Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God it’s being a long haul this.

Matt Hancock isn’t coming out of this at all well.

Reactions: 1

Cummings was brutal, but I'm not sure why, when all the stories at the time were about his swearing and screaming at people he is now suddenly a shrinking violet who couldn't say at the time that the strategy was rubbish!

Reactions: 6
Cummings was brutal, but I'm not sure why, when all the stories at the time were about his swearing and screaming at people he is now suddenly a shrinking violet who couldn't say at the time that the strategy was rubbish!
He's a sociopathic liar. Also, if BJ and the Cabinet are so very terrible (they are) then what does that say about him that he was working with them all? He's out for blood and he has receipts but I think he fails to realise that the general public do not care.

Reactions: 12
While we have all been scratching our heads about how Teflon Boris appears to be at the moment, and Dom probably gave himself all the credit for that, do you think he is going to be a bit disappointed that even he can’t make anything bad stick to Boris?

Two stand outs for me: the white board fiasco (just waiting for the memes) where Plan A was herd immunity and Plan B was absolutely nothing but underneath said 'who do we not save?' is just so unbelievably awful I currently haven't got the emotional capacity to process.

The other one was when he said he was regularly leaking tit to Kuenssberg. Time and again she was criticised for her reporting and twitter as more or less just being his scribe and lo and behold it wasn't sexism, she's tit at her job.

In the overall scheme of things, I doubt anyone cares but they both just summed up a lot of what I thought. Things are not good.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t mean to single out this post at all but it bugs me that Carrie Symonds is repeatedly painted as this Machiavellian figure when what she is is just an ambitious woman who’s evidently adept at pulling levers to get ahead - making her absolutely no better or worse than the men in the circles in which she moves.

it pulls my head off that she’s seen as scheming, ruthless, devious when it is the man whom she is marrying who is the much greater concern to the actual lives of people living in the UK right now.

rant over.
Totally agree, he was already a complete arse before she came on the scene.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree, he was already a complete arse before she came on the scene.
And this was news to her?? Must have come as a huge shock to the poor thing. Maybe the £3000 worth of takeaways per month soften the blow.

Reactions: 4
Two stand outs for me: the white board fiasco (just waiting for the memes) where Plan A was herd immunity and Plan B was absolutely nothing but underneath said 'who do we not save?' is just so unbelievably awful I currently haven't got the emotional capacity to process.

The other one was when he said he was regularly leaking tit to Kuenssberg. Time and again she was criticised for her reporting and twitter as more or less just being his scribe and lo and behold it wasn't sexism, she's tit at her job.

In the overall scheme of things, I doubt anyone cares but they both just summed up a lot of what I thought. Things are not good.
What is the question "who do we not save?" about? I missed this part. Is he insinuating that they thought about who to let die /not protect? 😳

And this was news to her?? Must have come as a huge shock to the poor thing. Maybe the £3000 worth of takeaways per month soften the blow.
I cannot believe that someone would spend 3K on takeaways a month. Was she feeding an army? Who got the takeaways? Surely, she cannot eat that much?

Reactions: 1

Friend of mine has worked with him in setting up some parts of the covid response. 'Utterly wet and in over his head' is their opinion.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
What is the question "who do we not save?" about? I missed this part. Is he insinuating that they thought about who to let die /not protect? 😳

I cannot believe that someone would spend 3K on takeaways a month. Was she feeding an army? Who got the takeaways? Surely, she cannot eat that much?
He wasn't insinuating. It was part of Covid policy made on the hoof. It's written on the white board photo that he brought in as show and tell. Deeply sinister, especially considering the care homes fiasco.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
He wasn't insinuating. It was part of Covid policy made on the hoof. It's written on the white board photo that he brought in as show and tell. Deeply sinister, especially considering the care homes fiasco.
OMG, surely there will be consequences?

I wonder if this will be reported on a global level.

If your takeaways come from Le Gavroche rather than McDonalds I think it would soon add up.
She surely seems to be a lady who enjoys a luxurious life style. Maybe she should have married a Rothschild, instead of poor old BoJo...

Reactions: 4
I don’t mean to single out this post at all but it bugs me that Carrie Symonds is repeatedly painted as this Machiavellian figure when what she is is just an ambitious woman who’s evidently adept at pulling levers to get ahead - making her absolutely no better or worse than the men in the circles in which she moves.

it pulls my head off that she’s seen as scheming, ruthless, devious when it is the man whom she is marrying who is the much greater concern to the actual lives of people living in the UK right now.

rant over.
I think the issue is more about unelected people influencing government decisions! Unelected by the people, and unelected by the conservative party, and not employed as a member of the civil service!

There is nothing at all wrong about Carrie Symonds being ambitious, but there is if she is influencing policy!

Friend of mine has worked with him in setting up some parts of the covid response. 'Utterly wet and in over his head' is their opinion.
Well this has been fairly obvious....since day one!

Reactions: 9
OMG, surely there will be consequences?

I wonder if this will be reported on a global level.
Sadly if any organisation like the WHO or the UN commented on this I imagine it would drive the public to defend Johnson even more. Imagine "bloody foreigners saying we can't kill our own people now"

I think the issue is more about unelected people influencing government decisions! Unelected by the people, and unelected by the conservative party, and not employed as a member of the civil service.
We've been conditioned to only care about unelected people influencing government decisions if they work in Brussels.

Reactions: 5
Exactly, what was he doing? Making the tea???

Carrie is now the comms director at the Aspinall Foundation (currently under investigation by the Charities Commission, just sayin). My daughter works there and says that when Carrie came to visit (because obvs she wont be on site every day, of course not) she was very dismissive to staff. Not impressed.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.