it goes on. His aimless bumbling and lack of stoic leadership is becoming an embarrassment.

Hardcore Tory voters must be incredibly disappointed with yet another Muppet in a suit

Reactions: 2
They're not. They love him.

And have no clue how fucked over they will be by him.

What I would give to have John Major or Gordon Brown in charge right now.
Alas, Sky News kept Gordon Brown's mic live whilst he privately referred to a bigot as being a bigot.

And the Murdoch rags et al had a joyous orgasm of faux outrage over it all.

And the suggestible public fell for it.

Reactions: 10
I can’t listen to him anymore. He’s a bumbling idiot.
We were listening to the radio at work this afternoon when he was speaking to Parliament and we all said the same.

Reactions: 5
I mentioned this before but he was painful to listen to as PM well before COVID. The way he spoke in this Christmas message from last year felt like listening to nails on a chalkboard:

There has been a couple of hints on popbitch that CS has been having an affair with Zac Goldsmith. Also that’s baby Wilf is his. Would explain BJ’s haunted appearance.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.